Poll: Its good to have third talent spec?

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Third talent specialization in 5,3?

I did not see any thread about this so Im making one.

At MMO front page there is interesting link about third talent specialization added in 5,3 : Third talent spec

What do you guys think? Its good or bad move?
    I think its good because there so many specs and two is just not enough. And going to a trainer every few bosses or when you want PvP is really annoying now.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. Very, very good. Sort of makes my having three level 90 paladins kind of redundant though. Though, I guess MoP itself already did sort of do that. Still! This'll lead to me experimenting with specs on my other characters that I'd otherwise never of bothered trying (Blood on my DK, Fire on my mage, prot on my warrior, and Mistweaver on my monk).

Deleted
    It was bound to happen considering the changes made for MoP, I was surprised this wasn't already there at release.

Can't really see why people would be against it, this is a pretty artificial limit.

yes please!! BM, SV and MM specs as Hunter <3

Finally! Considering I have to DPS Zor'lok, tank Ta'yak, and heal Garalon for my raid team - this will be a godsend.

10+ Year Old Account
    More choice, people have wanted it so Blizzard are finally delivering. Good change.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now I don't have an excuse not to spec to MW on my monk.

Deleted
    Wow... finally I will be able to play all 3 speccs without having to reput the spells on the action bars. As someone who tries to gear all 3 of her speccs and perform good at them this is one of the most exciting features in 5.3 for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now my shamy is happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, now to tank raids, heal pvp and dps anywhere in between where required!

/happy monk

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be amazing, hope it goes through. Tired of having to switch specs around all the time on my monk. Always a tank, but enjoy both dps and healing outside of raid.

Finally! Now I'll be able to have a PvE spec (protection), PvP spec (Holy) and quest spec (Retribution).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much it will cost though

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't ever use my SECOND spec, so I don't care.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion remains that if we open up third spec, we should just remove specs entirely. If you can switch them on the fly with no downside except a 15 second drink, then there's no choice in it at all anyway.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am very very ok with this oh my god

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 aprils fools................hope they do add it though, better start getting some tank gear xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Super excited.

I play a priest, and I'm a healer so I like having two healing specs so I can change based on the fight but it makes it more difficult to quest and do dailies without a pure dps spec. My priest currently has a shadow spec and is missing being able to change healing specs on the fly when I feel like it.

My significant other plays a warrior and likes to be fury for PvE, arms for PvP and occasionally tank dungeons and swapping around has been irritating for him as well.

I can't wait, this will fix it!

Deleted
    well, looks like I'll need to start work on my int plate set... but I don't mind. I was waiting for this to happen to do it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems kind of class-biased to me. How many rogues out there actually need a third talent? How many mages? I bet that shammies and pallies are rejoicing, and druids are still holding out for fourth-spec, but as a warrior, I am not sure how much this will help my quality-of-life.

Now I suppose this could be added to the game for a class of player that I am not: top-end. It is possible that, say, members of DREAM Paragon were switching out, say, Combat Rogues with Sub Rogues every other boss because of minute differences in DPS/uptime, and those kind of switches (and the minor improvements that come with them) that came with different players/toons swapping in/out were deemed Something We Don't Want. So instead, Blizz could potentially be adding this to remove that decision, to allow each toon to have all 3 specs (sorry druids) so that such swaps were not called for, making it easier to have a group of 10 people on 10 toons (or 25/25) do the raid without any kind of roster mixmatches.

If that's true, then I'm not a fan of the move. What does this imply? That a boss is undoable for a specific class/spec? That a specific class/spec is a SIGNIFICANT loss on a particular fight? I would rather the encounter designers take steps to make that less of a problem. A boss that makes, say, Combat Rogues to minimal damage and Sub Rogues to much higher damage because of its design flies in the face of the "bring the player not the class" they've said they want to do. Which makes more sense: having a boss that Combat Rogues underperform on and telling these guys "why don't you learn Sub spec to add to your already-existing Combat and Assassination specs?", or to look at the boss and make it so Combat Rogues don't suck so badly on it?

I'm also not a fan if they're doing it so players can eek out a few extra percent heals/dps/survival on a fight-by-fight basis. True, a few percent is a big deal, I get that. But I think most players on most fights do a few percent better, or even more, by working with the fight mechanics and practice. If you're flat-out perfect in your Combat spec, and that's not enough, then see above paragraph. If you're not flat-out perfect, I think it would be smoother and easier to focus on something you're already good at, rather than pick up an entirely new spec and hope that works. Especially in the short term.

Now I will say, for those classes out there with three (yes, yes, or four, I hear you fuzzy bears in the background) specs to work with, I can see the merit in this. The top healer in my raid group is tank offspec, and for one-tank fights, we have to do a flow-chart-esque series of offspecs to get into the right setup. Tri-spec would give us the OPTION of having her instead go DPS so only one person changes roles for the fight. But I somehow doubt this is the reason they are adding this feature. I think the reasons are as suggested above, and while I could not benefit directly from this feature either way, I am not for it.

BUT I hope those of you who can and would use it, enjoy the heck out of it. I'm not going to boycott it or anything!