Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Oh, WTF? When/where did he announce currency changes?
    It was linked before, Josh said its going to be harder to get baubles. Though I guess it doesn't change the fact of farming them now though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It was linked before, Josh said its going to be harder to get baubles. Though I guess it doesn't change the fact of farming them now though.
    It already requires tons of farming...why would they need to change it? it takes a full stack to get one big bauble and that takes multiple areas to do. Each skin is 50 big ones...it's a considerable time investment already.

Am I missing something? Do later areas provide baubles out the wazoo or something? I've done through 3 and don't fill up very quickly/efficiently.
    BAD WOLF

*sigh of relief* I've been hoarding them so when you said that I was like, the Hell am I going to buy with 500 bauble bubbles?!

Yeah, that post is why I went ahead and got all the upgrades on all my alts as well. Apparently they really want to discourage farming SAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Am I missing something? Do later areas provide baubles out the wazoo or something? I've done through 3 and don't fill up very quickly/efficiently.
    I get ~32 bauble bubbles a day just running Z1 & Z2 chests on 8 characters. Aside from that, check out this video. It shows a bunch of sweet dig spots in zone 2. You can get over 250 if you hit them all and you can do them in infantile mode to speed it up too.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...bles-per-hour/
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-04-11 at 03:34 PM.

It already requires tons of farming...why would they need to change it? it takes a full stack to get one big bauble and that takes multiple areas to do. Each skin is 50 big ones...it's a considerable time investment already.

People are doing speed runs. Z1&Z2 give you 4 bubble baubles each. I can do it in 8 minutes and 30 seconds per character including the RP story time part at the beginning. I do it on 4 characters so that's 16 bubble baubles a day. So for April if you did this every day from the start you'd end up with 496 bubble baubles. Now I just started doing this yesterday but I've got 32 bubble baubles on my main but I run all 4 zones with him and got all the achievements etc. On my main I get 8 bubble baubles a day in a run but it takes like 30-45 minutes (Z1:2, Z2:2, Z3:2, Z4:1, 250 turn in:1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    People are doing speed runs.
    Like I said...it takes a tremendous dedication to getting so many so quickly. Additionally, in your speed run you get 16 a day for an hours time? Even so that's still 3 days of doing it this intently to get 1 weapon skin. Considering that it's a temporary feature that will only last through the month...I don't see how it's so problematic.

Meh. I guess everything has to be 'super hard' these days...idk.
    BAD WOLF

Like I said...it takes a tremendous dedication to getting so many so quickly. Additionally, in your speed run you get 16 a day for an hours time? Even so that's still 3 days of doing it this intently to get 1 weapon skin. Considering that it's a temporary feature that will only last through the month...I don't see how it's so problematic.

Meh. I guess everything has to be 'super hard' these days...idk.
    Actually you get 16 a day for 30 minutes of time. I can do a run in 7-8 minutes per character including the 1 minute long intro. You get 4 per character. 4*4=16. 7*4 or 8*4=28/32. 30 minutes isn't really that bad if you think about it. That's basically 3 days per skin or about an hour and a half per skin.

Additionally, while it is only here for the month it will come back (we have a lot more doors!) and new skins will be available next time while the current skins will be retired so stock up now, especially if they said they will be harder to get in the future.

My main complaint is the weapon skins are used up when you use them. I can see the non-account bound ones being a one time use but the bind on account ones should be permanent. I basically have to store them until I'm sure I'll never upgrade again which sucks.

I basically have to store them until I'm sure I'll never upgrade again which sucks.
    Not true, you can always use a transmute stone to transfer the skin over

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Not true, you can always use a transmute stone to transfer the skin over
    Oh really? Hmm, interesting. Since they say they are consumed on use I figured that meant they were a one time thing. Though you still wouldn't be able to pass it around your characters would you? Like put it on a level 1 item then just pass it around to use stones against it. I've never used the transmog stones so I'm really not sure how they work.

Oh really? Hmm, interesting. Since they say they are consumed on use I figured that meant they were a one time thing. Though you still wouldn't be able to pass it around your characters would you? Like put it on a level 1 item then just pass it around to use stones against it. I've never used the transmog stones so I'm really not sure how they work.
    The way it works would be the first time, you would put it on your current weapon. You upgrade (same type of weapon), you use the stone, choose which stats, modifier (sigil/gem), and appearance you use - this results in a single output weapon, with those parts you selected. So no, you would not be able to pass it around to alts once you've used it, unless you decided you no longer wanted it and could replace your weapon (ie, you'd replace your weapon, then transmute it to a non-bound weapon--assuming transmuting doesn't inherit boundedness, which I've never checked)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used the transmog stones so I'm really not sure how they work.
    To simply the previous explanation, the stones take two items and let you pick the look from one, stats from the other, then it combines them into one item permanently. (you always lose an item in the process)

It's not a very good system tbh.
    BAD WOLF

It's not a very good system tbh.
    No, it's not, especially since it means you can never salvage the old weapon. (I assume with these one time only skins if you accidentally screw up the transmute or salvage it you're SOL.)

