Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    making (or should I say continuing to) the game more stupid for the (lack of) quality players is horrible idea
    How exactly does it do that? You could still queue as a healer, or with healers. I'm not even understanding your point right now, unless you like healer disparities because you like being on the side that has more healers.

Not changing it wont suddenly cause, after seven years, DPS to "learn their lesson and suddenly become good."

Quote Originally Posted by apepi
    Naw, I like how it can be chaotic, don't mess with it.
    Giant fights in AV mid between groups with healer support= fun chaos.

Being beat on for 8 minutes in Arathi Basin because you have no healers = waste of time
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Just make talents & specs the same as when you're in combat for the BGs.
    Make it so you're not allowed to modify it while you're inside the BG, also a bonus for people who are healers would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd move to a more active based rewards system, you know rewards for healing, damage, capping nodes, then they could give double the honor per healing done they give for damage done and making healing appealing for honor farming that way.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I wish they'd move to a more active based rewards system, you know rewards for healing, damage, capping nodes, then they could give double the honor per healing done they give for damage done and making healing appealing for honor farming that way.

There would have to be a set healing--> honor ratio same with damage. Which could become quite exploitable on a healers part to get absurd amounts of honor. It would also make dps more prone to just AOEing instead of nukeing down single targets such as healers.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-03-30 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Its a good idea in theory. But there is nothing to stop ppl changing spec and doing what ever role they want anyway. Also warrior healer? break out the bandages :P Also i'd rather a longer queue and a more balanced battle personally.
    I also agree with this. It also gives a little downtime before entering to allow for some dailies/farming/browsing AH for deals/fishing/etc.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

You heard the game, either get some bandages or reroll, now.

But really they do this role thing for LFR and 5 mans. Nothing stops the player from being a different spec once they are in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    But really they do this role thing for LFR and 5 mans. Nothing stops the player from being a different spec once they are in.
    They need to make it so that wont happen. They should make it so if you switch out of healing spec at any time, you're booted from the BG.

...also, people queueing as healers and then attempting to DPS in five mans? How well do people think that works?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

During set up time you are allowed to switch specs if they removed that then you can't switch specs at any time in a bg.

But then again, what is stopping a ret paladin from queuing up as healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    horrible idea

roles don't win bgs, players do

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.
    so ur telling me that in a random bg where the opposing team has 4 healers and u have 0, u are telling me that u have no problem cc'ing and interrupting all 4 healers at the same time? I find that HIGHLY unlikely, its a random bg bc u are playing with random players, there is no coordination, and at some point in time 1 of the 4 healers is going to be free casting on ur current kill target and by the time someone figures that out 1 of the other healers is on DR for cc...I for one welcome this change, i am tired of running into an opposing team with 4 unkillable healers and having some scrub /lol emote me as i try to kill him bc he has 3-4 healers backing him up and i have 0...

Finally Blizzard does something right (assuming this is not a bug). I play mostly healers and think this would be a good change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    During set up time you are allowed to switch specs if they removed that then you can't switch specs at any time in a bg.

But then again, what is stopping a ret paladin from queuing up as healer.
    They could make it automatically switch you into healing spec upon entering the BG, and disallowing you from queueing as a healer if you don't have the aforementioned healing spec.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I hope this is something that doesn't go live. Many ppl will skip around it or queue for things they wont do to speed up their queue times. This is a horrible solution to any issues that bg groups might be currently facing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it actually works its something. Instant ques are for nothing as EU Alliance, they still loose around 9 out of 10 games they play, partially due to Horde having more Healers (Eight in a Twin Peaks is BS). Now if they put a minimum gear requirement on it it would be nice, less idiots with 250k hp the better -_- (Unless I'm my Horde Lock, 200k Chaos Bolts for the idiots (And victories. Because, y'know. Horde.)
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I get more honor when going as dps, so I queue and play as a dps. Even tho I am Resto main spec.
    Give honor bonuses to healers to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/354.html He was a priest all along.

