Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    durumu for icewalls,
    Dks are way better on this. Last I checked, bladestorm vs the hit boxes of the icewalls was piss poor.

lei shen for balls of lightning.
    They move. Assassin Rogues/Dks are way better since it's not affected by the hit box moving out of melee range.

Id say based on how many fights have some form of aoe/cleave factor and the potential for burst aoe it puts us in good stead, but I also slightly feel that 1h fury isn't as strong this tier compared to TG simply due to TG's advantage when there's cleave.
    Log wise so many guilds have the private that it's hard to judge class balance at this stage, but from what I have observed top single target melee is monk>rogue>dk>war,
    I disagree greatly with monks position on this, and also would like to ask you what the gap is between these from your observations. If it's within 1k, yeah, it's close, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    I don't think the TO is going to join a top 15 U.S. raiding guild. I am talking about random raids in chat who are looking for people or mediocre raid guilds who want people for clearing normal content. Especially in 10 man you just don't have enough room for melees, because you also want every buff etc.
    I beg to differ, my main is a dps warrior, and my guild went out of its way to get me to come raid with their 10-man group, since they had no melee other than the tanks. Warriors are not "in demand", but we're not always turned away either.

To the OP, you seem to be leaning towards warriors as far as what you enjoy the most, so I'd say go for it. Warrior pve is still pretty decent.
    Last edited by Blaed; 2013-04-06 at 04:15 AM. Reason: edit to clarify and actually try to help the op

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Dks are way better on this. Last I checked, bladestorm vs the hit boxes of the icewalls was piss poor.

They move. Assassin Rogues/Dks are way better since it's not affected by the hit box moving out of melee range.

Id say based on how many fights have some form of aoe/cleave factor and the potential for burst aoe it puts us in good stead, but I also slightly feel that 1h fury isn't as strong this tier compared to TG simply due to TG's advantage when there's cleave.

I disagree greatly with monks position on this, and also would like to ask you what the gap is between these from your observations. If it's within 1k, yeah, it's close, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case yet.
    Dks are stronger on ice walls but we can still be effective you can storm 4-5 segments along with the boss if you know how to wedge yourself in the correct position, but wall killings dominated by ele shammies for us (they pulled close to 300k on our kill). As far aslei Shen goes if you have a mass grip or vortex into leg sweep you can storm the balls and crush them in seconds which is pretty damn useful. And regarding monks we run with 2 rogues and 2 monks fairly often and our monks generally keep up or beat our rogues on single target, there hard to play and they pretty much require rune but played properly monks are pretty insane single target

Dks are stronger on ice walls but we can still be effective you can storm 4-5 segments along with the boss if you know how to wedge yourself in the correct position, but wall killings dominated by ele shammies for us (they pulled close to 300k on our kill). As far aslei Shen goes if you have a mass grip or vortex into leg sweep you can storm the balls and crush them in seconds which is pretty damn useful. And regarding monks we run with 2 rogues and 2 monks fairly often and our monks generally keep up or beat our rogues on single target, there hard to play and they pretty much require rune but played properly monks are pretty insane single target
    The first ice wall happens during maze. I don't see it being effective range at all.
    You can storm 1 set of balls every minute, but they spawn much faster than your cd and you are sacrificing dps/utility via other talents (shockwave to stun the adds after a grip and having a short enough multi target aoe to be used often) or Dragon Roar which provides better single target, which if you are doing Lei Shen, you need a bit of single target and you might as well let other classes who all have better passive cleaves or aoe to take care of them and help as you can.
    I don't know about monks vs rogues. I'm accustomed to some of the self proclaimed top rogues and they do wonders on the damage meters. But, I don't see many monks, and when I do, and if they are dps, they are usually not close to top 10. Many things could be the cause though.

you get a decent amount of time on ice wall's before the maze begins, I can get a clean storm on 4-5 wall sections and the boss every one, and on lei shen you really need to kill the balls fast taking shockwave is viable but bladestorm is one of the highest burst aoes in the game and on heroic you really need to kill those balls fast, plus other classes have more effective stuns such as monks leg sweep.

you get a decent amount of time on ice wall's before the maze begins, I can get a clean storm on 4-5 wall sections and the boss every one, and on lei shen you really need to kill the balls fast taking shockwave is viable but bladestorm is one of the highest burst aoes in the game and on heroic you really need to kill those balls fast, plus other classes have more effective stuns such as monks leg sweep.
    Are you putting effective damage into the boss when you are cleaving the ice walls? When I was on ptr, it wasn't hitting all ice walls in range, so I'm curious if they fixed it.
    As for Lei Shen, burst AoE would be ~4-5 seconds. Bladestorm still seems like a waste, and yes Monk's leg sweep is good, so is a Warlock's shadow fury, however seeing as the adds shouldn't be up for a full 6 seconds, nor will they stay in the spot after that initial stun (unless stacked) Shockwave and Dragon Roar seem more worth it. Not to mention, once again, that's once every 90 seconds, so you're throwing away your options more often than not.

If you look at raidbots median for top 100 logs, fury is top 3 for H 25man. This drops way down to amongst the bottom if you take median of all parses. So which is the better indicator of Fury performance ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    If you look at raidbots median for top 100 logs, fury is top 3 for H 25man. This drops way down to amongst the bottom if you take median of all parses. So which is the better indicator of Fury performance ?
    Overall Logs aren't everything, because of variances in tactics, gear, fight lengths (and cheese.) Also, fury is a very high skill cap spec to play very well, so that accounts too. You want to know how specs really line up? Check the logs of a few of the best players of each class and compare. Still will have inaccuracies and variances, but a more realistic real world lineup.