Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Horridon 10m HC - Tips needed

Hello, Im currently raidleading a 10man line wich've used 2½ night of 4hours raiding each night on Horridon, and still havent got past 4th gate

Our setup this week was

Tanks : Prot pala, Prot warrior

Healers : Holy pala, Resto druid

Dps : 2xSP, Hunter, Frost mage, Rogue, Warlock

the tips i need is on 3rd gate and how ppl does it, we seem to have the Frozen warlords up for ages, and our prot pala seem to die on the gate quite often, we atm. stack up (the ranged), and then we Zerg down 1st warlord, and AoE the small adds, while multi dotting + AoE'ing bout everything, we seem to just get the warlords down when 4th gate spawns, and then we got bad orbs everywhere, its the low dps im concerned about, might be personal issue from each player, but we've downed bosses in previous patches with worse gear, any idea how to improve dmg overall ?

Thx

Logs would help

The DPS requirement (from what I've seen) is pretty high on this boss compared to the first. I'd say your comp is decent for the fight.

Just keep trying so people(especially dps/tank) can optimize what they do on each door

Deleted
    Frozen gate :

Kill 1st two trash. Nuke down 1st frost mob. Start nuking 2nd frost mob. When dino pops nuke him to 50 %. Have all range switch to trash mobs (those who put diseases) and have the melee finish off 2nd frost mob. All finish trash and then frost mob.

Every time orbs spawn move slowly towards 4 th gate, there is no reason for these to be a problem since they only spawn in melee.

Here's a vid of our 1st kill with this method in mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWAqExAMAs
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-04-01 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Hi chosen.

I just had time to look over the video, and it seems that you had the same problem just with a bit different prio on 3rd gate
    We might just have some dps whos priorytizing the wrong target, but you aswell got alot more dps on 4th gate.
    We still got our bear at around 50% when the 2other bear spawns, wich makes it a hell to both pick up, and to dps down ..

But i'll let our frost mage take a look at the video you linked, to see if he can find out if he was doing anything wrong, he was doing around 100k dps the entire fight..

Why is your prot paladin dying? He should be 100% of the time on Horridon with one healer full time to him (which is me on my raids). We all stack on our monk tank's statue, let him get aggro and move bit by bit up to the 4th door every time there is a frozen orb... people with charge to go boss as much as they can, tank will require a cooldown at some point, and that's it.

If it helps, here is our first kill, second was better, but this is all I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zN632XiejBc
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Well seeing as im a prot warrior, we are using prot pala on 3rd gate at that point, simply because they are just better than warr tanks..
    Read alot about guilds using prot palas only to pick up adds, but also the other way around

Here is a link i found, tho MMO wont let me link it, i'll link it in parts, if u would bother to take 1 part each and copy please :b
    youtube
    com
    /watch?
    v=Ff4l3cxfdWM

I don't tank so I don't know, but I thought the whole point of having a prot paladin on Horridon was because he was able to reset his stacks and you never had to tank swap all the fight, making it a lot easier for everybody. But yes, this part in 3rd gate is where you need healer cooldowns on the add tank, they should be back up for when you need it in the last phase.

3rd gate was the easiest for us by far despite what people said. Just focus down the warlords, get out of the frozen orbs and if you can cleanse diseases then do it.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Spotnick;20704298]I don't tank so I don't know, but I thought the whole point of having a prot paladin on Horridon was because he was able to reset his stacks and you never had to tank swap all the fight

Well seeing we got a hpala and prot pala u can do it aswell, If they go for double bubble they can bubble all tanks for all the stacks, so with 2 palas u can basically have whatever tank u want, to keep tanking it

Deleted
    I dont get why is it hard to swhtch the horridon tank? there is time between the doors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I dont get why is it hard to swhtch the horridon tank? there is time between the doors.
    It's just easier not to with a prot pala since he can remove the tri-horned strike or whatever it's called.

Deleted
    We're gna try with stacking on 3rd gate, and move as a grp, hopefully it works.

Not sure if any of you tried Tortos HC, either way, you reckon a warr tank could kite bats with Piercing howl, Just kite at crystals to gain rage but still not being in melee with bats, atleast i spose its possible, or did any of you find a easier tac than kiting bats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlon View Post
    We're gna try with stacking on 3rd gate, and move as a grp, hopefully it works.

Not sure if any of you tried Tortos HC, either way, you reckon a warr tank could kite bats with Piercing howl, Just kite at crystals to gain rage but still not being in melee with bats, atleast i spose its possible, or did any of you find a easier tac than kiting bats
    Just put your pala to solotank Tortos. Hunter MD bats to him and they are killed before the stomp = profit.

Deleted
    Well our pala tank, tend to take shitloads of dmg, not sure if he is playing his class right.

We've just never used the tacs as using pala for main anything..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Frozen gate :

Kill 1st two trash. Nuke down 1st frost mob. Start nuking 2nd frost mob. When dino pops nuke him to 50 %. Have all range switch to trash mobs (those who put diseases) and have the melee finish off 2nd frost mob. All finish trash and then frost mob.

Every time orbs spawn move slowly towards 4 th gate, there is no reason for these to be a problem since they only spawn in melee.

Here's a vid of our 1st kill with this method in mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWAqExAMAs
    More videos!

Even on normal - I love to watch good frost mages to get some secrets in and outs on the fight!

Deleted
    For every1 who tried to help, and even might've read to search help somewhere!

We just used 25mins as 3healers yesterday, with good burst on Dinomancer when it spawns enrage is gna be the same, and 3rd + 4th gate got lamely easy, 1st our healers are always on full mana because u can dispell every debuff, 2nd becomes the biggest problem because of moving with interrupts, bad dino spawn, living poison that can spawn in ranged grp etc.

But without doubt 3healers is easier, we got it to last phase and 26%, but we wasted a CR early, and our healer + a dps died instantly from a dino when were about to burst boss.

So i'd say, 3heal it !

Quote Originally Posted by Spartex View Post
    More videos!

Even on normal - I love to watch good frost mages to get some secrets in and outs on the fight!
    Its not a fancy video, but I recorded our kill as well, if you would like to see another frost mage PoV. Not 100% sure on the "good" part though .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0s7-3nloI

Logs for that kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4332&e=4991

One of the best things you can do for yourself in this fight as a mage is make a /tar Direhorn Spirit /cast Mage Bomb /targetlasttarget macro.

We 3 healed it because we had no choice this week, we changed our strat a little so we could cleave the boss with adds, for some reason it took the exact same amount of time as 2 healing, we suspect it's because no tank got one shot as opposed to when we 2 heal it and they do an insane amount of dps in that phase.

Deleted
    on 3rd gate we nuke 1st 2 adds... then everyone focus's 1st warlord... we have 1 guy (boomkin) killin small adds so the deisease doesnt build up 2 much, and everyone else kills dino -> warlord -> rest

we have our tank use a personal CD when hes tankin 2x warlords... then calls for a iron bark/painsup to follow up his own CD. them warlords hit hard, and with reduced healin it can be tuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    It's just easier not to with a prot pala since he can remove the tri-horned strike or whatever it's called.
    a prot paladin hitting horridon full time will also do an absurd amount of raid healing. you can't compare 2 healing with prot paladin and disc priest (both on horridon) with 2 healing with paladin/druid and no prot paladin in raid. having disc priest and prot paladin means healing output-wise you've got a free 3rd healer in the raid compared to a setup with resto druid/holy paladin and no prot pala in raid.