Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blue Fire! We should get it, right?

Seriously though, since green fire for Warlocks was announced, I figured, why not blue fire for Mages?

Something to keep in mind, Warlocks already partially had green fire in the form of Fel Flame (and Chaos Bolt, though CB is purely Shadow damage), and now they fully have it.

What if I told you that we Mages have had blue fire, which should be a better argument for us to get it...?

BEHOLD!

These little blue flames are shown while casting Scorch and moving around. They aren't shown too noticeable (as blue) unless you're really looking for it and zoomed in.

So... Yeah... Blue Fire kthxbai?

Edited because people don't seem to realize: This is more or less a half-joke thread. It'll be less of a joke if it actually gets Blizzard's attention somehow, lol. I do want blue fire, but I know there's like no chance in hell unless we all bitch for it for 4 expansions since apparently that's how you get things from them
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-02 at 07:28 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Only if my paladin gets pink fire

Not enough flashy spells to warrant it, really. Green fire worked great for destro because they were basically what fire mages should have been and as such were just covered in flame abilities/even light themselves on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    spec frost, enjoy blue spells

Mage is one of the most played class in the game. I don't think you'll get anything (sadly). Locks got fency things because they are underplayed (super bad in pvp and far from top in pve). And being a lock, I can swear the green fire thing is: 1) ugly 2) super hard to get

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Mage is one of the most played class in the game. I don't think you'll get anything (sadly). Locks got fency things because they are underplayed (super bad in pvp and far from top in pve). And being a lock, I can swear the green fire thing is: 1) ugly 2) super hard to get

This got me laughing so hard, locks being underpowed ? We obviously don't play the same game at all.

Altough I really like the blue fire idea, mage lacks style and the spells animations are getting boring 8 years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last cosmetic spell change I remember for mages was when they inverted the cone from Evocation. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Oh god, where do I begin?

- Mage is definitely not one of the most played classes. We're middle of the pack for most played. Hunters and Paladins definitely are most played. (http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html This shows Mages are #6 in US. We go down to #7 at 90 only)
    - Why won't we get "anything"? We've been spoonfed bullshit this entire expansion and tbh, I'm almost expecting a revamp. I don't even know what my class is supposed to be anymore.
    - Locks weren't bad at all in PvE and were decent in PvP (at least they aren't like Shamans...). In addition, Warlocks (as a whole, in terms of utility, self healing, DPS, etc) are the strongest class atm.
    - Ugly is subjective. It's pretty.
    -- My 491 Warlock that sucks pretty hard just got it this morning. It took me awhile, but I just got it. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umbra/advanced if you want to see my Armory)

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    Not enough flashy spells to warrant it, really.
    Besides Frost, name me blue spells that are projectile based. In addition to that, name me a spell that looks like fire and is blue.

@LoL players: Tell me you didn't admire Cryocore Brand's blue fire spells. They're fucking beautiful and noticeable when he goes blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The last cosmetic spell change I remember for mages was when they inverted the cone from Evocation. :/
    We actually got a cosmetic change to Fireball and Pyroblast, if you can actually believe that.

They still look like garbage.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-31 at 01:52 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mage spells are the ugliest and worst though out in the game. I honestly feel mages need a complete and utter overhaul at this point. Top to bottom. Mages, In general have changed very little since BC, and not changed one bit since WOTLK. Hunters at the start of BC, may as well be a completely different class than they are today. Paladins, Warlocks, Priests, Shaman are all very much different. Only mages and warriors have barely changed. I quit at the start of Cata, so basically in WOTLK. I started playing again a few weeks ago, and I was completely surprised almost nothing has changed about the actual class. Sure we got a couple new bombs and abilities, but overall the playstyle is identical as playing a Fire Mage was in ICC. After playing my Mage since BWL, I am very tempted to pack it up, and start something new and give it one last shot before I quit for good.

Pink fire for sure.
    Bigger than Life.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say Blue Fire is more Arcane than Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Mage spells are the ugliest and worst though out in the game. I honestly feel mages need a complete and utter overhaul at this point. Top to bottom. Mages, In general have changed very little since BC, and not changed one bit since WOTLK. Hunters at the start of BC, may as well be a completely different class than they are today. Paladins, Warlocks, Priests, Shaman are all very much different. Only mages and warriors have barely changed. I quit at the start of Cata, so basically in WOTLK. I started playing again a few weeks ago, and I was completely surprised almost nothing has changed about the actual class. Sure we got a couple new bombs and abilities, but overall the playstyle is identical as playing a Fire Mage was in ICC. After playing my Mage since BWL, I am very tempted to pack it up, and start something new and give it one last shot before I quit for good.
    Except they made it worse with L90 talents, but... yeah... >_>

Mages do need a complete overhaul, both cosmetically and how it plays as well.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I would say Blue Fire is more Arcane than Fire
    It could be Arcane-infused fire, but Arcane doesn't use fire :P

If we got cosmetic changes I'd prefer something more Titanic rather than just changing the hue of some existing textures, that'd be a bit pointless considering it doesn't have the iconic lore attachment that Fel Fire does

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If we got cosmetic changes I'd prefer something more Titanic rather than just changing the hue of some existing textures, that'd be a bit pointless considering it doesn't have the iconic lore attachment that Fel Fire does
    But what, is the question.

Deleted
    Sure, but i'll get whatever I can get to break up the routine and boring spells

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    But what, is the question.
    Something more Titanic
    :B

I'd be pretty content hurling a little version of these with some star trails instead of a Fireball (or Frostbolt, it doesn't have to replace Fire spells).
    Surround the caster with these things from the nexus while you are at it:

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what people are saying that mage spells look pretty out dated and in my opinion ugly. So an overhaul is needed but to make a quest chain that would as hard as the warlock one would freak a lot of mages who are not that good. So I would say an overhaul and a cool quest chain like the warlocks. Blizz caved in to the locks and they will pay by doing for every class because you know that other classes wants a cool solo quest chain.

As frostmage I say no to blue fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    up to four rings of power to show arcane stacks

liek the proc for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    This got me laughing so hard, locks being underpowed ? We obviously don't play the same game at all.

Altough I really like the blue fire idea, mage lacks style and the spells animations are getting boring 8 years later.
    Underplayed not underpowered. That said I can only imagine blue fire confusing a number of people somehow.