Deleted

Horde Casting Animations

Hello mages,

I'm about to start levelling a mage on Horde side, and I wanted to ask which race/gender combo you think has the best looking casting animations?

I know this is subjective, but I'd love to hear your preferences.

P.S I, already have a Male Blood Elf Shadow Priest, so I'd rather have a different setup for my mage.

So, what do you all think?

I like male undead casting animations. Especially the channeling one.

Deleted
    female undead definitely!

15+ Year Old Account
    Any Undead really, though I happen to prefer the female to the male...just feels more powerful, I dunno.

After that, I'd say Troll>Orc>Goblin>Blood Elf>Tauren.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between Orc or Troll when it comes to Horde side, if I had to choose it would be a male troll. I like how they kneel down etc while casting.

One animation to avoid on Alliance side is the male night elf.. Fireball to the face !

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead and Troll both have nice animations for casting and channeling. If you had to pick one though I would go with troll since you get the nice animations and a great racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Orc's animation on horde side. After that, troll's.

Deleted
    Undead > Troll > Orc

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Any Undead really, though I happen to prefer the female to the male...just feels more powerful, I dunno.

After that, I'd say Troll>Orc>Goblin>Blood Elf>Tauren.
    Idk Horde animations too well, but if Troll's really high up on the list, definitely that. Troll's by far the most powerful of Horde Mages with Zerking.

@OP: I know you didn't ask about DPSwise, but if Troll's got cool animations, you'd be crazy NOT to pick that if you don't want Undead. Also, if you want to see the animations, you could check a few sites like wowhead's character models with casting animations, or just make the characters in game and check them out.

(Also, Tauren can't be Mages, and you forgot Pandaren)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    i like orc males, female/male blood elf and male undead are all quite good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Idk Horde animations too well, but if Troll's really high up on the list, definitely that. Troll's by far the most powerful of Horde Mages with Zerking.

@OP: I know you didn't ask about DPSwise, but if Troll's got cool animations, you'd be crazy NOT to pick that if you don't want Undead. Also, if you want to see the animations, you could check a few sites like wowhead's character models with casting animations, or just make the characters in game and check them out.

(Also, Tauren can't be Mages, and you forgot Pandaren)
    I just listed all the Horde casting animations in case he was curious. I didn't list Pandaren since they can be Horde or Alliance and they're kinda meh on that anyway.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Female troll animation is small and tidy, I play a male orc and the animations are a bit too rough, I mean... I am throwing frost at someone's face but I shouldn't swing my arm like im in the olympics.

Male goblins got a cool animation, a flick of the hand through the back and off goes the bolt.

Deleted
    I like the ones from Trolls,Undead and Orcs but the rest just doesn't seem that exciting.