Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Method/Paragon complaint thread

Hi, I'd like to make a complaint about Method, Paragon and I suppose other world top guilds whilst I'm at it.
    Their slowness in killing Lei Shen + Ra-Den is causing issues with my web browser in that the order of my most visited websites list has changed and WoWProgress has moved above RedTube.
    I find this to be highly offensive by said guilds.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to protest, saying that i got absolutely no loot (not even gold satchels) from their heroic kills...

They already killed Lei Shen. Paragon said they will release the video when the next 10 man guild kills it. Which I don't understand at all, it's not like they are going to steal their world first. Why not help a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They already killed Lei Shen. Paragon said they will release the video when the next 10 man guild kills it. Which I don't understand at all, it's not like they are going to steal their world first. Why not help a little?
    So they can get more time as the only 10m guild on Ra-Den?

buying time for a ra-den kill.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    It is so that the next guild doesn't have their performance discredited because "they just copied Paragon's video".

... Because it shows how much better each guild is the longer it takes for the others to kill it? And also, the tier aint over. Why give other guilds a chance on Ra-den, when the Method and Paragon can and have a HUGE lead on them?

I know they killed Lei Shen, Blood Legion/Exorsus/Exodus/Envy/Moonz etc. haven't though.

Also, they don't release videos, because they want the race to be fair for at least the first couple of positions.
    If they release the video, it ruins the content for other guilds racing against them that are experiencing the content 100% guideless and competing on it.
    Similar to using LFR gear in DS, if one guild does it, they gain an unfair advantage, if Paragon release the video, guilds that are behind Moonz for example, might surpass them because they copied Paragon's strats and Moonz didn't want to use Paragon's strat because they wanted to do it themselves.

Paragon made a post about it a while back saying that they respect the other guilds enough to not post videos, and when videos do get posted on the day of a world first, it's mostly by a lesser known guild trying to get fame for it, Paragon doesn't need the fame, everyone knows them.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Bigger challenge though.

Deleted
    That's never been the reason why other guilds don't release the videos, it's just so the second guild after them doesn't get qq'd about for copying someones tactic and then ruining the entire experience for them. Even if they released it, I highly doubt other guilds would suddenly kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw i never followed progression of the World best Guilds since CBA about it, but has it always been this slow to get all bosses down?
    i always thought they had all bosses in HC down in like a week, we're like 3 weeks live already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Btw i never followed progression of the World best Guilds since CBA about it, but has it always been this slow to get all bosses down?
    i always thought they had all bosses in HC down in like a week, we're like 3 weeks live already.
    Well in TBC it took months to do. I think Kael'thas took 5 months or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    T14 was 4 days or so every release, ie. 4 days for H MV, 4 for H HoF, 4 for H ToES, gated as shit.

T13 was like a day for the first 6 then 2-3 weeks for Spine/Madness because of their ridiculous overtuning.

T12 was a day for the first 6 then a couple of weeks for Rag.

T11 was about a month I think, with a new boss kill every 3-4 days or so, it was a smaller tier than the current one, but all of the bosses were challenging to the extent that they all took a lot of work to get down.

T10 was like, a couple of days for 11/12, then a few weeks to a month for LK (Longer if you weren't Paragon)

T9/T8 no idea really and cbf looking them up besides Yogg 0 taking over a month.

Yikes.

Deleted
    Wasn't that because he was designed to be unkillable as he was the only thing guilds needed to kill in order to get into BT/hyjal (which were not ready yet).

EDIT:
    T13 was like a day for the first 6 then 2-3 weeks for Spine/Madness because of their ridiculous overtuning.
    Just spine actually.

One and a half weeks before his very first demise as far as I remember.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-03-31 at 01:18 PM.

Kael'thas was a dumb fight that was bugged to all hell, overtuned like no other, and took up to 20+ minutes of repetitive easy shit to even get to the part of the fight that mattered.

Anyone that tells you boss design was good during Vanilla/BC is lying out of their arse.
    I'm not saying the game is better now, I enjoyed Vanilla/BC, but bosses back then were certainly not well designed.

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that TBC bosses took ages ;p

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    T14 was 4 days or so every release, ie. 4 days for H MV, 4 for H HoF, 4 for H ToES, gated as shit.

T11 was about a month I think, with a new boss kill every 3-4 days or so, it was a smaller tier than the current one, but all of the bosses were challenging to the extent that they all took a lot of work to get down.

T10 was like, a couple of days for 11/12, then a few weeks to a month for LK (Longer if you weren't Paragon)

T9/T8 no idea really and cbf looking them up besides Yogg 0 taking over a month.
    Thanks for the information!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Bigger challenge though.
    Im sure Usain bolt would slow down to your pace for the "bigger challenge".

No.

becous in TBC by like 75% of Raid time you were corpus run, menage paladins buffs and other staf like that and 25% of time or less you were progressing boss ,
    now yuo spend 10% time on that staf and 90% on boss progress

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    That's never been the reason why other guilds don't release the video
    Uh huh. Sucker born every mintue.

Im pretty cheesed to. Ive been following this race since day 1. Why didnt I get the H: Lei Shen achieve when Paragon downed him?