Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    The title was changed. Last I saw, it was exactly as I stated in my post: "mages are going to get nerfed again".
    Oh, I know, I've been following the thread from the start. The point is you should not base arguments on something that can be changed with a click of a mouse. Trolling is no bueno, no matter where you do it.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I really don't see much of an issue with NT, but can see where they are coming from.

I did 25M primordius earlier as frost and 52.3% of my damage was NT. *snip*
    I've actually ran into a few mages in LFR who are arcane and 50%+ of their dmg is NT..

imo, its a lousy playstyle.

I agree with the 3 cap. but then people will start to complain about living bomb after that happens..

Deleted
    I agree with most of you, the new playstyle sucks hard, but we need it badly for not ending up dead last on the meters. I just hate what they did to mages in this expansion and how overpowered hybrid classes are now. And after all, don't forget our horrible lvl90-talents with the design intention to punish mages.

There isn't much left that keeps me playing a game that feels frustrating. Maybe the time has come to finally quit World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just to jump on this, but as for PvP, NT mages are doing as good, if not better, than affliction warlocks when it comes to multi-dotting and AoE pressure. I for one would be happy if the damage is toned down, it's simply doing to much imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I've actually ran into a few mages in LFR who are arcane and 50%+ of their dmg is NT..

imo, its a lousy playstyle.

I agree with the 3 cap. but then people will start to complain about living bomb after that happens..
    It's a lousy playstyle and it'll help getting NT nerfed just that much faster, after which they will have to find some other playstyle again.

I rolled back to Fire after reaching 35% crit selfbuffed, the damage is decent and will get better with better gear, and it's an intended playstyle, so not dependent on a fluke like NT.

I'm kinda at a loss though what I'll do when the inevitable CM nerf comes again... Hopefully by then another class slot will have opened in my raid and I can reroll, just tired of the Mage and how Blizz is handling it, you can't consistently, reliably play any spec (so much for their crappy "play the spec you want") because you have no idea how in hell Blizz will mess with it a month later or whatever. My crit is still below what you might expect for my gear level because I still suffer from my Mastery-heavy gear I had when I was Arcane.

I wouldn't actually mind a cap on NT, when there are tons of mobs I feel obligated to put it on all of them, to the exclusion of everything else. With a cap or 3 or 6 or so I could dot those, then go back to regular casting.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-04-03 at 11:40 AM.