Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    And I don't understand much of the fuss going on at the official forums.
    That's why

10+ Year Old Account
    Dulfy has a guide up - you knew she would!

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/01/gw2-supe...ure-box-guide/
    Valar morghulis

Is this part of the "mother of all JPs" that people were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The Dev heading this said in the stream that the next zone wont come out till June at the earliest if they decide to continue.
    To focus on the living story instead I imagine. Somewhere I read the team that did all this SAB stuff has joined the living story team now.

Also, I didn't watch the commercial until earlier today and holy crap, it was so perfectly done lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Is this part of the "mother of all JPs" that people were talking about?
    A part of it. There's 3 more worlds (each house in the lobby enters to a different world) and we don't know how many levels of difficulty (although if you jump up to the top in the lobby area there's a grumpy cloud that Josh said on the stream today would trigger the hard mode once they put it in).
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    They aren't "pouring" resources into it. Anet is broken up into development groups and the group that did the super adventure box is the jumping puzzle team. The same team the did the christmas one and the madking tower. You can see replies from the SAB creator on youtube, forums, etc - he's obviously keeping an eye out on the feedback.

The PvP team wouldn't of even touched the SAB.
    Wait, everything good that's been added was done by this one team?

Make them responsible for the entire game, and fire everyone else. Maybe the game will be managed more like GW1 then to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    I was watching this on a stream last night, it looks really good, unfortunately it also highlights the bizzare way GW2 is run, where they pour resources into temporary fluff content, yet clearly lack resources when it comes to fundamental things like class skill/trait bugs, core PvP features, hacking in WvW, etc.
    Yep, just pathetic how much work they put into temporary events but leave balance completely broken for months on end. Not a bad update... but still, leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing we won't get the same sort of passion put into the actual game that we will be playing 90% of the time. The small 8 man team that made this goes to show how shitty the decision making is at ANet when it comes to pve and pvp. If 4-8 people can pull this off, why do we have such terrible pvp and boring pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yep, just pathetic how much work they put into temporary events but leave balance completely broken for months on end. Not a bad update... but still, leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing we won't get the same sort of passion put into the actual game that we will be playing 90% of the time. The small 8 man team that made this goes to show how shitty the decision making is at ANet when it comes to pve and pvp. If 4-8 people can pull this off, why do we have such terrible pvp and boring pve?
    I dont know what your talking about. Besides, boring pve? you know the adventure box is PVE dont you? Also what MMO do you know with "balanced" PvP? WoW has been out how long, and each patch some classes are always on top and others are always on the bottom, some specs are completly broken, If i wanted to play a certain spec for PvE because i was good at it but it didnt match up DPS or Healing wise to the other specs for that class my guild makes me change, That is not balance.

As far as im concerned ppl that complain about balance are wasting time because you cant have a perfectly balanced MMORPG. Someones always gonna be better than another, Some class is always gonna have an easier time dealing with another class, Some build is always going to be desired above the others, and some abilities are always gonna be too good. But if you try to fix that class by making it weaker than the class it always beats you also nerf it against classes it struggled to beat or was on par with, if you nerf that build then the 2nd best build just becomes the new #1 and ppl complain about that, If you nerf that ability then you could possibly break that class because all the alternatives suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont know what your talking about. Besides, boring pve? you know the adventure box is PVE dont you? Also what MMO do you know with "balanced" PvP? WoW has been out how long, and each patch some classes are always on top and others are always on the bottom, some specs are completly broken, If i wanted to play a certain spec for PvE because i was good at it but it didnt match up DPS or Healing wise to the other specs for that class my guild makes me change, That is not balance.

As far as im concerned ppl that complain about balance are wasting time because you cant have a perfectly balanced MMORPG. Someones always gonna be better than another, Some class is always gonna have an easier time dealing with another class, Some build is always going to be desired above the others, and some abilities are always gonna be too good. But if you try to fix that class by making it weaker than the class it always beats you also nerf it against classes it struggled to beat or was on par with, if you nerf that build then the 2nd best build just becomes the new #1 and ppl complain about that, If you nerf that ability then you could possibly break that class because all the alternatives suck.
    You don't know what I'm talking about?

All we've had are fractals to grind, nothing else. Nothing. This 'pve' event will only last 1 month.

ANet announced they were going to support e-sport and balanced pvp since day 1, but haven't delivered on ANY of their claims. We STILL don't have spectator mode, or any semblance of balance. (looking at you, shitty D/D ele's) although I can't really blame the ele's themselves it's literally the only decent build they have, albeit overpowered as fuck.

Warriors are now non existent in tpvp, since the haste nerf. ANet just doesn't play their own game, definitely not in pvp at least.

Go play some tournys against triple ele teams and let me know how you feel after.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-04-02 at 04:24 PM.

You don't know what I'm talking about?

All we've had are fractals to grind, nothing else. Nothing. This 'pve' event will only last 1 month.

ANet announced they were going to support e-sport and balanced pvp since day 1, but haven't delivered on ANY of their claims. We STILL don't have spectator mode, or any semblance of balance. (looking at you, shitty D/D ele's) although I can't really blame the ele's themselves it's literally the only decent build they have, albeit overpowered as fuck.

