[TV] Anybody have some "out of the way" Sci-Fi Shows that you would Recommend.

Hello MMO-Champion! I am an avid watcher of Sci-Fi /Fantasy TV (It is probably the only thing I currently watch). I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what to watch. I currently watch a lot of the more popular shows (I think I'm on, around, my 4th re-watching of Dr. Who, and I have seen Firefly, Warehouse 13, and the like) and would love some suggestions as what else there is to watch(no BSG, Star-Trek, or stargate please, as I can't stand them). Thank you very much to those of you who have some suggestions.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't know if its really sci fi or fantasy though does have elements of both, but Chuck is quite the nerdy show and absolutely awesome.

Deleted
    The clone wars star wars spin-off is pretty good, if you can stand the cartoony appearance.

are you more interested in SF/fantasy in a completely separate universe, or are you looking for something that's basically Earth with a twist?

Continuum was pretty good sci-fi show that's been out for a while but i just started watching.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    continuum and lost girl

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm.

torchwood
    daybreak
    awake
    serenity - firefly movie
    quantum leap
    Ghost in a shell
    The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    The mini series The Lost Room is pretty good. You watch Eureka or Warehouse 13?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Farscape
    Ghost in the shell sac
    Darker than black
    Chuck kinda all really been mentioned in other threads
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

torchwood if you liked dr. who, it's a spin-off of sorts

Deleted
    Black Mirror - especially Season 1.
    Defying Gravity
    PlanetES
    and on a lighter note, Dragons: Riders of Berk

That said, I am not sure what use any of my suggestions would be. I consider Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones the two best non-comedy TV shows of the last decade bar none! I cannot understand how any "avid... sci-fi/fantasy" fan could think otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-01 at 12:30 PM.

I'll throw another vote towards Continuum. It's got me completely hooked and I can't wait for season 2 to start up on Syfy.

I'm going to second The Lost Room and Defying Gravity. Those are two of my favorites.

Babylon 5 is my favorite television show. Even though that one is quite popular and not really 'out of the way' I thought I would mention it since you didn't put it on your list.

Dollhouse is good if you haven't seen that.

If you like anime and political stuff you might try searching the internet for The Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I'm in the middle of watching it myself and it is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanctuary is really good and as someone mentioned above Lost Girl if you enjoy fantasy stuff.

SyFy is premiering an all new sci-fi series, it's called Defiance. I've heard people say (that watched the first 15 min of it) that it's a lot like Firefly. Maybe you would like it.

I've recently watched Disctrict 9, which was imo quite good, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes sci-fi.

Deleted
    Odyssey 5 - Only ran for a single season, but was worth the watch.
    Orphan Black - New Series, First episode looks promising.
    Primeval + Primeval New World - Because, Dinosaurs!
    Dark Skies - Again another single season show, But enjoyable.

Just off the top of my head.

Lexx is an interesting sci-fi with a huge universe and quite a bit of camp. Many of the episodes are forgettable, but there are a few absolute gems in the series.

I think Farscape has already been mentioned, but I'd definitely recommend it as a realistic sci-fi. Less fantasy/magic than you'll find in star gates or star treks.

You may also want to try Star Trek: Enterprise. It's a hidden gem in the series and a slight deviation from the standard everyone speaks English, or we have a magical deflector grid that can solve any problem.

Primer - absolute best time travel movie I've ever seen. You'll need to watch it a few times to fully get the plot, but it's very much worth it.

And then pretty much everything mentioned by icausewipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    SyFy is premiering an all new sci-fi series, it's called Defiance. I've heard people say (that watched the first 15 min of it) that it's a lot like Firefly. Maybe you would like it.

I've recently watched Disctrict 9, which was imo quite good, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes sci-fi.

Defiance looks pretty cool. It's going to be an interesting concept too since it's paired with a FPS MMO. Supposedly the show will influence the game and the game will influence the show.