As I am healing 90% of the time anyway unless I get too frustrated with the DPS, it's a joke having to kill Glaives on IoC because not one rogue/feral/hunter can be bothered to do so, I'd love to get extra rewards for what I am doing anyway!

That being said, giving it simply for damage done/healing done/capping nodes would lead to a lot of bad situations. It would reward people zerging between goldmine and stables instead of keeping the Alliance of goldmine, then getting extra reward for actually attacking/defending it. Hell some people might let others cap just to recap and they in turn will be able to recap so the first guy cap again.

While it would further punish players going after objectives. In Arathi I usually defend the blacksmith, because often nobody else does. A fully geared healer is often enough of a deterrent that 1-2 DPS change course and inc another base, if there's an DPS it's actually fairly easy to hold it till others come and help out. With such a change I would be punished for defending and contributing to holding the most important base.

Deleted
    Warrior healers eh? I wonder how that works.
    This clearly shows you have no experions in pvp, and have not played wow above level 9. A healer in a 10 man can compely change a BG, in wsg, if both 10, fights in middel(lets say both flag carrier is there) and one team have a healer, they are most likely going to win. and fine in 10 vs 10, the 1 healer is just a target to nuke down, but if there is lets say 3 healers vs a team who have none, the team without is doomed, they have no chance, at all to win any of the major fights, and no way to really defend their flag carrier. I like the idea, but have to be a way, so if you change spec, you get kicked, for else EVERYONE will sign up as a healer just to go back to be a dps(and i know not everyone, since there are people who now also heal in bg's)

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 11:58 AM ----------

In teory this sounds like the perfect reward system, you get reward for what you actively do. But beside the obius "double the honor per healing done" how would that work out? since the major part of the hornor you get is from winning or lossing a bg, and after that it is from killing blows(so how would that work one? 1 healing = 1 kb? 100k= 1 kb, or 1 milions = kb? how would the honor per healing done work out? is it, if you are healing when 1 dies near you, you get one or what?

And added to the" active" system, it will lead to even more people just not careing about "the goal" and more about "their goal" no one would ever agian trade flag to a flag carrier, since " lolz i get more honor for capping" no more in IoC we need to break down gates, and then kill boss, since " if i cap hangar, and then the nodes, then i get 50 honor every time i do it" so instedt of creating a "active" bg you have created a army of selfish people, not careing about to win, for you do not need to win the 270 HP, if you can get 50 for every note you take, and then loose and get 100 something more HP.

So I just tested this out on ptr. It does not seem to work. I did a BG as a horde healer and I was the only healer present on our side while the alliance had 6 healers. So yeah. Doesn't work (yet).

horrible idea

roles don't win bgs, players do

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.
    Pretty much - got a shammy in our guikld who always cries if we have no healers when the enemy has one or two. We still win.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    so ur telling me that in a random bg where the opposing team has 4 healers and u have 0, u are telling me that u have no problem cc'ing and interrupting all 4 healers at the same time? I find that HIGHLY unlikely, its a random bg bc u are playing with random players, there is no coordination, and at some point in time 1 of the 4 healers is going to be free casting on ur current kill target and by the time someone figures that out 1 of the other healers is on DR for cc...I for one welcome this change, i am tired of running into an opposing team with 4 unkillable healers and having some scrub /lol emote me as i try to kill him bc he has 3-4 healers backing him up and i have 0...
    If you get beaten by a scrub because you're trying to 1 vs 5 them you deserve to get lol'd at
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Warrior healers eh? I wonder how that works.
    Why not in some cases we have more healing than healers
    I think that if system will try to fiind a healer its the wrong decision is beter to balance the healing aka if there is no one healer queued in one of the sides or 1 just to allow the same number of healers to get in to BG from the oposite team

Deleted
    This is a great idea in theory. Lately when i've been playing WSG, TP and BfG i've been facing 3-5 healers on average in the enemy team, and that's not fun for anyone except themselves.

I don't mind the queues getting a bit longer, i mean it's not like they are instant, so whatever. I really hope they can make this work in practice!