Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard said that the last one will be a legendary weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Ill let you know if I can ever get my last damn sigil of power..Started collecting them the third month pandaria had went live. I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..the RNG drop for sigil of power is very F-ed up if you ask me. I am the only person in my guild who has yet to complete the first portion of the quest chain..
    Really O_o i had a ton more powers then wisdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'll pass judgement once the questline is completed. For now, it's not at "legendary weapon" status, but I do really like that it's more based on individual participation and more widely available-- cuts down guild drama at the very least, and that is not a bad thing.
    I think this is the good part about it however getting one time use gems and a socket so far is just underwhelming. I know next thing is capes, which is better since its an actual graphical representation of said legendary quest line. It still just doesn't feel 'epic'. If rumors are to be believed, the last raid will probably have weapons. If some of the same rumors are to be believed, they'll be relegated to 'real' raiders and not lfr folk?

At any rate, dragging it out to a year to finish said quest line (assuming you started the first couple weeks) just feels crappy. The journey for some of us is just loosing its luster. It might be a good pace for some people and that's fine. For me, personally, getting that item at the end probably won't really feel so great because I've been after it so long.

Don't get me wrong, I like that its more assessable and less of an issue to screw over guilds than the last few have been. I just don't quite agree with their pacing, they haven't found the good balance yet.

"Have you been raiding this whole time? Congrats you get some gems."
    Feels the opposite of Legendary, all it is right now are a string of uninteresting quests that are either grind boss drops or get rep with the prince.

Anyone could leave any time, or get favored for loot, so we shouldn't have loot at all? What a stupid notion. Legendary items should be rare, period.

I would prefer that they just cut the legendary stuff out entirely as it is pointless, but the current way is at least better then the old way. That's not saying much though. If their promises of a really hard single-person scenario comes through I'll be seriously pissed off simply because they are just continuing their schizophrenic difficulty streak. Making the legendary questline doable in LFR which you can AFK through and then enforcing a really hard scenario makes about as much sense as the initial tuning of Elegon on normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am now 9 power 83 wisdom..
    I don't believe you.
    Do Mogu'shan vaults. These only drop Power If I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Anyone could leave any time, or get favored for loot, so we shouldn't have loot at all? What a stupid notion. Legendary items should be rare, period.
    If you want them legendary in terms of rarity, you can't have them strong. If you want them legendary in terms of strength, you can't have them rare.

That are the lessons taught by: TF/Twin Blades/Valanyr/Tarecgosa.

Even if they're "not as legendary", or whatever, I think a lot of people don't understand that just because the barrier of entry to obtain them has been lifted somewhat, doesn't mean a whole lot of people are going to have them.

Similar to the people who whine about transmogging legendaries and saying "Everyone will run around with X!", when the reality is... not very many people are going to do that.

Personally, I think something that rewards PERSONAL dedication and commitment to your character is the way a legendary should be. It's a reward for being committed and seeing something for yourself through to the end. Much better than RNG and silly gating.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't believe you.
    Do Mogu'shan vaults. These only drop Power If I'm not mistaken.
    I got both power and wisdom when I started running it on my paladin this past lockout.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to the people who whine about transmogging legendaries and saying "Everyone will run around with X!", when the reality is... not very many people are going to do that.
    Wrong. Pretty much everyone and their grandma has Thunderfury these days. Hell even I have both halfs on my priestess.
    Note to self: complete quest for the lulz...

If they allow it EVERYBODY will run around with TF Glaives and whatnot. Until they see that everyone does it and suddenly rare epics are cooler again that mainstream legendaries.

In the end: only peeps who truly like the model will keep showing it all the poser natures will use something that is rare and makes them seem special.

Pretty much the same thing that happened to mounts like Al'ar.

I got both power and wisdom when I started running it on my paladin this past lockout.
    Seems my data was outdated.
    I stand corrected.
    Thanks.

