Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard I dont get you...

You want to help people get geared for raids so you come out with LFR, You want to increase peoples chances of receiving loot... So you make the bonus roll system.

Now last tier of raiding Ilvl gear was...

LFR 476-483
    MSV 489-496
    Heroic 502-509

You used Golden Elder Coins for the bonus roll system.....

Current Tier in 5.2

LFR 502
    Normal 522-528
    Heroic 535-541

You need to use Mogu Ruins for the bonus roll system....

I feel that even tho 5.2 LFR is the "new raid" its still only dropping 502 Ilvl gear which was the Ilvl of past raids... Past raids that used Gold Elder coins. So really we should be using gold elder coins for the new LFR, and ONLY be using Mogu Runes for Oondasta Nalakk and Normal / Heroic ToT.

Now you can argue they don't want people gearing up to fast in the new LFR since you'd have a lot of chances with the elder coins... But blizzard you already gave us 10% nerf to heroic T14 content, so we can get them easy 502-509 gear... Why not let us have the new LFR gear as well its the same freaking ILVL....

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:33 PM ----------

noone else feel the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure there is really anything wrong with the current system as it stands. Most guilds haven't even completed Tier 14 let alone started on Tier 15. This is pretty much the way things are moving going forward with Blizz. The "gimme" days of Cataclysm are long since passed and not likely to ever make a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not sure there is really anything wrong with the current system as it stands. Most guilds haven't even completed Tier 14 let alone started on Tier 15. This is pretty much the way things are moving going forward with Blizz. The "gimme" days of Cataclysm are long since passed and not likely to ever make a return.
    Thankfully.

You know that once you've given someone something and then take it away, however -- there are bound to be myriad complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Thankfully.

You know that once you've given someone something and then take it away, however -- there are bound to be myriad complaints.
    Yep. "Have Group, Will Travel", instantly flying everywhere without being at level cap, pre-discovered flight paths, and dungeon grinding with rep tabards. Just a few of the whoopsies Blizz has made and hopes to forget HGWT is the only one I really miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Imo, be glad you can do a cheesed version of what the epitome of the game is supposed to be - raiding. If you want to "see content" you don't need super powerful gear. Honestly, having LFR drop what the last tiers HEROIC gear was is REALLY REALLY good. It should not be better than what the heroic gear was, because there is little to no effort put into LFR. "Back in my day" of Wrath/Early Cata before LFR, normal gear of the next tier was the same iLvl of heroic gear of the tier before it, except for the head piece.

Feel lucky that the LFR gear is equivalent to the heroic gear of the previous tier.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Thankfully.

Exactly, hopefully they don't go back because of the tears of the lazy community.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    T14 while nerfed, still cause issue with a lot of guilds, a lot of guilds didn't even get pass Elegon or Garalon normal back then, the 10% nerf won't magically take them through HC (Vizer HC even with 10% nerf would be fun to watch).

The coin is for people to get pass T14 quicker, as they won't release dungeon to bring everyone up to par instantly (thanks God), so making gearing easier on previous tier that counts as their "catch up", not to gear you up fast for current tier LFR.

If you can clear T14 HC easily, you should be doing that to gear up instead of T15 LFR.

Why not have all the lfr gear available from a vendor for gold?

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Because a) ppl complain about gold in their pve b) everyone has 502 ilvls and all of tier 14 is useless and never ran again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR was to allow people the ability to see content without the requirements of normal raiding (consistent group, consistent times, etc...) The drops are there to encourage people to do the content. The reason the drop-rates are so low is because they're trying to recreate the "my item might not drop, and if it does someone else might win it" situation normal raid teams have. The reason the drops are lower level is because the content doesn't require more than that. The bonus roll items are there to encourage players to do things besides raid.

I really wish they would come up with a raid "catch up" system that didn't involve so much grinding. First it was dailies, then it was heroic 5 mans, now it's LFR, but always it's about repeating easy content instead of successfully doing challenging content. With gold being so abundant I'd love to see them put vendors in for previous tier content that sell the bosses drop table once the boss is downed by a group.

People would have to go in and do the bosses to get the rewards for the "next step" instead of repeating easy stuff until they're geared enough. Not sure if there's a system in place to keep people from bringing in others just to hit the vendors after the group downs them, but obviously that would be necessary. Perhaps some sort of phasing on the vendor so only the people who were in group when the boss was killed could interact with him/her.

