Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your top 5 changes/additions to WoW , next 12 months?

I am curious as to what your thoughts are on what you would like to see added to WoW, improved or changed. So post your thoughts on what changes/additions you would like to see over the next 12 months. Each person may want to see something radically different than you, please make sure to respect that. This is not a bitch at the game thread, it is a wish thread.

Here is what I would like to see happen over the next 12 months:

1. Tiered Raiding

2. Numbers squish

3. Updated player models

4. Go back to talent trees.

5. Addition of Vanilla/BC Servers choices
    Last edited by Grogo; 2013-04-01 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    1.) Can kick anyone off of flying mounts. Charging them with my own mount, both get parachute dismounted, 200 - 300 yard range. Unremovable 30 sec. debuff that prevents remounting is applied.

2.) Bind on Pickup gets removed, from anything, including currencies. People can sell Heroic Gear or Conquest Points on the AH, basically almost anything that is an object they own, if they didn't use it (titles being an exception, for example). They earned it, they should be able to sell it.

3.) All teleporting and beaming and summoning gets removed, including LFR, Dungeon Finder and RBG Finder teleports. Players have to move through the world again to the instance entrance, with their mounts, flight points, ships and zepelins. This IS good enough and is not killing world PvP.

4.) Can attack anyone, anywhere, including members of my own faction. No more safe-zones. Hostility gets removed only in parties / raids and in cities by default, but the possibility to declare hostility is still there (in cities). Not possible in instanced areas.

5.) For this, a new server type gets introduced: PK-Server. Starts with lvl 90 characters and the whole world is lvl 90, unless mobs were higher than 90 anyway.

I would love a much more hostile and dangerous world with less care-bear, less restrictions and more possibilities. One should feel the danger everywhere, and not feel safe anywhere. Dying due to increased heart rate is still better than dying due to boredom.

I have the impression that most players do not want radical changes, and the majority would also ask for more restrictions than more freedom.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-04-01 at 06:04 PM.

1. More weird minigame daily/quests (like the tower defense garden game in Hillsbrad and 1-time tower defense quest in Uldum) with leaderboard

2. Updated models

3. Moar of MoP style patching (big tier raid, lore, big tier raid, lore etc)

4. nerf mages

I guess I really don't have too much to ask for, since they're already doing 2 of the 4 I mentioned and I can't think of a 5th

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. nerf mages
    2. melee friendly raids
    3. no more safe zones on pvp servers.
    4. gurubashi daily quest zone
    5. some love for all shaman specs and nerf mages.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the following:

1: The ability to scale your level and iLVL up and down. If they do this, I would like them to disable queue'ing for PVP or to automatically scale like they're doing now but to also scale their iLVL for more balance. It would be nice if they allowed the party/raid leader to inspect their iLVL to ensure those who want to 'twink' at certain levels are not using iLVL to overpower the content.

2: Squished stats up to newest expansion but then go back to exponential growth on newest content to ensure characters feel more powerful.

3: More mini games, would love to see Hearthstone in game

That's it for me - game has everything else I enjoy and am really enjoying the PBS.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Removal of or the nerfing of the achievement: "Nerf Scrapbots" (25man and 10man modes)

2. A faster way (or increased speed) to grind Arathi Basin / Warsong Gulch / Alterac Valley Reputation.

3. Quests and whatnot that require you to dismount to start an action will now dismount you automatically instead of giving you a stupid error saying "Can't do that while mounted."

4. A real defense mechanism for Frost DKs in PvP.

5. Increasing the base intelligence stat of most of the characters in my raiding guild.

1. Player/Guild housing! I need a sandbox
    2. New profession (primary or 2ndary) Woodworking to specialize in modifying your new home
    3. Better and quicker removal of Spam bots.
    4. Underwater mount (not the rare drop one)
    5. Ability to speak to opposing faction
    Last edited by mikepic; 2013-04-01 at 05:57 PM.

1. Adding dynamic weather, seasons and events in all zones.
    2. Better character models and sub-race selection for each race.
    3. Better lighting effects (night is dark again).
    4. Class quests reintroduced.
    5. Attunements make a come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    1: Update Quel'Thalas and make it flyable.
    2: Update Azuremyst Isles and make it flyable.
    3: Add Tinker as a class.
    4: Make Beast Mastery melee.
    5: Make Hydras tamable by Hunters.

Let's see what I can think of...

1. Updated models.
    2. More content like 5.1/5.2 offered (storytelling/questing, rare mobs, special achievements).
    3. Profession leveling changes like Blacksmithing and Mining/Herbalism.
    4. Continuing the faster patching we've seen in Mists.
    5. Going to the underwater areas in the Great Sea or have them raised to sea level OR travel to the other side of Azeroth and confirm if there is something or nothing at all.

Guess that's what I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Wonder what the op means by "tiered raiding". Any way, my wish list is:

1. New player models (which will probably happen between now and the next xp).
    2. DotA style BG (might make me do some PvP).
    3. More minigames like poke... ejem... pet battles.
    4. Proffesions revamp.
    5. A tinker style class.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 05:48 PM ----------

Wonder what the op means by "tiered raiding". Any way, my wish list is:

1. New player models (which will probably happen between now and the next xp).
    2. DotA style BG (might make me do some PvP).
    3. More minigames like poke... ejem... pet battles.
    4. Proffesions revamp.
    5. A tinker style class.
    Tiered raiding, like in Burning Crusade. There was no LFR/normal/heroic raids, was just one raid. They would be tiered as in there may be 2 raids on LFR level, 2 on medium level and 1 hard level. No rehashing of a raid.

