Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Has it occurred to you that Hunters no longer have melee weapons or melee attacks? As a result the reintroduction of minimum range for hunters would put them at a distinct disadvantage to any class that has a root, snare, or stun (so every other class).

I'd only be okey if the minimum range was 2.5 or under.

Hunters need some serious changes, but I don't think bringing something as stupid as minimum range back is the best option. It seems to me they should be a little less untouchable for melee though, especially since neither being in melee range or moving negatively affects their damage (not to mention every spec having double deterrence now). I'd actually be thrilled if Blizzard did a major reworking on hunter CC--the model of a dozen instant CCs on dirt-low cooldowns scattered across every DR school is getting a little tiresome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i have no problem with minimum range for hunters if casters start casting again to do dmg, not spaming instants 24/7
    As soon as melee have a maximum range equal to the length of their weapons and can't fly through the air at mach 8, but have to walk everywhere because they are wearing full plate: we live in a world where unholy DKs, shuriken rogues and rets are all fully capable of keeping up pressure from 30 yards away.

It's a mad world, but it works - let hunters keep no minimum range, that's not the problem with hunters. The most annoying thing about hunters lately is their stuipd 8 second AOE root disengage nonsense: fit that if anything - at least make it break on damage, possibly also make it only a 5 second root.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    From a lore perspective it would make more sense that hunters have a minimum range as opposed to casters.
    The only limit to using a bow is if you have enough room to draw an arrow back with one arm while you have the bow held in another, fully outstretched arm. Arrows are actually more deadly the closer the range is. In head-to-head melee combat, the only reasons to ditch the bow in favor of a melee weapon are A) It takes much longer to pull out, draw and aim an arrow than it does to swing a stick, and B) You can't generally block, parry or disarm an opponent using the Bow as you could a melee weapon.

Personally, I'd hate to see the minimum range return for Hunters, but I'd love to see situational melee attacks return along with a much shorter cooldown on disengage along with a much shorter travel distance, and use it as a sort of reverse-charge for Hunters. It would be used for defensive tactics rather than to actually allow you to get far enough away to shoot the bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuq View Post
    Wait, what? You want to go back to Hunters having only 2 attacks when you sit on them so you can get an easy kill?
    soooo, if you were an easy kill as a hunter because of the deadzone.. that's bad class design. But if we can't adapt to hunters having no deadzone.. we need to learn to play our class...

Alright
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    Dude, whats wrong with you? "too"; you could read what classes I play, it's not mage.
    I didn't say you were playing a mage. Try reading that sentence out loud before assuming I'm completely insane. I'm only mostly insane, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i have no problem with minimum range for hunters if casters start casting again to do dmg, not spaming instants 24/7
    Why not go balls out and say just revert everything to how it was in BC?

That's all anyone ever seems to want, even though it completely sucked and was devoid of any real skill aside from lolmacestun, ur so skilled picking that weapon up from the vendor.

OT: I'd explain how to beat a hunter 1v1, OP, but that would be telling.

Plus you really havent even told us what class you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I play an enhance alt, wat do? Teach me.
    Ascendance gives your autoattacks crazy range, wolves heal you, you can talent a 5-second cooldown ranged instant root, grounding totem freezing traps, the list goes on. You have the kit, you just don't use it.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-03-31 at 04:22 AM. Reason: lolenhance
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    soooo, if you were an easy kill as a hunter because of the deadzone.. that's bad class design. But if we can't adapt to hunters having no deadzone.. we need to learn to play our class...

Alright
    I'm saying with minimum range Hunters do near 0 dmg but every other class in melee (caster or not) does the same dmg they always do. If you need Hunters to do near 0 dmg for you to kill them then yes learn to play better. Minimum range was always bad class design no other ranged class had any problem being in melee.

Alright
    Not being able to adapt to something is one thing, not being able to DO something is something completely different.

Fuck you

-Hunters

User received an infraction.
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why! (Minor Spam)

Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-31 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ez fix inc

let people be able to interrupt hunters, you can now slow down their damage a smidge by limiting their focus regen

it isnt even that mind blowing, you could just give their weapon a quick smack and it would interrupt their... focus

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account

Alright
    You do know why it was called a deadzone, right?

Not because the hunter's damage died when you entered it... Because the hunter did, nine times out of ten.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    You do know why it was called a deadzone, right?