The "gimme" days of Cataclysm are long since passed and not likely to ever make a return.
    Neither are the sub numbers from WotLK as they continue to cater to the whiny kids who want the game to be a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Neither are the sub numbers from WotLK.
    They were higher during the za/zg patch than ever before.

Do you even know what the sub numbers were in wotlk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    You want to help people get geared for raids so you come out with LFR, You want to increase peoples chances of receiving loot... So you make the bonus roll system.

Now last tier of raiding Ilvl gear was...

LFR 476-483
    MSV 489-496
    Heroic 502-509

You used Golden Elder Coins for the bonus roll system.....

Current Tier in 5.2

LFR 502
    Normal 522-528
    Heroic 535-541

You need to use Mogu Ruins for the bonus roll system....

I feel that even tho 5.2 LFR is the "new raid" its still only dropping 502 Ilvl gear which was the Ilvl of past raids... Past raids that used Gold Elder coins. So really we should be using gold elder coins for the new LFR, and ONLY be using Mogu Runes for Oondasta Nalakk and Normal / Heroic ToT.

Now you can argue they don't want people gearing up to fast in the new LFR since you'd have a lot of chances with the elder coins... But blizzard you already gave us 10% nerf to heroic T14 content, so we can get them easy 502-509 gear... Why not let us have the new LFR gear as well its the same freaking ILVL....

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 09:33 PM ----------

noone else feel the same?
    Nope. The T15 content is current so it needs to last until the next tier so you shouldn't have a near unlimited chance at bonus rolls. As it stands you can go burn all your coins in Tier 14 LFR, do the treasure instance, then run LFR again and use bonus rolls a second time. So that's 3 rolls per boss every week, possibly more if you get lucky with keys.

The Tier15 LFR also needs to be lower iLevel than what heroic loot from Tier14 is otherwise raiders would be forced to run Tier 15 LFR for progression. If you have a bunch of 502 items and still can't progress then more loot isn't going to solve your problems.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    That would fuel the gold buying market, something Blizzard has been consistently slowing down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That would fuel the gold buying market, something Blizzard has been consistently slowing down.
    Agreed. The minute you can "pay" to get BiS gear, Gold prices will go through the roof and sellers will be installing new swimming pools at their houses.

Agreed. The minute you can "pay" to get BiS gear, Gold prices will go through the roof and sellers will be installing new swimming pools at their houses.
    Who would pay for items when you can just AFK for them currently? :P

Deleted
    meh, even if LFR loot had an ilvl of 509 or higher I wouldnt care for it. lfr is a boring knock off compared to actual raiding. I dont wanna play with 24 strangers without any strategy and little communication and a lootsystem that has little to no logic other than dumb luck.
    as for the coins, you get so many coins now it is actually ridiculous. I dont think having the old coins instead of the new runes for the new lfr would change a whole lot. if lfr is as good as it gets for you and you have no intention of doing normal modes than using mogu runes should suffice for lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Who would pay for items when you can just AFK for them currently? :P
    Not sure that anyone could really AFK in 25M heroics. LFR will always be cluttered with AFKs, but I was referring more to Tier 15 25M:H gear.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of LFR. LFR is not a part of raid progression. LFR is not for serious raid groups. LFR is for people who otherwise cannot raid and still want to see all of the game. If you successfully raided through normal/heroic last tier, you should have zero reason to go into LFR. The new LFR is for those that only raided LFR last tier.

Even with the nerf, LFR players are not suddenly going to start clearing t14 heroics. People that where clearing t14 heroics will be clearing t15 normal and heroic. LFR players will be using Elder charms on t14 LFR and mogu coins on t15 LFR. Normal/heroic players will be using elder charms on t14 normal/heroic and mogu coins on t15 normal/heroic.

Yeah... Good thing blizz hasn't put in a Black market style thing in-game where you can do that.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post
    I think you misunderstand the purpose of LFR. LFR is not a part of raid progression. LFR is not for serious raid groups. LFR is for people who otherwise cannot raid and still want to see all of the game. If you successfully raided through normal/heroic last tier, you should have zero reason to go into LFR. The new LFR is for those that only raided LFR last tier.

Even with the nerf, LFR players are not suddenly going to start clearing t14 heroics. People that where clearing t14 heroics will be clearing t15 normal and heroic. LFR players will be using Elder charms on t14 LFR and mogu coins on t15 LFR. Normal/heroic players will be using elder charms on t14 normal/heroic and mogu coins on t15 normal/heroic.
    What it's intended for and what it actually gets used for are two different things. People who do normals can probably get a few upgrades from lfr.