In Vanilla, you raided until you got enough mats (splinters, bindings, eye) and then you got a legendary.
    In BC, legendaries were rare drops off Illidan and Kil'jaeden.
    In WotLK, you started quest, got the mats, got your legendary.
    In Cata, you got your legendary items by starting a quest, raiding until you got enough mats for each step, and then, bam, you have a legendary.

In MoP... you start a quest, get mats, get a reward, start a new quest, get mats, get a new reward, start a new quest, get mats, get a reward/legendary.

So, how is this any different than any other expansion (except BC)? Oh, I see, because now EVERYONE has a chance at it instead of only 1-2 people per raid per x-amount of time.

In other words, the only difference now is that everyone has access to a potential legendary. You still have to acquire the mats and you will almost certainly still have to surmount some challenge when the final step is released. Why is this a problem and why is it worthy of a thread?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It's been pretty shit so far. I got fucked on Sigils of Wisdoms and ended up two weeks behind. I also needed to do LFR every week to get sigils if I wanted to get the gem as quickly as possible. Then I never got a Heroic Sha-Touched weapon after downing and coining the applicable boss 10 times, so I'm stuck with a normal weapon in my OH. 2/2 H Spiritsever remains one of the best OHs into this tier (which is cool for those who have it and really lame for those who don't; I'm conflicted).

The 6k VP part was really lame. I was capping for item upgrades anyways. It's nice that we can continue using the prismatic gem for ToT weapons. It makes the entire chain continue to matter without seriously gimping those that are behind.

The Secrets are better because I don't have to run LFR. The new stages seem to be unlocking at the perfect pace for Secret acquisition too, so we won't have to wait around for new stages in order to progress on the quest.

However, none of this feels legendary or even remotely epic. There should be difficult solo quests woven in there similar to the FL staff and DS daggers. Special fight mechanics like the staff and Shadowmourne chains would be really cool too. This is just passive collection after passive collection for passive buffs that don't actually matter that much.

The MoP "legendary" items are not special. Every scrub that runs LFR every week has them. You can literally AFK your way to legendaries. A legendary used to represent months of dedication by a skilled and organized raid team. It created logistical problems, but those could have been addressed without neutering everything a legendary is supposed to represent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I agree. The tougher the better. Ultimately I'm alright with everyone getting a gem, an extra socket, even the OP Meta, but if this quest chain ends with something truely remarkable like a trinket or weapon, I don't want every man and his wife having one. Don't make it grindy, make it outright HARD. So that only the top 1% (the people who would have earned a proper legendary way back when) will get it. ..and then in the whiners kick in, blizzard can nerf that quest or content, by 5% every month or so, until even the baddies can get their item. But let the elites get it first imo.
    Yes please make it so that only chars that did clear naxx back in 2005 and finished the t0.5 questline get the last peace of this questline!

Seriously imho players like xtramuscle are the reason why wow is killing more and more players.... "omg Im not allowed to be a special snowflake in these bits & bites "reality" wich is all I have".... seriously grow up its just a freaking game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The MoP "legendary" items are not special. Every scrub that runs LFR every week has them. You can literally AFK your way to legendaries. A legendary used to represent months of dedication by a skilled and organized raid team. It created logistical problems, but those could have been addressed without neutering everything a legendary is supposed to represent.
    as if the cata or wotlk legendaries where any legendary at all - please bring back the vanilla kind of legendary which is 100% pure rng and the let the qq'ing rise to never seen levels

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be difficult solo quests woven in there similar to the FL staff and DS daggers.
    Trolllolol... seriously?

You're talking to a Tarecgosa-owner and let me tell you, Nexus was a far cry from difficult. It was annoying RNG w/o the proper item level, nothing more.

Imho It's wrong that the legendary stuff is achievable through LFR. But then again, what negative impact does it have on me as a raider that it is available?
    None. Zip. So let the baddies haver their fun.

In the end I do the damage I'm supposed to. I kill the boss according to tactics. Good gear doesn't make a terrible LFR player a good one.

