Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I can confirm that Spirit Bond heals your shell on HC tortos.

On tortos hm : Deterrence (with deterrence glyph) the stomp to keep the shield up :>

10+ Year Old Account
    glyph of disengage on N/H jikun. u jump miles back into platform if down draft hits u off

Anyone know if Deterrence can be used to solo soak the orb in Ra-den p2? Thanks!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

So one of the top ranked hunters for heroic Jin'rokh has Ionization Conduction as his 3rd highest damage done ability. Any idea how? Is he using Glyph of Mirrored Blades to reflect the dispelled debuff onto the boss?

Can you link the log please, I can't seem to find it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Apparently I haven't posted enough to post links? So I will try to direct you there. Heroic Jin'rokh, player Peterfiles. He is 7th in the rankings for BM hunters.

The damage from ionization conduction isn't counting towards his dps ranking.

with 6 hits he probably managed to kill friendlies at the end of the fight with it, the debuff explodes when the boss dies.

Okay. That makes MUCH more sense. Some guildies and I saw that but I knew there was no reasonable way to reflect that kind of damage with Mirrored Blades. Thanks for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any one that can give some advise to me on how to avoid HC Jin'rohk's lightning balls of swift death? I seem to be like a friggen magnet! I even stopped dps'ing and only focus on running away, but just as I get happy, boom he throws me with (seems like =P) all the lightning balls of swift death he has in his arsonal. (Yes we only started HC progression this week).

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Any one that can give some advise to me on how to avoid HC Jin'rohk's lightning balls of swift death? I seem to be like a friggen magnet! I even stopped dps'ing and only focus on running away, but just as I get happy, boom he throws me with (seems like =P) all the lightning balls of swift death he has in his arsonal. (Yes we only started HC progression this week).
    The closer to the outside of the area you are, the easier it is to avoid. I usually just get max range by the grates and I barely have to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    For HC Twin Consorts, you can SS>BA>AMoC (if SV) on Suen on the pull before she disappears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The closer to the outside of the area you are, the easier it is to avoid. I usually just get max range by the grates and I barely have to move.
    Will definately try this. TY very much.

Question about quills. Say I'm at a nest, and deterrence a second after the quills cast starts. Assume it takes around 3 seconds for the quills to reach me, and 2 seconds later my deterrence falls off. Will I continue to immune the quills that physically hit me but were cast during my deterrence? (Will I get the full 5 seconds of immunity, 3 of which I do not actually have deterrence up?)

I believe that's how it should work, assuming it still works the same as it did at release.

Personally, I just wait until I see them hitting me and then hit deterrence. Quills is 8sec, so waiting a few moments probably won't hurt. I do the top middle nest with deterrence like that and a healthstone and it's never close.

Any tips for H Lei Shen Helm of Command?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    Any tips for H Lei Shen Helm of Command?
    If 25 man - tell your warlocks to put up portals and use them.
    If 10 man - tell your warlocks to put up portals and use them.
    If no warlocks - yell at your raidleader to get a proper class composition, spec into posthaste instead of Crouching Chimera, and disengage the instant you get the helm, then turn around and run (stay as close to the middle of the platform as possible, as to not get pushed off before you get time to react).
    It means 2 min CD on deterrence instead of 1, but it's the only way you'll survive without the portal (or without any other speed-external+standing VERY far into the platform) consistently.
    If you do go with posthaste, use the disengage glyph to get a little more lee-way with your backwards jumping (normal disengage just makes you stand still for a second, glyphed actually pushes you a bit back).

Alternatively: If you like to live dangerously, get a druid to symbiosis you for Dash. It'll counter one helm of command. But if you get the second one, you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If 25 man - tell your warlocks to put up portals and use them.
    If 10 man - tell your warlocks to put up portals and use them.
    If no warlocks - yell at your raidleader to get a proper class composition, spec into posthaste instead of Crouching Chimera, and disengage the instant you get the helm, then turn around and run (stay as close to the middle of the platform as possible, as to not get pushed off before you get time to react).
    It means 2 min CD on deterrence instead of 1, but it's the only way you'll survive without the portal (or without any other speed-external+standing VERY far into the platform) consistently.
    If you do go with posthaste, use the disengage glyph to get a little more lee-way with your backwards jumping (normal disengage just makes you stand still for a second, glyphed actually pushes you a bit back).

Alternatively: If you like to live dangerously, get a druid to symbiosis you for Dash. It'll counter one helm of command. But if you get the second one, you're dead.
    Posthaste while obviously good is not absolute necessary. Aspect of Cheetah doesn't daze when Helm is on you. Aspect alone plus 1 disengage will be enough to counter Helm if you manage to stand not far from the middle of your quadrant when Helm comes off CD.

Deleted
    I use glyphed aspect and go cheetah if I get one, if I'm on the edge I have Druid symbiosis on me and two priests who haven't binded leap of faith.