Ever since I read about how the PvP locker functions I have been insanely jealous. I really wish they would add something like that for PvE.

There is a trick where you can use a lvl 1 vendor weapon, transmute it and it becomes account bound or something. Not sure if they fixed it yet.

I wanted to do it on my scythe staff but i deleted the toon so I can't even WITHDRAW it from my bank.

I opened a ticket asking if I can withdraw it and they told me they can't do that. I call BS

Deleted
    There is a trick where you can use a lvl 1 vendor weapon, transmute it and it becomes account bound or something. Not sure if they fixed it yet.

I wanted to do it on my scythe staff but i deleted the toon so I can't even WITHDRAW it from my bank.

I opened a ticket asking if I can withdraw it and they told me they can't do that. I call BS
    It still works, though I did it with the Engineer backpack. I'm a Guardian with an Engineer backpack!

Deleted
    Had a camera glitch and saw this.

http://i.imgur.com/hJcMvtR.jpg
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-14 at 01:16 AM. Reason: resize or thumbnails. ya'll know how to use the internet. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I finally got all the zone 3 baubles thanks to that video. I am officially done with all of the SAB achievements, yay.

Man, I hated zone 3. I consider myself fairly adept at platformers, so I hate to admit how many times I had to repeat attempts to get those baubles on the decaying leaves. I'm hoping it's just because I'm rusty, have never had to do one with a keyboard+mouse, nor have ever had to deal with latency. I'm anxious now about future levels with the increase in difficulty and hard modes. I may actually need to invest in a controller and a better ISP. :P

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=1&theater

beedogs are REAL

Btw that is the SAB team

Here is the core team:
    The Super Adventure Box team, from left to right:
    Daniel White is our programming magician. He gave us the power to swap out the UI, upgraded the missile code and combat system to get us that old school combat mechanic feel, and got our physics to work with wacky things like bounce mushrooms.
    Lisa Davis is the one who brought everything together and made it go. She scripted all the creatures, skills, secrets, and figured out how to make it all work in one coherent whole. A truly magnificent feat!
    Jeff Weber was our primary prop and creature artist. He built most of the walls, rocks, clouds, critters, and pretty much everything you see in SAB.
    James Smith is our producer extraordinaire who somehow managed to heard all us cats in the same direction. Apparently we wore him out so he couldn’t make it for the picture. Photoshop to the rescue!
    Josh Foreman built the maps and coordinated the project.
    Trevor Howell brought all our boxy creatures to life with style. He also had to learn to breakdance before animating the spiders.
    Jason Wiggin built the Super Adventure Box that sits in Rata Sum, made our weapon skins and the in-game items like the candle, bomb, pointy stick, etc., and the beautiful dancing flowers.
    Byron Miller is our principal QA guy (or Secretsfindah) but most importantly, came up with the idea of the bee dog.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    But we had a LOT of help from Maclaine Diemer and Leif Chappelle for music (Lief contributed weekends and evenings because he’s a designer here, not a musician) Jerry Schroeder and Drew Cady making our sound effects and environment sounds. Our effects team: Jens Hauch, Paul Whitehead, Patrick Axlen, Daniel Henley, James Showecker, Lee Bledsoe (Our whole FX department wanted in on the action!) Dave Beetlestone is our environment art lead and helped up navigate the fine line between retro and ugly.
    And Peter Fries did our editing and wrote the best shopkeeper line: “I see now that all my hording has brought me only sadness.”

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Had a camera glitch and saw this.

http://i.imgur.com/hJcMvtR.jpg
    The lava is intended for hard mode.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1826987
    Last edited by zito; 2013-04-16 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massively did a great article on the music of the Super Adventure Box.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04...xs-soundtrack/

5. Victory

You just don't get victory music in MMOs, do you? There might even be some of the newer generation that's unfamiliar with how JRPGs used to end every fight with a weird little dance and happy tune: "Yay! We murdered you! And robbed your corpse! Let's jump up in the air and twirl our swords!"

On another note (haha) I'm debating on getting the tools for my alts. Got all the whip, slingshot, bomb etc for my main but wondering if I should throw my excess baubles towards more skins or get the tools on my alts for the upcoming hardmodes...
    Valar morghulis

I went ahead and got all the tools on my alts, mainly because it sounds like getting baubles is going to be more difficult next time. Right now you can tour a handful of rich dig spots in zone 2 and get plenty for all the tools with very little effort.

I'm not too big a fan of SAB, especially running the same stuff over and over for Bauble Bubbles / Obsidian Shards. But I still need a ton of achievements for Zone 3, and that zone is a huge bitch to do. How much easier is all the secret places in infantile mode?