Not because the hunter's damage died when you entered it... Because the hunter did, nine times out of ten.
    I have to disagree, stats stick dmg for Hunters was > 0 more or less, so in both ways a deadzone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think minimum range being gone is a good thing. It was never really something a class should have to deal with, and it was something that always made casters inherently better then hunters. You can cry about interrupts all you want, but these days most casters dont really cast, and even when they do get interrupted, they have a 2nd spell school to cast with. It's silly to cripple hunters with a minimum range in an instant heavy game.

But that said I do think hunters are too strong. And rogues are too strong. And mages are too strong. And maybe the key to fixing all of that is removing their Ability that resets the Cooldowns of their other abilities. Readiness, Cold Snap, Prep, remove them. Then balance abilities around CD's that don't get reset.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuq View Post
    I have to disagree, stats stick dmg for Hunters was > 0 more or less, so in both ways a deadzone.
    Eh, my melee output in 2's back in BC could keep up with a decent rogue back when drain teams were viable. Dual wielding axes with Int enchants, hooray!
    *bro fist*

I disagree. Even from a PVE perspective, 0 dead zone is better for hunters, and the health of the game in general.

What needs to change is not that minimum range BS, but all the gap openers hunters get...why do they need them anymore?

Disengage is such a short cooldown, and a glyph to root the target for an absurd amount of time. Something they don't need. This talent was made because hunters NEEDED to get out of melee to do damage. Now they don't, therefore, shouldn't need this level of movement. Get better using traps.

Concussive shot can permanently snare a guy if the hunter is paying attention, or the class doesn't focus all it's energy (read:damage potential) into removing it. They can slow the guy if they need to, to run away. They have intimidate and many other pet peeling abilities that would help them peel if they spec/pet right. Hunters have the amazing ability to adapt to the situation. Make it so it's integral to their class, or make all pets the same so it's purely cosmetic.

It's not like deterrence is going away any time soon. If the hunter can't beat someone down in the full rotation/cc that is root>RF>Stampede>PS>readiness, then they have been outplayed, and then should suffer like all other classes suffer after failing to kill a target after blowing all CC's.

Another thing, Going deterrence while your pets still rip the target to shreds is a bit over-utilized by hunters, and it purely exclusive to hunters. All other forms of immunity have reduction to damage. Also, Divine shield isn't exactly in the same category, because it can be removed by the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    But that said I do think hunters are too strong. And rogues are too strong. And mages are too strong. And maybe the key to fixing all of that is removing their Ability that resets the Cooldowns of their other abilities. Readiness, Cold Snap, Prep, remove them. Then balance abilities around CD's that don't get reset.
    I think we often don't see eye to eye, but on this we very much agree Cooldowns that remove other cooldowns have been a consistent problem in arenas since their inception, the only way to fix them is to remove them - and if that means buffing the classes that have them to achieve new balance that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post

Another thing, Going deterrence while your pets still rip the target to shreds is a bit over-utilized by hunters, and it purely exclusive to hunters. All other forms of immunity have reduction to damage. Also, Divine shield isn't exactly in the same category, because it can be removed by the enemy.
    Reality check brought to you by cloak of shadows. If you really need more examples, I am sure more people here will be happy to bring them up. Dots still tick on the hunter, ground targeted aoe and cc's still work (lock stun). The hunter's pet, even as BM, isn't doing more than 50% of their damage, so deterrence is effectively the same damage loss as divine shield. And that assumes that with a deterrence'd up hunter you don't snare the pet and take 3 steps to negate 100% of damage, or root it, or cc it, since it's not immune even under bestial wrath.

This just sounds like more ranting from someone upset they actually have to outplay a hunter, not just deadzone camp for free kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Deterrences + camo + feign death during ascendance, hunt passive healing is better than wolves, I frostshock root the hunter and he freedoms and disengages away while I'm stuck in a root, I get a pet stun/silence shot/random partner shit during scatter so I can't ground the trap on my healer.
    you seriously need to examine some logs if you think a hunter's 2% per 2 sec healing is better than wolves, or that any arena hunter is using that talent over 15% damage reduction or a 2 min cd 30% heal anyway.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-31 at 05:23 AM. Reason: merged the 2 posts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by easywayout View Post
    you seriously need to examine some logs if you think a hunter's 2% per 2 sec healing is better than wolves, or that any arena hunter is using that talent over 15% damage reduction or a 2 min cd 30% heal anyway.
    More likely he means 5% max healer per Chimera Shot for MM, or 5% max health per Disengage via Liberation ;p