Warriors are now non existent in tpvp, since the haste nerf. ANet just doesn't play their own game, definitely not in pvp at least.

Go play some tournys against triple ele teams and let me know how you feel after.
    All I hear is "ANet is not pandering to my wishes so they completely fail".

Realize that different developers, whether the individual or the team, have different strengths and weaknesses. So even if the team that made the SAB was given free reign over PvP balance, there's no guarantee that your specific nee--errr, I can't do it--wants will be fulfilled.

Besides, complaining about PvP balance in a thread about PvE content (SAB) seems counter-productive; even ignoring the fact it's different teams, and even ignoring the fact that people reading this thread might not care about PvP -- this thread is about SAB, not PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    All I hear is "ANet is not pandering to my wishes so they completely fail".

Realize that different developers, whether the individual or the team, have different strengths and weaknesses. So even if the team that made the SAB was given free reign over PvP balance, there's no guarantee that your specific nee--errr, I can't do it--wants will be fulfilled.

Besides, complaining about PvP balance in a thread about PvE content (SAB) seems counter-productive; even ignoring the fact it's different teams, and even ignoring the fact that people reading this thread might not care about PvP -- this thread is about SAB, not PvP.
    Then why are you talking about pvp, hypocrite? You're ignorant, too. Pointless to talk with you, so stop quoting me.

Okay, that's enough.

If you want to talk about PVP or transitory balance this is not the thread. Persisting in insulting users of this forum will result in infractions.

Stay on topic; Super Adventure Box.

-- Fencers

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Adventure Box music!

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet
    Valar morghulis

Well, SAB's been a huge hit with the bf and I. We spent most of Sunday playing it, almost didn't get our dailies done. :P

Some of the negative feedback I've read is just weird. Most people don't seem upset with SAB, it's either because they don't feel it fits into an MMO or because the same amount of effort wasn't directed towards their particular brand of gameplay. Welcome to the club? Most of the time developers don't focus on anything I'm interested in, so stuff like this is a rare treat. I've had plenty of people tell me over the years, "If you don't like it, don't do it." so turnabout's fair play. :P

I have a few nitpicks (of course :P), but nothing huge. I wish either 1) you weren't capped out at 250 baubles or 2) you could buy bubble baubles from shopkeepers inside the zones. I wish the upgrades (bombs, shovel, etc.) you bought were account wide. That is actually all I can think of right now.

I apparently keep missing some bauble in zone2 and I am certain I actually get them all, has anyone read anything about bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, SAB's been a huge hit with the bf and I. We spent most of Sunday playing it, almost didn't get our dailies done. :P

Some of the negative feedback I've read is just weird. Most people don't seem upset with SAB, it's either because they don't feel it fits into an MMO or because the same amount of effort wasn't directed towards their particular brand of gameplay. Welcome to the club? Most of the time developers don't focus on anything I'm interested in, so stuff like this is a rare treat. I've had plenty of people tell me over the years, "If you don't like it, don't do it." so turnabout's fair play. :P

I have a few nitpicks (of course :P), but nothing huge. I wish either 1) you weren't capped out at 250 baubles or 2) you could buy bubble baubles from shopkeepers inside the zones. I wish the upgrades (bombs, shovel, etc.) you bought were account wide. That is actually all I can think of right now.
    There is a purse you can buy in zone 3 that allows you to carry 500 baubles.
    http://dulfy.net/2013/04/01/gw2-supe...ure-box-guide/
    Search for Bauble Purse for its location

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    There is a purse you can buy in zone 3 that allows you to carry 500 baubles.
    Nice! Her guide's added a bunch of stuff since last night.

I am regretting getting all of this stuff on my key farmer though, especially if it carries over to the next installment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I apparently keep missing some bauble in zone2 and I am certain I actually get them all, has anyone read anything about bugs?
    Haven't heard anything about any bugs, you can check dulfy's guide to see what you're missing if you get stumped and want a hint.
    http://dulfy.net/2013/04/02/gw2-bach...evement-guide/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Nice! Her guide's added a bunch of stuff since last night.

I am regretting getting all of this stuff on my key farmer though, especially if it carries over to the next installment.
    To be honest, you'll only need all the upgrade (bombs, etc etc) on one character.
    The most efficient way to farm the skins (IMHO) is to speed through World 1 Zone 1 & 2 and collect the bubble baubles and put them in bank and then the same thing on all your characters

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Haven't heard anything about any bugs, you can check dulfy's guide to see what you're missing if you get stumped and want a hint.
    http://dulfy.net/2013/04/02/gw2-bach...evement-guide/
    There's no bugs in Zone 2, I got the achievement earlier today.
    Check the dulfy guide, some baubles are very well hidden.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    To be honest, you'll only need all the upgrade (bombs, etc etc) on one character.
    Yeah, but the character I've been doing everything on has been my key farmer since it's much more convenient to keep her parked outside SAB while my 80s are out and about in the world.