A legendary used to represent months of dedication by a skilled and organized raid team.
    Yeah... Glaives, Thoridal, Sulfuras and Val'anyr certainly required a lot of extra dedication .... NOT.
    Thunderfury did. (Lots of alchemists cooldowns ^^ )
    So did Shadowmourne/Tarecgosa/Daggers to some extent, bust mostly only of the wearer.
    Atiesh, I don't know the details about.

But 99% of the legendary effort was .. wait .. waaait RIGHT! You clear the raids just as you would if there wasn't a legendary involved and got the stuff as a BONUS. (Butthurt "non-chosen" players included)

How exactly is that different to the MoP model?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-04-02 at 10:46 PM.

Trolllolol... seriously?

You're talking to a Tarecgosa-owner and let me tell you, Nexus was a far cry from difficult. It was annoying RNG w/o the proper item level, nothing more.

Imho It's wrong that the legendary stuff is achievable through LFR. But then again, what negative impact does it have on me as a raider that it is available?
    None. Zip. So let the baddies haver their fun.

In the end I do the damage I'm supposed to. I kill the boss according to tactics. Good gear doesn't make a terrible LFR player a good one.
    Maybe "challenging" is a better word. I was the first person on my server to get the daggers and you couldn't derp through the quests. I imagine you had to employ some skill for the staff too.

As someone that missed the 1st tier of raiding... Trying to play "catch up" with this Legendary Chain is soooo stupid. Ive been trying for a month now just to collect all 10 of my Sigils and im still at 8Wisdom and 2Power. I pesonally dont think that this is a very "legendary" feeling quest like i did with my Rogue and Casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe "challenging" is a better word. I was the first person on my server to get the daggers and you couldn't derp through the quests. I imagine you had to employ some skill for the staff too.
    Of course you had to. But when I could do it in a few hours with ~ 10ish tries, I wouldn't call it hard. I think challenging would indeed describe it better.
    Problem is: Blizzard can't do that with the MoP legendaries because these challenging quest have to be role / class specific to be challenging.
    In case of the Daggers it was simple. Only one class had to be considered.
    In case of the Staff it already was different. What's difficult for a shadow priest might be faceroll for a 3 minute arcane burst monster and vice versa.

Would I like involving quests more than boring "grind valor/rep" and "wait for RNG drops"? Hell yeah. It just isn't practical.

Trying to play "catch up" with this Legendary Chain is soooo stupid.
    Currently you cannot catch up, because no portion of the quest has been nerfed in any significant form. My alt is now at the mandatory 6 week+ timesink... yay valor grind.

Imho it's beyond retarded. By the time you get your cool Sha gem you'll have a better weapon from ToT-LFR.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-04-02 at 11:17 PM.

The most annoying part of the legendary quest is definitely the 6k VP requirement, per character. Not even a single grind on the account and then skip past that part for alts. Minimum of 6 weeks for this step... blah...

Currently you cannot catch up, because no portion of the quest has been nerfed in any significant form. My alt is now at the mandatory 6 week+ timesink... yay valor grind.

Imho it's beyond retarded. By the time you get your cool Sha gem you'll have a better weapon from ToT-LFR.
    The 6 weeks valor grind does hold you back pretty far. Also I think new 90s will have problems with the 1st part since they buffed the droprate of wisdom sigils and reduced the power ones so you have 6 bosses that drop power and 10 that drop wisdom.

Currently IDK what the drop rate is supposed to be but out of 18 boss kills in ToT I only have 3/20 of the new items. My alt that has done 12 only has 1. So it seems like you might be able to catch up to this phase and then get stuck with bad rng until Blizz buffs it like the wisdom sigils.

I just hope what we get at the end is cool, has some story behind it besides "Get Wrathion more cool drops," maybe includes a hard scenario or solo quest like Rhokdelar, and isnt a gun. Im going to be so mad if its a legendary gun and we cant transmog it to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to be so mad if its a legendary gun and we cant transmog it to something else.
    Eww... yeah that would royally suck. I agree.