Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    All but the "more multi shots" are what I am currently doing and I don't think I will be doing it either because focusing down the main targets seems more important IMO.
    Keep srs rolling on the boss (it's not padding.. boss needs to be low on hp by the end or you won't meet the enrage).. and just game your multi shots.. keep aoe'ing when you can.. and when you're single targeting, when trinkets proc.. multi shot once and let the buffed srs roll on everything.. then continue to single target..

biggest thing from your logs that I can see is that you seem to just keep switching off the targets before they're dead.. i.e. not kill shotting.. that's a big loss in dps.. kill shot everything you can mang.. as you said, the key adds on each gate need to die quick.. so stay on them till they're dead and kill shot them.. most of your 7+ minute attempts you only had like 2-4 kill shots total..

and your barrage dmg seems low too.. you might wanna delay it a bit and not use it when there are only 1 or 2 adds up.. make sure to use it at optimal times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Keep srs rolling on the boss (it's not padding.. boss needs to be low on hp by the end or you won't meet the enrage).. and just game your multi shots.. keep aoe'ing when you can.. and when you're single targeting, when trinkets proc.. multi shot once and let the buffed srs roll on everything.. then continue to single target..

biggest thing from your logs that I can see is that you seem to just keep switching off the targets before they're dead.. i.e. not kill shotting.. that's a big loss in dps.. kill shot everything you can mang.. as you said, the key adds on each gate need to die quick.. so stay on them till they're dead and kill shot them.. most of your 7+ minute attempts you only had like 2-4 kill shots total..

and your barrage dmg seems low too.. you might wanna delay it a bit and not use it when there are only 1 or 2 adds up.. make sure to use it at optimal times
    Alright, thanks will do that

Can you immune the Frostbite debuff before application with Deterrence at Council of Elders? (like Jin'rokh's Ionization)
    Last edited by Ruffles; 2013-04-16 at 07:21 AM.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

I believe so, but it'll just jump to someone else I think. No confirmation, but I think someone posted that somewhere.

Deterrence prevents the application of Cinders on Meg- I've gotten lucky a handful of times when blocking Poison Bombs that Det has been up as Cinders has been cast on me- debuff never applies, fire zone is never dropped.

Frost Trap under the spawn locations of the Fogs on Durumu will be triggered even if the add has not yet been revealed and are an easy visual way to mark the location of a Fog for your runners if you see where it spawns.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-04-18 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Can you immune the Frostbite debuff before application with Deterrence at Council of Elders? (like Jin'rokh's Ionization)
    Tested 1 min ago.
    Doesn't work. Got frostbite anyway.

Updated with Daetur's tips, though some confirmation would be nice. Don't know that there's anything else to be added as of late.

I'll try to confirm the tip on Durumu with the frost trap; I frequently see the spawn circles in LFR.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-04-19 at 02:13 AM. Reason: wrong boss name
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Horridon
    • [COLOR=#0000ff] Snake Trap knock back the add.

Ji-kun
    • If downdraft is causing you real problems, try glyph of black ice under the boss!
      I prefer to use Posthaste, you need ~60% Movement speed to stand on the platform. So you wont to come off.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'll try to confirm the tip on Durumu with the frost trap; I frequently see the spawn circles in LFR.
    I can confirm this for you. Though I would suggest explosive trap more than frost trap. Or both, if you have time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    I can confirm this for you. Though I would suggest explosive trap more than frost trap. Or both, if you have time!
    Explosive for Red, Frost for Blue! Brilliant!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Frost Trap under the spawn locations of the Fogs on Durumu will be triggered even if the add has not yet been revealed and are an easy visual way to mark the location of a Fog for your runners if you see where it spawns.

Dont you use this?
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1

Would say its better than someting thats flat on the ground (Also longer distance than traps)

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Dont you use this?
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1

Would say its better than someting thats flat on the ground (Also longer distance than traps)
    And you don't have to waste a GCD and possibly a black arrow CD. I'd say that way is better.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    And you don't have to waste a GCD and possibly a black arrow CD. I'd say that way is better.
    True, playing BM on all fights this tier and forgott that trap even share with BA.
    Possible that the ones that suggested traps are doing same.

This macro ftw, me and tanks are placing markers.
    Worked perfect since 2nd pull (noticed after first that it would be needed).

On iron qon hunters can deterrence Freeze and prevent the whole raid from taking raidwide damage (damage depends on the difficulty). Just deterrence before the debuff wears off and no one will take damage from it.

Deleted
    Horridon: Double Swipe is deterrencable (ie it reflects, rather than just reduces damage) if you find yourself stuck in it and can't get out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    On iron qon hunters can deterrence Freeze and prevent the whole raid from taking raidwide damage (damage depends on the difficulty). Just deterrence before the debuff wears off and no one will take damage from it.
    This is the same thing as "shatter", right? He Freezes a person, then Shatters them? I went to put this tip in, and it was already in.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is the same thing as "shatter", right? He Freezes a person, then Shatters them? I went to put this tip in, and it was already in.
    My bad, I guess that didn't come across my mind if that was already there.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ji-Kun: A hunter can make it from nest #8 down below to nest #10 up above with just one feather if they spec into Posthaste. Just jump disengage and use your feather in quick succession.

H Horridon: Always position gate mobs between you and the Direhorn Spirit and you will rarely have to knock it back with anything other than multi-shot. In the last phase, completely ignore the Direhorn Spirit and simply kite in a circle around Horridon, pausing only for Double Swipes.

Council: Use Silencing Shot to interrupt Mar'li when she empowers so she runs into melee/cleave range.

H Tortos: Take CTHD and Deterrence every other Quake Stomp to increase the chance of retaining your Crystal Shell.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-04-26 at 01:17 PM.

the movement speed from posthaste applies to the flying too? That's pretty sexy.