10M ToT How many fights must be 3 healed?

I am currently the 3rd heals in our raid group.
    Right now we are 4/12 and I'm wondering on which fights can/cannot be 2 healed so I can figure out what to spend valor on.
    If 3 heals are needed in a lot of fights I might spend more valor on healing gear.

For reference we 2 heal the first 3 bosses and 3 heal tortos.

Thanks

If you 2 heals the first 3, then you should have no problem 2 healing Ji-Kun, and I've heard Durumu is easily 2 healed (6/12, starting him this week).

Megaera is pretty much required to 3 heal since the raid damage becomes insane near the end (3 healers pulling 70k+ all almost oom for the last rampage). I'm not sure yet of anything past Durumu.

We 3 heal council through tortos. Though we have 2 healed council and tortos, as well as 1 healed Ji-Kun, so really Megaera is the only one that seems to require 3.

If you have the dps 3 heals makes some of the fights much easier to learn, we pulled Durumu to start with 3 and dropped down to 2 for our first kill.

(We haven't killed Lei Shen so not 100% sure on if we will 3 heal, currently pulling it with 2).

Deleted
    We used 3 healers on Jinrohk, Horridon, Tortos, Magaera, Ji'kun, Primordius, Iron Qon, Twin Consorts and Lei Shen during progression.

Last time we only used 3 healers on Tortos, Magaera, Iron Qon and Lei Shen.

If you want to 2-heal Ji'kun you need flyers with personals to survive quills though.

We use 2 heals and a disc priest that dps's also. He is usually around 50-60k dps.

It all depends on your raid, we used 2 healers (me as paladin and a disc priest) on every boss in our alt run.

We've 2 healed and 3 healed everything on normal; it really doesn't matter.

For heroic, we've 2 healed Jin'rohk, Horridon, Council, Tortos, and Ji'kun (all of our heroic kills). Megaera feels like a solid 3 heal fight, but we haven't tried to work on it much because one healer or another has been absent.

Deleted
    All fights can be two-healed, a lot of it depends on your setup and raids ability to move out of cack - we considered solo healing Lei Shen as myself and disc priest I heal with were twiddling our thumbs through most of encounter - again very much dependent on your raids ability to not nub .

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all dependent on your raids gear and experience, when we first tried mageara (on release) we did it with 4 healers, it was overtuned big time (didnt kill), next day we killed it with 3 (was still overtuned xD)...and now we do it with 2. You should be able to 2 heal the first 7 bosses relatively easy. Primordius is more of a dps check/using debuffs properly, dark animus is just about the pull Iron Qon has alot of raid damage at start, so safer with 3 healer's imo. Twin's is a joke of a boss and Lei Shen is 2 healed if you're dps are bad.

So basically you can 2 heal it all, if you've cleared it. If you're progressing then pretty much every boss is 3 healed except for Lei Shen. (As the enrage timers are so relaxed)

Oh, sorry. To answer the question of "which fights MUST be 3 healed" then assuming you're progressing there, I would say Horridon/Council/Megeara/ji-kun/durumu/primordius/dark animus/iron qon/twins

Thats basically what we used on our first kills as the enrage timers are so relaxed there no need to apply more pressure on the healers, plus you will have more raid cd's to deal with certain mechanics. :-)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-04-01 at 10:21 PM.

we 3heal every fight in there, i solotank 3 of the bosses, councill, tortos and iron quin

we have 3 healed every fight up to JiKun and 2 healed them all except horridon & megaera. depends on which dps show up and whose lagging more.

Honestly, it really depends on your dps. If your dps is good you could 3 heal everything, just for progression ( i understand that fights are gonna be longer, but there should be no enrage issues in normal) . We cleared everything first week 3 healing everything i believe, just to be safe. Now we we switch it to normal we 3 heal ji-kun, primordius, dark animus iron qon and lei shen. Those fights could be 2 healed as well, it's just more risky and when we fast clear we just think it's safer to 3 heals. So i think it depends on your group, if you prefer steady progression, i'd 3 heal everything, if you want shorter fights and challenging fights for healers, i'd 2 heal mag (post nerf it's really a joke in normal) durumu, and twins.

We 3-healed everything except Dark Animus for first kills. Now we 2-heal the first 3 bosses. Horridon is definitely easier with 2 healers, the extra dps on adds makes it smoother.

Deleted
    We 2 healed everything including our Lei Shen kill last night, as someone above me stated, it depends on your setup and your raids ability to not stand in things.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

For heroic, we've 2 healed Jin'rohk, Horridon, Council, Tortos, and Ji'kun (all of our heroic kills). Megaera feels like a solid 3 heal fight, but we haven't tried to work on it much because one healer or another has been absent.
    2 heal heroic council, now that's impressive. /salute

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously it probably doesen't matter for you, but it does for them :P

For me it sounds like they definetively wanna 3 heal:

Megaera
    Primordius unless they stack buffs on healers. (Since dps requirement is super low)
    Lei Shen

Maybie Iron qon, but its fine to 2 heal for some normal guilds, really.

The rest is more than fine to 2 heal if they already 2 healed Council.
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-04-02 at 01:49 AM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    As a general rule they're all 2 or 3 healable. I'll go from where you left off onwards:

Megaera - probably the most clear-cut 3 healing boss. I assume its doable with 2 but I really prefer 3 for it.
    Ji-kun - really doesn't matter, we 3 heal it since that's how we did our first attempt and never bothered to change it. Its very easy compared to Megaera either way.
    Durumu - we 2 heal it, its doable with 3 as well but I find that the extra DPS helps more than a 3rd healer
    Primordius - we 3 heal it just because its a very gradual (perhaps boring) steady fight. More DPS won't really eliminate any mechanics it'll just make the fight a bit faster. It IS 2 healable though, since his dmg increases with time it makes sense to do more DPS.
    Dark Animus - we 3 heal again just for overall smoothness. An extra DPS will just mean like 1 less AoE in the last phase, hardly that big of a deal. More DPS doesn't bring a huge benefit here.
    Iron Quon - More DPS actually helps quite a bit for making phase 1 faster and reducing the dmg output in phase 4. Its a toss up, I can see it done equally well with 2 or 3 heals.
    Twin Consorts - We 3 heal it but a healer is doing the raid CDs so they're out of the fight quite often. If you 2 heal it then a DPS will do the raid CDs so either way I think its very comparable.
    Lei Shen - I feel like 2 heal is marginally better since you'll have less energy on pylons, but doable with 3.

That's just my take on it all.

Deleted

According to Wowprogress you 3 heal Council (?) http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier15_10

10+ Year Old Account
    We 2 heal:
    Jin'rokh
    Council
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Primordius

And we will 2 heal twins. We 3-healed with 1 healer activating the constellations (because I had experience from PTR doing that stuff ^^). So next time a dps will have to learn and do that.

The other stuff, even though some of it might be 2-healable as well, we 3-heal for various reasons (more dispels available for Horridon, more Raid-CDs available, easier to cover the entire room with 3 healers than with 2 - safety-first because of lenient dps requirements, etc.). Megaera seems very 2-healable for great parts of the encounter, but towards the end, I'm always glad that we 3-heal it. The incoming damage really ramps up nicely and also, dispels seem to be more smoothly to handle with 3.

I'd wager that bringing a disc priest helps when you want to reduce the number of healers in any given encounter.