Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Glyph of Unleashed Lightning Change

Unleashed Lightning Your Lightning Bolt takes 5% longer to cast, but may be cast while moving is now changed to:

Unleashed Lightning: Lightning Shield also reduces all damage you take by 10%. Major Glyph. Instant.

A very nice change for Elemental and Enhancement PvP-wise, but will Elemental Shamans still be able to cast Lightning Bolt while running? It feels like S8 again, but without the ridiculous burst and decent survivability.
    Last edited by Laptop; 2013-04-01 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Oh boy a shtstorm is brewing i just know it.

I welcome the Enhance buff though xD

My bet is on some sort of tooltip error. I dont think they would remove our ability to cast LB while moving. We can always hope that they are just gonna make it baseline. This IS datamined so ill reserve judgement till the actual blue notes come out

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    My bet is on some sort of tooltip error. This IS datamined so ill reserve judgement till the actual blue notes come out
    A tooltip error? The errors you sometimes see are like "Increases your health by 9846730434.99%"

Errors tend not to completely change the mechanics of a spell in a balanced way in perfect English.

From what i'm seeing, there's no more unleashed lightning glyph, instead there a "lightning shield" glyph ( go in the talent calc, you'll see lightning shield glyph, can't post links sorry)

Now, we just don't know if they'll add unleashed lightning as a passive or if it's intented as a nerf.

maybe we get cast LB while moving baseline! /fingerscrossed

Quote Originally Posted by thetom View Post
    From what i'm seeing, there's no more unleashed lightning glyph, instead there a "lightning shield" glyph ( go in the talent calc, you'll see lightning shield glyph, can't post links sorry)

Now, we just don't know if they'll add unleashed lightning as a passive or if it's intented as a nerf.
    Because that Glyph of Lightning Shield is overwriting the Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, look at the spell ID's or the item ID's of the Glyphs.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/71155-gly...ghtning-shield
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71155/gl...shed-lightning

71155. The glyph is replacing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god i jizzed in my pants.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

if this is true .... i'm done playing

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    if this is true .... i'm done playing
    WoW..........

Deleted
    They will probably make moving while casting effects baseline for the rest of the expansion before they remove them next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    They will probably make moving while casting effects baseline for the rest of the expansion before they remove them next expansion.
    Exactly what I see coming based on how dead set GC is against them whenever they're talked about on twitter.

I'm not going back to those crap wolk stationairy days ... fuck that shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I look forward to the damage reduction, though I'm not sure it'll be enough to keep enh sham from being the softest class in the game by far.

let's hope so ... i really want some clarity soonish...

^ can definitely seeing this happen.

I love how warlocks killed movement dps for everyone, was nice when only elemental shamans and fire mages could cast 1 spell on the move, now its ridiculous with hunters and warlocks being able to cast their entire rotation on the move.

That glyph looks very nice for pve and pvp, they'll definitely bake lightning bolt casted on the move into the spell.

Deleted
    I highly doubt they they will remove the ability to cast Lightning Bolt while moving. Same story like the Flame Shock glyph, from a longer flame shock (which is now the spell itself) to it healing you. They'll make it baseline.

After all, it's datamined. Not crying untill a blue post confirms anything regarding it.

probably but in that case elemental needs FS to hit 1000% harder so we're not the lowest movement dps class ingame.

I sure hope they include LB casting while running somewhere in there. >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    probably but in that case elemental needs FS to hit 1000% harder so we're not the lowest movement dps class ingame.
    Which is why GC is waiting until a new expansion to introduce a huge change to the game such as removing the ability to cast while moving from most classes. It's easier to remove mechanics and rebuild a class during a new expansion period than it is mid-expansion.