How is Deception?

So after reading the developer blog about what BW's plans for Inquisitors are with 2.0, I was kinda of surprised to see this statement:

Our goals with Deception for 2.0 are to improve upon their single target damage and sustained damage without adversely affecting their burst damage.
    I know there have been a ton of changes with 2.0 (wish they'd balance in patches more frequently) and I was actually curious how they are faring PvE-wise. I did enjoy PvP in SWTOR, but I find PvE information sometimes hard to come by - the SWTOR forums are still nightmarish and focus mainly on a specs viability in PvP. Not to say there hasn't been PvE information, but I do find it sparse relative to other MMOs. Last time which was around 1.4, Deception was very bursty but sorely lacked any sustain and I was constantly out-classed (pun not intended) by Marauders, Mercs, and Snipers. After reading the blog, it seems they have tried to improve things with an on-demand duplicity with Spike and Low Slash - but I doubt either of those will make any real rotation in PvE and that seems more of a PvP focused thing - and Sith Executioner is a good step forward to upping the damage while aiding Force regeneration. Word on the street is Alacrity is still a poor stat for Assassins. Anyway, just wondering where they're at and I've quoted the pertinent Assassin portion of the blog below:

Assassin

Deception

Our goals with Deception for 2.0 are to improve upon their single target damage and sustained damage without adversely affecting their burst damage.

Surging Charge and Discharge: Prior to 2.0, Surging Charge, Static Charge, Discharge, and Recirculation had some conflicting goals. On the one hand, Recirculation let you use Discharge faster, but you usually couldn’t build up 5 Static Charges in that amount of time. In 2.0, these skills have been redesigned to work more gracefully and intuitively. Now Surging Charge has a longer rate limit and deals significantly more damage. When it deals damage, it builds a Static Charge (stacks up to 3 times). Static Charges enable the use of and increase the damage dealt by Discharge. As previously mentioned, Discharge now has no cooldown; its use is limited only by how quickly you can generate Static Charges. At 3 Static Charges, Discharge should hit for as hard or harder than ever before.
    Induction: This skill now requires Surging Charge to be active and triggers from activating Thrash, Maul, Lacerate, Assassinate, and Voltaic Slash.
    Chain Shock: This skill is now found in the first tier of the Deception skill tree.
    Nerve Wracking: This skill has been moved from the Darkness tree into the Deception tree.
    Impose Weakness: This new skill forces your Spike and Low Slash to proc Duplicity on a separate rate limit. Now after you Spike a target, you are guaranteed to be able to follow up with a powerful Maul.
    Electric Ambush: With this new skill, while Surging Charge is active, Recklessness immediately builds 3 Static Charges to provide on demand burst. Additionally, exiting combat greatly reduces the active cooldown of Recklessness (60 seconds with max points) to make Recklessness available for almost every fight you engage in.
    Sith Executioner: This new skill reduces the cost of Assassinate and increases all damage dealt to targets below 30% of max health.
    Voltaic Slash: This ability has been slightly redesigned. Voltaic Slash still builds Voltage with each use, but Voltage no longer increases the damage dealt by Shock. Instead, Voltage now gives Shock a 50% chance per stack to automatically trigger your Surging Charge on a separate rate limit. Stacks up to 2 times. With this change, the damage boost to Shock has been effectively replaced by damage caused from triggering your Surging Charge, except that Surging Charge additionally builds 1 Static Charge every time it triggers. Therefore, Voltaic Slash and Shock will together help you quickly build 3 Static Charges to rapidly issue powerful Discharges.

I will give Assassin Deception a try sooner or later. I've been tanking on her lately so I don't know yet.

Tomorrow (sunday) I'll take the whole day with my Assassin on Deception and share my thoughts on it. The down-sides and up-sides to it.

All I can realy say is that before 2.0 tanks didn't like me as a DPS. I kept doing too much damage which caused me to gain a lot of threat.. IF I didn't use my 'vanish' once in a while. I always thought Deception was very single target-burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I will give Assassin Deception a try sooner or later. I've been tanking on her lately so I don't know yet.

Tomorrow (sunday) I'll take the whole day with my Assassin on Deception and share my thoughts on it. The down-sides and up-sides to it.

All I can realy say is that before 2.0 tanks didn't like me as a DPS. I kept doing too much damage which caused me to gain a lot of threat.. IF I didn't use my 'vanish' once in a while. I always thought Deception was very single target-burst.
    It was definitely excellent burst and while looking at my MOX parses I could parse very high during my burst phases, but it toned down far too much after that. Some boss fights did require burst (Kephess, for example), but sustained DPS in Ops I felt was shaky and to my knowledge I wasn't playing it horribly wrong - it was hard to really screw it up. Sometimes MOX would parse me lower than a tank which I chalk up to MOX being silly. I did have the problem of pulling threat, but that is a by-product of bursting right off the bat. Crit Discharge, both VS's and your shock and it was possible you'd pull.

I just really want to know if they've done what they claim to have said they've done. Thanks .