Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    horrible idea

roles don't win bgs, players do

this is just blizz caving to babies on the forums who don't understand the concept of cc and landing interrupts.
    Go...go in rated bg and reach at least 1800 without healers
    In that case random = rated, healer are needed

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Queues... I hope they don't reach the 10 minutes mark.
    10 minutes. bah. back in the day our queues were 40 minutes into alterac valley.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:05 PM ----------

1 healer makes a big difference in a BG. i play healer on my druid, and sometimes im the only healer in the entire battleground.
    In these situations we always win. (How do i see im the only one? if im the only player with 1-10 million healing done, i think i am the only healer :P)

I can heal people so they kill the enemy players before they die themselves. Ive had many matches where im the only healer, and we have ALWAYS won. I only play with a friend of mine. So its 2 player premade, hes only a warrior the most underdog class in the game right now. But with my help he can melt faces longer and not so underdog except in damage. And all the other players in the bg who i heal when they need it.

My total dmg done in a bg is pretty much 0 but my healing done is in the opposite end of the scoreboard.

Sometimes enemy team has healers aswell, if they have 3 or more in WSG and they have gear. We are pretty much lost. If we dont have many too. But normally in those situations enemy team is a premade.
    Having even just 2 healers in WSG flag defender its impossible for dps to kill the carrier. Ive noticed it while healing myself.

Even in unbalanced 2v2 arena ive played matches that are dps vs dps and in the background me and the healer are having a duel. Only way to win the match is CC the other healer when his dps has low health. And our manas? they are always full. good game blizzard.

Healers are too overpowered, we also have too much CC in the game and many dps classes have too many defensives and too good selfheals. *cough* warlock *cough*

When i pop my CDs as resto druid, im invincible. Ive always survived the entire time i have my cooldowns up. Thats just a big facepalm at the game design.

Deleted
    Well done OP. Very well made. Meanwhile, on April 1st.

Deleted
    It's time to bring out them bandages bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you get beaten by a scrub because you're trying to 1 vs 5 them you deserve to get lol'd at
    u must live in perfect bg situation world....You've never gone 1v1 and then the guy u are facing has a healer run up from behind and start healing him? You're pro brah

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Give healers more honor/conquest per game, problem solved!

Some safety mechanism will probably be having to queue with a healing spec and getting a warning message that you will be kicked out of the queue if you try to change spec.

And I wonder, will you be able to queue as a tank :O?
    The problem isn't just fewer healers overall, it's the imbalance that often occurs between teams. One team with no healers vs one with 3 or 4 is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    10 minutes. bah. back in the day our queues were 40 minutes into alterac valley.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:05 PM ----------

1 healer makes a big difference in a BG. i play healer on my druid, and sometimes im the only healer in the entire battleground.
    In these situations we always win. (How do i see im the only one? if im the only player with 1-10 million healing done, i think i am the only healer :P)

I can heal people so they kill the enemy players before they die themselves. Ive had many matches where im the only healer, and we have ALWAYS won. I only play with a friend of mine. So its 2 player premade, hes only a warrior the most underdog class in the game right now. But with my help he can melt faces longer and not so underdog except in damage. And all the other players in the bg who i heal when they need it.

My total dmg done in a bg is pretty much 0 but my healing done is in the opposite end of the scoreboard.

Sometimes enemy team has healers aswell, if they have 3 or more in WSG and they have gear. We are pretty much lost. If we dont have many too. But normally in those situations enemy team is a premade.
    Having even just 2 healers in WSG flag defender its impossible for dps to kill the carrier. Ive noticed it while healing myself.

Even in unbalanced 2v2 arena ive played matches that are dps vs dps and in the background me and the healer are having a duel. Only way to win the match is CC the other healer when his dps has low health. And our manas? they are always full. good game blizzard.

Healers are too overpowered, we also have too much CC in the game and many dps classes have too many defensives and too good selfheals. *cough* warlock *cough*

When i pop my CDs as resto druid, im invincible. Ive always survived the entire time i have my cooldowns up. Thats just a big facepalm at the game design.
    To see if your the only healer. use bg targets. tell there role based on specs. and ofc you can easly see your team specs

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Well done OP. Very well made. Meanwhile, on April 1st.
    till i logged into the ptr and they indeed needed to select a role. as a warrior i could not select healer but still

Just disable all healing spells in BGS and there you go fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Just disable all healing spells in BGS and there you go fixed.
    Obviously that wouldn't work, try to be constructive
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would have embraced the Shockadin style of play where healers were half offensive pressure and half heals in PvP. The heal spamming punching bag model they are using now is questionable to me.

