BOE Thistle Tea recipe

First off, this is legitimately NOT a selling thread! I'm only looking for advice on way to get the best possible results on a sale here, and where I should be looking. I inherited it in a batch of recipes one of my older friends who came back and then quit again sent me when he left along with his gold and a couple of BOE items. He didn't have any idea of the value, but I knew how rare it was so I started thinking about where I should sell it. I play on Hydraxis, which is barely a medium pop server and though the BMAH mounts go for the gold cap there doesn't seem to be the interest for profession stuff that there would be on a high pop server like Illidan, KJ, etc.

I posted on the WoW Achievement forums that I had it and was looking to sell/trade, but I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts as to what the best way to get this to the people that might be interested in it would be. I don't want to transfer to a high pop server on the off chance someone there would be interested. As one of the rarest BOE items left in the game this is kind of an oddity, so I'm not sure how to handle it. Any thoughts? The Undermine Journal doesn't seem to have have forums or anything, which was my first destination.

Deleted
    How is this an achievement ? http://www.wowhead.com/item=18160#comments

I apologize, meant to post this in the profession forums, not achievements. If a mod could move it I'd appreciate it. =)

You could probably get bids from anyone on any server and then transfer to the realm and sell the recipe. Then you could either use the gold to buy expensive items on that realm to use or transfer back with you to sell or put the gold in a guild bank and transfer the whole thing.

Deleted
    Moving it to Professions

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    First off, this is legitimately NOT a selling thread! I'm only looking for advice on way to get the best possible results on a sale here, and where I should be looking. I inherited it in a batch of recipes one of my older friends who came back and then quit again sent me when he left along with his gold and a couple of BOE items. He didn't have any idea of the value, but I knew how rare it was so I started thinking about where I should sell it. I play on Hydraxis, which is barely a medium pop server and though the BMAH mounts go for the gold cap there doesn't seem to be the interest for profession stuff that there would be on a high pop server like Illidan, KJ, etc.

I posted on the WoW Achievement forums that I had it and was looking to sell/trade, but I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts as to what the best way to get this to the people that might be interested in it would be. I don't want to transfer to a high pop server on the off chance someone there would be interested. As one of the rarest BOE items left in the game this is kind of an oddity, so I'm not sure how to handle it. Any thoughts? The Undermine Journal doesn't seem to have have forums or anything, which was my first destination.
    Well you have 2 choices, you have to hope someone really wants it part of their collection and they transfer to your realm and buy it from you.

OR you find someone willing to buy it from you and you transfer to their realm. However, that person has to confirm before you transfer over.

But there really isn't a best way around it. Like you said, you could try posting it on the official forums.

The sad thing is many of the "old school" WoW players that would have found it valuable have probably moved on. I once happened to come across Enchant Weapon - Battlemaster - the one from TBC while levelling my Shaman. I managed to sell it for only 10K since I was badly in need of gold on returning and this person was the only one I found remotely interested on my realm without transferring.

You could try "the Consortium" Wind Trader Forums. There are a lot of rich trading folk that post on those forums. That would probably your best bet other than the WoW Forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would post on a general forum, saying that you have it. People who are serious about buying this often will transfer to you. That happened to me when I sold dirge's recipe from the bang the gong quest line. Guy transferred to my server, paid me the gold, and then I assume transferred back to his previous server.

I was lucky enough to have found this recipe on my server. I paid "a very significant amount of gold" for mine and considered it a steal. If you take the time to advertise on the WoW forums I'm certain you'll find a 6-figure buyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you post it a few times on the AH so TUJ (theunderminejournal.com) sees it. Max post it. People will see that and you will probably get some in-game mail from some interested buyers.

Worst case scenario is that it sells for 1 mil gold on the AH.

How come my rogues Thistle Tea Recipe Is still Soulbound ? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    How come my rogues Thistle Tea Recipe Is still Soulbound ? :<
    Back in Vanilla the recipe for Thistle Tea was a quest reward and could be traded. At some point (blanking on the patch number) Blizzard removed the quest, moved the pattern to a vendor and made the vendor pattern Rogue only. However any pre-exisiting patterns were not made soul bound and can still be traded. As such time has made this pattern one of the rarest tradeable items in-game.