Unhappy Lack of intelligence

Now let me explain this whole story... ;
    When i logged on my alt, someone in the trade chat said; MoP destroyed WoW. well i agreed a bit, and said that the Cata quest's actually were enjoyable, Because i read the quest's and get into the story.
    Well, i said that on the Trade chat and guess what i got in answer -_-
    ''Storyline? Since when did wow get a story line, this is a childs game''

Then i got to thinking, if there arent any storyline, then for example, why were twilight's hammer everywhere back in cata? Didn't we have quest's for them? and like when we ``attacked´´ Twilight highland's, did we just do random quest's and randomly get to crush the twilight's hammer at the end of all the quest's?

And in outland for example, most of the quest's there are to drive out the demon influence (it came from wc3 frozen throne i think).

Soo now if you think, have we driven out the demon influence in outland by doing random quest's? have we destroyed the twilight's hammer by doing random quests?

And example for mop; What are we doing there? killing doing random quest's and killing the sha? Do we do random quest's and kill abesloutely everything in WoW whitout a story behind it?

Well, i dont know about you, but if this does not prove that theres a storyline in wow, then i can just say this:
    Kiss my arse >

The whole thing about a storyline is not directly related to gameplay, well in MoP it is more related but previously you could just play wow without any knowledge of any story.
    So I can relate to wow not having a story line.... it seems that is changing now; we'll see what the future xpacs will bring.

World of Warcraft does have a rich and well crafted story.

So don't pull this no story bullshit.

This just in: there are trolls in the tradechat.

Deleted
    Does WoW have a story ? Yes

Does everyone like WoW's story ? No

Does everyone have to like it ? No

The fact that some people don't like it makes the story vanish ? No

So the answer is there ... just ignore trolls ... mr. troll. ( im not insulting ! ).

from just doing the quests(not really reading them) we found pandaria because the cataclysm broke the mist. and we went there to secure that land. then we wake up the sha by our emotions. so we help the pandaria with the sha and the thunderking. in 5.3 where back to azeroth. because there is no lore left on pandaria.

Of course WoW has a story. It's just that a lot of people don't care about it (me included). And if you don't care and don't read quest text, it looks like there is no story, but it's the same as looking at the pictures in a textbook without pictures and claiming there is no story.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has a story to it, a very rich one indeed.
    However, most of the story is told through quest text and I would venture to bet that a small portion of the player base actually reads the quest text beyond "Kill X number of Y mobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone called Troll64, you seem to be ill-informed.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a massive storyline behind the Warcraft universe, made up of tons of books and plenty of games. WoW itself only has bits and pieces of a story. You spend almost as much(more?) time collecting bear rectums for Billy-Bob Questgiver because Blizzard needed a vehicle to grant people experience and gear as you do traveling into the past fighting alongside Arthas to stop the spread of a plague that would eventually become the Scourge as we know them.

They did a pretty good job of introducing a complete, coherent story in WotLK and have since had independent quest chains that at least have their own interesting stories (even if they never paint a complete picture of why you're killing <Raid Boss> and who he was before). However, WoW has historically used lore as a theme more than creating lore in game that players build up to.

That seems like it may be changing with this whole expansion building up to a Horde rebellion. It may just be because they finally ran out of lore and started making their own specifically for game content. We'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    World of Warcraft does have a rich and well crafted story.

So don't pull this no story bullshit.
    "Well-crafted" being highly subjective...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Well-crafted" being highly subjective...
    Highly subjective or not, no other MMO can come up with World of Warcrafts story.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Cataclysm enjoyable compared to MoP? .... Wait wut?

That said, of course there's a storyline, the guy you were talking to is an idiot - nothing else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Highly subjective or not, no other MMO can come up with World of Warcrafts story.
    I'd argue that SWTOR could, but eh, they just didn't treat it very well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    There is a massive storyline behind the Warcraft universe, made up of tons of books and plenty of games. WoW itself only has bits and pieces of a story. You spend almost as much(more?) time collecting bear rectums for Billy-Bob Questgiver because Blizzard needed a vehicle to grant people experience and gear as you do traveling into the past fighting alongside Arthas to stop the spread of a plague that would eventually become the Scourge as we know them.

They did a pretty good job of introducing a complete, coherent story in WotLK and have since had independent quest chains that at least have their own interesting stories (even if they never paint a complete picture of why you're killing <Raid Boss> and who he was before). However, WoW has historically used lore as a theme more than creating lore in game that players build up to.

That seems like it may be changing with this whole expansion building up to a Horde rebellion. It may just be because they finally ran out of lore and started making their own specifically for game content. We'll have to see.
    Or - you know - going full circle and back to the roots of the story of the franchise?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so little point to a thread like this. Besides the title and the name of the user (who has never returned after posting it) a rant that "no story exists" with "kiss my arse" leaves little discussion to be had.