Deleted
    - new character models
    - breast sliders
    - vanilla/tbc servers
    - solo challenges(harder with every challenge)
    - 1v1 arena(no rewards)

I just want the new character models already, that's essentially it. And the expansion announcement of course. And maybe server mergers, but that would take a miracle.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    1- MoP style of patches remains constant, with new contents getting bigger and more badass!

2- (Hoping) WoW begging from day 1 again

3- Catch up's for all proffesions

4- Player models

5- Number Squish!

10+ Year Old Account
    1- Update all zones and let anyone fly on them

2- Update player models

3- 5 new server all starting in vanilla, but with a difference of 3 months of each other to add the new path with free character transfer between them (You will be able to live all raids as it were the raids of the moment )

4- Add unique quests chains with unique rewards for each class (like warlock green fire)

5- Adding dynamic weather, seasons, time and events in all zones. (Please let the night be dark once again)

1- Server Wide Major City
    2- Catch up's for all proffesions
    3- Alt Friendly content
    4- 1-89 solo Scenarios
    5- Player content (housing/crafting)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    - new character models
    - breast sliders
    - vanilla/tbc servers
    - solo challenges(harder with every challenge)
    - 1v1 arena(no rewards)
    1- YES obviously!
    2- Dude.. get a gf
    3- Will never happen by Blizzard tbh you can just make your own or join the ones that are already there.
    4- Already there brawlers guild
    5- already there duels..

Glad blizzard isn't looking at these forums cus these ideas are not working..

1. regionwide (or battlegroup) Neutral AH
    2. regionwide (or battlegroup) guilds
    3. More support for disorganized/casual PvP
    4. Better PUG functionality. (ingame openraid, please)
    5. Make guild xp/rep significant again. Add guild levels, guild achieves, etc... don't need guild perks or any 'rewards' from them, just something to work towards besides winning a BG or clearing a raid. Battlepets guild achieves would be a nice start.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some excellent ideas here and I'd love to see more. Here is a quick list of five I'd like to see:

1) Overrep Bonus
    Several people have mentioned a problem with the current state of Isle of Thunder dailies, namely, that players hit Exalted and stopped. This causes overall participation to drop, and slow the rate of Stage expansion. While this is a harsh example, there are other times people would want to continue doing dailies that have a rep attached, even though they are maxxed out. Think Sky Shards, for example. Or continuing to run a dungeon in BC for that Raven Never-Drop Mount over and over.

I would not mind seeing some kind of bonus for gaining rep in a faction you have at maximum. Maybe when you hit +1000 over exalted, you create a +250 rep BoA item for that same faction, and drop back to Exalted +0. Or a small amount of experience, JP or Honor depending on the faction/level. Or maybe a bag of spoils. Just a little something to make the "overrep" useful.

2) Stupid Mistake of the Tiger
    I'd like Blizzard to go through their random item stat generators and remove every single useless combo from them. I admit, it probably would have very little effect on gameplay for most of us. But finding +agility plate, items which have no useful value to anyone in the game, this many years after the stats were changed, is crap. Blizzard should be ashamed for having such things, even if they are such a minor part. And hey, we've ALL worn greens at some point, haven't we?

I have personally sold Ravager Bands of the Wolf. Agility/Spirit. Nobody uses these!

3) Otra Lengua
    I would like some way for characters to learn another racial language. Horde/Alliance communication will probably not happen, but a tauren who learns to speak troll makes sense. Or a DK that speaks Undercommon.

4) Deja Voodoo
    I would like the ability to re-play a quest I've done before. Maybe with an ilvl reduction, as some have noted before? Maybe with the ability to purchase a different item at the end for a JP fee (500 green, 1500 blue, 3750 epic?) There are some quest/quest chains I would not mind re-doing without leveling another alt.

5) Chairman of the Board
    I want a damn sandwich.

Every innkeeper from here to West Dwarven Jabip sells meat, bread, and cheese. Where are the sandwiches? I can see myself eating a Roast Beef and Fine Aged Cheddar on Mag'har Grainbread. Or a Rhino Dog with Cabbage Kim Chi (because there's no saurkraut) on a Buttery Wheat Roll, no mustard. Or Thick-Cut Bacon and more Thick-Cut Bacon on...well,anything. Food's already divided into categories because of hunter pets. We know where the bread is. This is doable!
    Rule 1: Must acquire a sandwich board through N+1 Epicurean Awards.
    Rule 2: Using the board brings up a UI with 3 spots for ingredients. The first must be bread, the other two anything which aren't drinks.
    Rule 3: No conjured items.
    Rule 4: The created sandwich gives the same health and mana as the highest of the 3 ingredients. No stats are given.
    Rule 5: The created sandwich <Describes the Ingredients> in the same way as the crafter of an item.
    Rule 6: Eat it. Sandwiches are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see what I'd like
    1) PvP balance, I doubt it will happen though
    2) Lock buffs, I'm tired of nerfs.
    3) Ability to send heirlooms cross-realm.
    4) Updated models
    5) A (Team) deathmatch battleground.