Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good idea.. i hate it when every paladin has 60k mana, every druid has energy etc. and you don't have a single healer and the other team has at least 3. But Blizzard should forbid respecing once inside the battleground to prevent abusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They could make it automatically switch you into healing spec upon entering the BG, and disallowing you from queueing as a healer if you don't have the aforementioned healing spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They need to make it so that wont happen. They should make it so if you switch out of healing spec at any time, you're booted from the BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGoku View Post
    Just make talents & specs the same as when you're in combat for the BGs.
    Make it so you're not allowed to modify it while you're inside the BG, also a bonus for people who are healers would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Good idea.. i hate it when every paladin has 60k mana, every druid has energy etc. and you don't have a single healer and the other team has at least 3. But Blizzard should forbid respecing once inside the battleground to prevent abusing.
    I like having the choice. Restrictions like these will just mean longer queues, and inexperienced healers being "forced" to play healer so they can get a few games in during the time they have online.

Secondly, healer composition nearly always is a lesser influence on the game than the teams skill and ability to play together. People say "omg if they have 5 healers how you gonna kill all 5" to which I'd say "if you're trying to take on 5 of their team, you're probably not playing the most tactically", but thats a different discussion, and essentially boils down to learn-to-play issues. Battleground queues for random battlegrounds NEED to be quick. Sitting around waiting to play the game is BORING. Being FORCED to heal when you enter a BG just means you'll leave or AFK which helps no one. Let people play the role they want, and if lack of healers is really ruining your random BG fun, roll a healer yourself, or play with healer friends.

Another issue - when players leave a game, whether intentionally or because of a disconnection, one team is at a numercial disadvantage. By adding the role aspect to BG teams, you're going to increase the amount of time it takes to replace missing team mates. I for one (and I'm sure most of the players who do a lot of random BG's would agree) would rather have a DpS enter the team almost instantly, than play 10 vs. 9 for 10 minutes waiting for a healer. Who doesn't know how to heal anyway but got thrown in and "forced into healing spec" and "not allowed to respec or they get kicked"...

Honestly, what is the issue with healers in random battlegrounds? Are you really finding them that hard to burst down?
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-03-30 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    During set up time you are allowed to switch specs if they removed that then you can't switch specs at any time in a bg.

But then again, what is stopping a ret paladin from queuing up as healer.
    Require them to be in healer spec to queue, if they enter then they can't swap to Ret. Just do that.

I think people might be overestimating how many people would game the system and queue as Tank or Healer while being DPS. I have run a large amount of LFG with a variety of tanks and healers since it was introduced and in that time I've only once had a DPS queue up in a role to get a shorter Queue time. A Fury Warrior queued as a tank and we kicked him after two pulls and got another tank.

Now, the kicking isn't an option, but the entire group could report, but overall I just don't see that happening that often (compared to other things like bots). Most casual players don't try and game the system like that.

Thank god, it's about time Blizzard updated their BG queue technology to match LFR tech. With the amount of things to do in this game now, I definitely don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for a more balanced random BG experience, so long as it actually does what it's supposed to and doesn't have loopholes players can exploit.

While this sort of change is welcome to me, I hesitate to suggest Blizz take the idea further along the lines of LFR, that is to say, starting sorting people by pvp ilvl. While doing that could even out the imbalances even more, I'm worried that it might drastically increase random BG queues for people who are in full malevolent. I suspect that I'm in the minority of people who like to do random BG's just for fun when RBG's or Arena isn't going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    overall I feel bad dps has more impact on losing a random bg then how many healers are on a team
    Healer imbalance compounds the issue ten fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Give healers more honor/conquest per game, problem solved!

Some safety mechanism will probably be having to queue with a healing spec and getting a warning message that you will be kicked out of the queue if you try to change spec.

And I wonder, will you be able to queue as a tank :O?
    Hey I know you are kidding but they gave free mounts to tanks, and sometimes healers for LFDs...

This should have implemented ages ago, especially in the battlegroup i am in, maximum of 1 healers if lucky, even at 15 people maps while the other side always has a perfect balance of 3/5 depending on the map, god damn nightmare ye we win sometimes cause their DPS is undergeared and they cant kill flag carries, but god what a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't force healers in bgs...already have huge queue times this will just make it worse

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hey I know you are kidding but they gave free mounts to tanks, and sometimes healers for LFDs...
    If you mean the tank part, yes. I don't mind healers getting more rewards if it creates more healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be abused to shit, like poorly geared ret paladins queuing as healer for faster pops abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I like having the choice. Restrictions like these will just mean longer queues, and inexperienced healers being "forced" to play healer so they can get a few games in during the time they have online.
    If you don't want to be a healer, don't queue as one. If you want to be a healer, queue as one.

