Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Any way to make the pet not despawn on Ji-kun as you are flying to the nests?

Don't think so, just something we have to deal with.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Any way to make the pet not despawn on Ji-kun as you are flying to the nests?
    For me they despawn and respawn for themselves at the platforms.

Also.

HC Megeara: You deflect attacks in the rampage 100% with Deterrence. If you have healing problems, do it in 4th & 6th, I'd say.
    Last edited by Rullis; 2013-04-05 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    For me they despawn and respawn for themselves at the platforms.
    It did that most of the time, but quite a few times they would just not be spawned while I was out wacking the boss or adds.

Oh well, I guess that gives us another thing to keep track of during the fight...

This is nice thxs

It did that most of the time, but quite a few times they would just not be spawned while I was out wacking the boss or adds.

Oh well, I guess that gives us another thing to keep track of during the fight...
    For me, it would only stay spawned if it actually landed on the platform with me. If I landed on the platform, but my pet didn't, it just de-spawned and I'd have to recall it.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

I found that Posthaste was worthwhile for Ji-Kun, for the downdraft as it completely negates that for us. Granted the 1min Deterrence is helpful aswell, for the Quills.

Also depending on your platform, leaving early might allow you to get the feed buff going to your platform.

Council question - Can you deterrence before frostbite / biting cold to no get it?

Dark Animus - You can deterrence when Matter Swap is cast on you and ask for an instant dispel and take no damage. Unconfirmed if the person your swapping with takes no damage (although the healers told me it didn't look like it).

Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    Dark Animus - You can deterrence when Matter Swap is cast on you and ask for an instant dispel and take no damage. Unconfirmed if the person your swapping with takes no damage (although the healers told me it didn't look like it).
    The way the debuff works is that the damage is shifted from the person with it to the person being swapped to, over time. If you dispel it instantly, the debuffed person takes all the damage, if you let it run out, the swapped person takes all the damage. By having deterrence up during the instant dispel, you reflect all the damage and the swapped person gets none of it. Your tip is just a variation of the tip listed in the front post, where the debuffed person swapping with the hunter lets the debuff run completely out, and just before it does, the hunter deterrences, and takes none of the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The way the debuff works is that the damage is shifted from the person with it to the person being swapped to, over time. If you dispel it instantly, the debuffed person takes all the damage, if you let it run out, the swapped person takes all the damage. By having deterrence up during the instant dispel, you reflect all the damage and the swapped person gets none of it. Your tip is just a variation of the tip listed in the front post, where the debuffed person swapping with the hunter lets the debuff run completely out, and just before it does, the hunter deterrences, and takes none of the damage.
    My bad, I didn't notice it was already in the list! (Probably cause the line start with talking about raid markers...)

No need to apologize, it's useful to point out that the converse of the tip listed is equally applicable, based on how the buff works.

Your suggestion is a little harder to pull off in practice, though, because a hunter needs to almost instantly deterrence, and then instantly be dispelled, whereas the listed tip just requires good positioning by the hunter to be the "swapped" person, and, as long as the hunter is tracking the debuff on their frames, he can deterrence at his/her leisure.

Deleted
    Can anyone explain to me why most hunters (looking at the logs) play SV on Jin'Rokh? In most single target fights I use BM, are there any issues with pets getting the water buff? And if so isn't MM a better single target spec than SV?

My guild is starting heroics this week and I want to do the best DPS possible. I would appreciate some words of advice, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Synteximus View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why most hunters (looking at the logs) play SV on Jin'Rokh? In most single target fights I use BM, are there any issues with pets getting the water buff? And if so isn't MM a better single target spec than SV?

My guild is starting heroics this week and I want to do the best DPS possible. I would appreciate some words of advice, thanks.
    BMs cooldowns don't line up very well with the pool timings.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Deleted
    Anyone have any good advice for Horridon? It feels like my dps isn't really what it's supposed to be. Here's a link to our attempts on him Any tips would be greatful.

Anyone have any good advice for Horridon? It feels like my dps isn't really what it's supposed to be. Here's a link to our attempts on him Any tips would be greatful.
    From a quick look - more multishots, try to position yourself better for Barrage. Use fervor here, btw.

AmoC on the boss or big add with alot of hp. that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    From a quick look - more multishots, try to position yourself better for Barrage. Use fervor here, btw.

AmoC on the boss or big add with alot of hp. that's it.
    All but the "more multi shots" are what I am currently doing and I don't think I will be doing it either because focusing down the main targets seems more important IMO.

Deleted
    Ji-Kun:
    you can attack some lower nests from the main platform, without jumping down. Just stand on the very edge and shoot away. Saves some time flying/jumping and allows you to help out groups you're not assigned to(especially in heroic mode, where there are more groups rotating on the nests)
    Also, if you choose to go BM for that fights, pet can help tanking heroic nest guardians with glyph of endless wrath, which gives healers/offtanks 10-15 seconds to breathe (and those birds hit quite hard if you don't have someone in tank spec present)

Does detterence full negate Horridon dire call on hero? Again forgot to check this week. :X

It just mitigates damage. Not fully, but it mitigates quite a bit with the 50% DR.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart