Question How do i solo Kael' Thalas as destro?

Hi,

i've been trying to solo Kael' Thalas Sunstrider on my 90 destro lock with no success.

Whenever i get to the stage where you fight the council members for the second time,
    i find myself unable to do damage because of the content fears, stuns, silences, and disorientations.

If anyone can advise me on the right way to solo Kael as destro, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hagfish View Post
    Hi,

i've been trying to solo Kael' Thalas Sunstrider on my 90 destro lock with no success.

Whenever i get to the stage where you fight the council members for the second time,
    i find myself unable to do damage because of the content fears, stuns, silences, and disorientations.

If anyone can advise me on the right way to solo Kael as destro, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    pick up legendary staff -> equip legendary staff -> activate legendary staffs effect -> kill everything
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

To clarify - loot the Staff of Disintergration when you've 'killed' all the weapons, equip it, then click it to activate a buff that makes you immune to all forms of crowd control.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do first of all (if you're not using it yet) is use GoSac, because you WILL get mind controlled in the last phase if you have even a single pet out. And since you are getting to the phase with all of the advisers, i'll just say what to do then:

Place your pet (preferably a melee pet, from this point on voidwalker) next to capernian when they pop, and place your RoF there as well, right when they pop, your goal is to burst capernian down immediately (you can choose to use major cooldowns here if you believe it necessary). Capernian will focus on using her arcane burst with anything in melee, thus reducing the amount of time before her conflag, almost to the point of not even happening. At this point, capernian should be dead, and then you will sick your voidwalker onto sanguinar and drag him extremely far away (use the "move to" command) as the fear DOES have a range you can be far away enough from. In order to counter the silence, Unending Resole will work against it, but remember that capernian is the first target to die, so if you use unending resolve early, it will most likely not be up for the second target and so forth. The second target after capernian would be the telonicus, because we can all agree, his fucking stun is the worst thing this game has ever implemented. With capernian dead, killing telonicus should be extremely simple as capernian is dead and sanguinar's fear should not be hitting you. The third target now is thaladred, which should be done extremely easily, and then sanguinar afterwards.

Note: Should your pet despawn from getting too far away, or if he somehow dies (extremely unlikely for the voidwalker), that is when you use Flames of Xoroth to bring it back instantly and sick it onto the prioritized target.

Now, after all 4 advisers are dead, this is when you IMMEDIATELY sacrifice your pet, if not, you will be mind controlled and eventually kill your pet, thus resetting the fight. The rest of the fight should be self-explanatory.

Another Note: This is all said mainly if you can actually burst down the first two advisers quickly enough before the first sets of CC go out.

also, just move the 4 guys to different corners and nuke them down quickly one at time, pop cds and get the 2 down in the 2 corners by you fast.
    takes a bit more time at first but makes that phase much more easy

Deleted
    You can use a PvP trinket, kite them to the entrance, using your pet like decribed above and yada yada yada.
    Or you can just equip and use the staff and relax.

I just go up to them and kill all of them really. All I need to use is the legendary staff for the phase with all of them being up

The staff pretty much makes it a non issue as a caster, as everyone else has said. Make sure when you equip it, you use it as well (gives you 15 min buff)

Just to make sure, you need to keep the staff equipped until kael himself comes down. And activate the staff when you equip it first time to get the mental protection field buff.