Not entirely sure how that's any more restrictive than doing so now is.

Secondly, healer composition nearly always is a lesser influence on the game than the teams skill and ability to play together. People say "omg if they have 5 healers how you gonna kill all 5" to which I'd say "if you're trying to take on 5 of their team, you're probably not playing the most tactically", but thats a different discussion, and essentially boils down to learn-to-play issues. Battleground queues for random battlegrounds NEED to be quick. Sitting around waiting to play the game is BORING. Being FORCED to heal when you enter a BG just means you'll leave or AFK which helps no one. Let people play the role they want, and if lack of healers is really ruining your random BG fun, roll a healer yourself, or play with healer friends.
    Irrelevant. You can't "ensure" quality. What you can "ensure" is that a healing specced person is on your team.

Honestly, what is the issue with healers in random battlegrounds? Are you really finding them that hard to burst down?
    Well, if I spend more than 5 seconds not CCed, I can get ONE healer down pretty low. But when they have two other healers healing them, while DPS beats on my back and I'm sans healing support... yeah, that sucks balls.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd much rather see strict ilvl brackets instead of capping healers. Frankly gear and number of bots has a much bigger impact than the number of healers. Number of healers determining random BGs is more of a myth than reality believed by people that have no clue/don't heal, and we will apparently see that soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd much rather see strict ilvl brackets instead of capping healers. Frankly gear and number of bots has a much bigger impact than the number of healers. Number of healers determining random BGs is more of a myth than reality believed by people that have no clue/don't heal, and we will apparently see that soon.
    Quality ensures team competence over healers.

You can measure healer numbers. You can't measure competence level.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    making (or should I say continuing to) the game more stupid for the (lack of) quality players is horrible idea
    When your only argument is saying something is a horrible idea... Not one single ounce of your argument is compelling.

The fact that you're so delusional that you believe you can rely on finding skilled players when you queue for a random battleground, forming a collection of 10, 15, or even 40 people out of thousands, and thousands, and THOUSANDS of people... it's kind of shocking.

There is no way for Blizzard to "fix" bad players. If they could, do you not feel they would've done so sometime in the past 8 years? So, just, I don't, pull your head out of your ass for a second or two. Lack of oxygen can lead to permanent brain damage.

Requiring a certain number of healers per team in random battlegrounds can only prove to be advantageous good players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Raise you this one....

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/354.html

Edit: @ the actual topic.....

The idea of a random bg Q system is a very touchy subject. You could set it up like lfr or lfd which looks like to be the best way to go, however adding a vote kick to bgs would be about the worst idea ever. There is also the technical end of it, guy qs up and healer and then switches to dps ect. The technical part being, can you force someone to be a healer? Can you force their spec to change as they enter the bg? How would it work? is the game capable of it?
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-03-31 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what, he's a priest and uses bandages? O_O

OT: I think I've made myself clear in a few different threads already, but I still dislike the whole idea. I like to keep my battlegrounds random without having to deal with a 30min queue timer for whenever I play as a dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Wait what, he's a priest and uses bandages? O_O

OT: I think I've made myself clear in a few different threads already, but I still dislike the whole idea. I like to keep my battlegrounds random without having to deal with a 30min queue timer for whenever I play as a dps.
    I guess this is a matter of perspective. Personally I hate whenever I get into the bg and I check heals only find the alliance has zero and the horde has 3 healers. It gets absurd. Healers heavily effect the out come of most bgs, especially in CTF. In some cases you literally cannot win a CTF bg if you do not have a healer.

Another negative of a bg role queue system is that it may inadvertently cause a mass increase of playing of smaller bg like WSG and TP and leave out the larger ones like AV and IOC (I hate those two anyway but it must be brought up)
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-03-31 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    If I wanted to win I'd queue as healer and play as dps. As a healer you can't carry bad players, but as a dps you can carry the whole bg to a victory alone.
    Are you going to man mode carry the flag and kill the enemy flag carrier and healers without any healer support?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This looks rather as implementing satchel (or whatever bonus) for bg role. As written above blizzard never did any hard check for dps joining as tanks/healers to 5 mens, so I don't think they do it exclusively for pvp (remember, pve > pvp as first blizzard rule).

And please stop saying that going against 4 healers in 10s is nothing hard.