This could be pretty awesome unless it drastically affects queue times. It does get old seeing 5+ healers on the enemy team in a 10-player BG. I think I'd prefer the current system over the new one if it did in fact change queue times (too much).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Oh wow, so much has changed in the time I have been gone! Warrior healers.. that's new
    Havent tried out Second Wind have you?

Soon we have 3 bots as healer because the queue times are shorter for them. Still a horrible idea because this will remove the option to change spec before the bg timer runs out + the queue time will be ridiculous long because there are not that many healers so what they do next is give healers an extra reward when they queue for a bg...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty glad this is happening.

Getting into a WSG with 7 healers (who refuse to change spec) and ending in a 0-0 tie is not fun.

Biggest issue I can see with this is people changing spec before the battleground begins (and that's a fairly big issue)
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I'm pretty glad this is happening.

Getting into a WSG with 7 healers (who refuse to change spec) and ending in a 0-0 tie is not fun.

Biggest issue I can see with this is people changing spec before the battleground begins (and that's a fairly big issue)
    I have over 130k hk's and this never happend to me, still something that might happen to you once or twice isn't a valid reason to give me longer queue times. With the changing spec they will prob remove that which is a downside because you can't change spec according to the bg you play. People who like to be a FC or feel the need to be one in wsg or twin and join as dps because they join a random bg are just screwed.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Just got on the PTR and I found this waiting.

So set limits on Healers? Mandatory Tanks? Or just some weird shit they are trying. With how powerful healers are now I can see the reason to do this. If you random pvp at all I am sure you ended up in a game where the other team had 3-4 healers and you had 0 and it felt impossible. But on the other hand, queues aren't instant right now, so why make them longer.

Made your image a little smaller (click to get full size) ~ Snuggli

Sry Snugg, im running 2560x1440, cut down to 25%, didnt realize it was still to big.
    OH NOES! A PTR BUILD HAS BUGS! Call the press! Alert the military!
    Sorry man but honestly, it's a PTR. They use it to find problems like these.

People saying that DPS are more important than Healers do have a point. Although it's just an opinion (which I mostly agree with).

I've healed BGs as a disc priest for about 60k HKs (yeah, i'm using HKs as a reference of time). I got so sick and tired of healing DPS that did not know how to play properly. They did not interrupt, did not chain CC, did not focus targets. I switched my main spec to shadow and have been making a huge impact in many more games ever since.

As a (I would say) competent DPS, I am able to out perform most people on both teams. I'm able to 1v2 people, and get a flag return. I'm able to shut down healers for a period of time and burst down DPS. I'm able to pull top numbers every fight (KBs, DMG, Objectives). As a healer, I felt as if I'm prolonging the game with people who could not do these things.

I can't wait for this. So tired of getting into temple/ssm/wsg/tp/bfg when the enemy team has 5 fucking healers.

Yes, yes, we might win but oh my god, it's boring, because they are nearly invincible, especially if my team has one healer if we're lucky.
    "Then their dps will be shit". Well, they'll still have 5 healers/gods of immortality backing them up and will slowly wear the 10 dps down anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure the goal of the system is not going to be X DPS + Y Healers where X and Y are constants (like in LFR or LFD). It is going to be X DPS + Y Healers on each side where X and Y can vary, but are constant on each team; each team has the same number of dedicated DPS and Healers. It really shouldn't affect queues that much unless there is a huge difference between factions in terms of the number of healers who want to queue up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson71 View Post
    People saying that DPS are more important than Healers do have a point. Although it's just an opinion (which I mostly agree with).

I've healed BGs as a disc priest for about 60k HKs (yeah, i'm using HKs as a reference of time). I got so sick and tired of healing DPS that did not know how to play properly. They did not interrupt, did not chain CC, did not focus targets. I switched my main spec to shadow and have been making a huge impact in many more games ever since.

As a (I would say) competent DPS, I am able to out perform most people on both teams. I'm able to 1v2 people, and get a flag return. I'm able to shut down healers for a period of time and burst down DPS. I'm able to pull top numbers every fight (KBs, DMG, Objectives). As a healer, I felt as if I'm prolonging the game with people who could not do these things.
    This x1000. I have stopped BG healing unless I pocket heal with friends who I know can get the job done, whatever that job may be.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-04-04 at 03:23 PM.

Alliance queues just hit infinity wait time because no healers ever queue so they will never pop.