Customize BigWigs messages/alerts

Is there a way to add how bigwigs reacts to an event? For example, on Horridon > Double Swipe, there's no option for screen flash. I don't care about the ability itself because I can see it, but I'm using it as an example.

How can I add screen flash (or other types of alerts available in BigWigs) to specific events, without :

1 - Breaking BigWigs
    2 - Having it overwritten in an update

Thanks!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's no way to accomplish #2 (at least not within BigWigs itself) without making the file(s) you edit read-only. Any update of BigWigs will replace the old files with the newer ones. And if they're read-only, the update will fail. If you make changes to an addon like BigWigs, you'll have to manually edit the files again after every update.

As for #1: As far as I am aware there is no "Flash" anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    Hey folks. While I normally don't make release threads here, this particular update is major, and addresses several concerns reported in threads here including sound customization, bar customization, statistics, etc.

It's important to note that the main goal of v4 was the simplification for developers, with that I've noted some of the highlights. Unfortunately pretty much everything has been broken and guilds with their own private Big Wigs developers will need to update their old modules.

New features:
    • Pulse: Off by default. Any ability that has the "Flash" option will now have the "Pulse" option, a new feature for attracting attention.
    You could try poking funky for more input. Since he is one of the guys behind BigWigs, he might be able to help you.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Drecca View Post
    Is there a way to add how bigwigs reacts to an event? For example, on Horridon > Double Swipe, there's no option for screen flash. I don't care about the ability itself because I can see it, but I'm using it as an example.

How can I add screen flash (or other types of alerts available in BigWigs) to specific events, without :

1 - Breaking BigWigs
    2 - Having it overwritten in an update

Thanks!
    Answer to #1, you can always add a flash to the Lua file without breaking anything.

Short answer to #2, no. The flash option is something that module options need to actually register and trigger. We generally add flash to anything that actually needs it. If there's something you feel really justifies a flash, you should request it on the ticket tracker.

Long answer to #2, yes. You could actually make an external plugin, say, BigWigs_FlashForMyAbility. Here's a quick example: http://pastebin.com/ycvuhc7n

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    As for #1: As far as I am aware there is no "Flash" anymore.
    To clarify, Flash was NOT removed. Basically whatever abilities have a "flash" option now have a "pulse" option. Flash isn't going anywhere :P
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...