Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 5.3 PTR. Attonement Nerf

Discipline

Atonement When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 40 yards from the enemy target for 80% of the damage dealt. If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced by 50%. Priest - Discipline Spec.

on the frontpage

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, if this turns out to be true. I'll be rather upset.
    Guessing it's Blizzard's punishment for priests doing nothing but atonement healing. I've never abused this heal, despite the community saying it's the only way to go. It's never my number one source of healing. I guess my frustration is more with the community abusing something and then it gets ruined for me, woo...

Not surprised and honestly glad.

Coming from a disc priest currently, I hate the idea of a single mechanic being over used so much... it was like the new DA. At any rate, I am curious how badly this is going to affect crit builds once it goes live.

Looks like Atonement is getting nerfed by 20% but Disc priest are not getting a buff to offset one of our top 3 healing abilities. IMO for disc to stay viable they need something to help compensate such a big nerf to a core ability.

Is this for Patch 5.3 or a live Hotfix?

Deleted
    Wanted clever nerf (+buff other). Getting stupid nerf. As usual:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will buff holy nova! ....

Yeah not my number one heal, but is definitely one of my top spells. Without anything else to compensate, I don't see much change to how we heal but rather just knocks us down on the meters?

Quote Originally Posted by platzman View Post
    Wanted clever nerf (+buff other). Getting stupid nerf. As usual:/
    Pretty much this. My first thoughts when seeing this: "whelp, finally got enough reasons to reroll to holy pally, Blizz's favorite pretty boy"

Deleted
    i aint even mad.

Not a big nerf, wouldnt be that hard.

Will still be Topping meters, so nothing changes at all. Its not that we only have Atonement.

Awesome changes! this looks like always! Dont spam guys! Dont spam!
    If you spam a button, blizzard nerf it!

Remember ICC Shields...
    Remember PoH Cata...
    And now remember smite...

What's next? oh blizz i start to feel comfortable with spirit... Come on nerf Rapture.

Quote Originally Posted by balrok69 View Post
    Awesome changes! this looks like always! Dont spam guys! Dont spam!
    If you spam a button, blizzard nerf it!

Remember ICC Shields...
    Remember PoH Cata...
    And now remember smite...

What's next? oh blizz i start to feel comfortable with spirit... Come on nerf Rapture.
    Inc illogical and self-contradictory PWS nerf, you heard it here first.

Bliz are idiots, they only reason they are doing this is because of how good it is on fights with bonus damage factors. They should just normalize the formulas instead of using % based...

Was I the only one who expected a nerf to atonement? A lot of the fights in ToT (heroic) it's our most used ability, if not it's still in the top 3. Don't think I've ever done bellow 10 mil dmg on an encounter in ToT. With not much effort as it's basically our cheap heal, while other classes like shamans spam healing wave with 0 dmg done

This is just going to lead to more use of PWS

If anything you should be glad that the most brainless form of healing known as atonement got nerfed, this change was actually long overdue considering how much atonement heals for and how little mana it costs. Now you might actually have to use healing spells instead of dpsing for 70-80% of a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If anything you should be glad that the most brainless form of healing known as atonement got nerfed, this change was actually long overdue considering how much atonement heals for and how little mana it costs. Now you might actually have to use healing spells instead of dpsing for 70-80% of a fight!
    Amen soul sister

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough to make it bad. Jimmies status: unrustled.

This.

Also... calm down everyone, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derevka
    This atonement nerf makes sense.. and is a good thing for good-gameplay. I mean you are seeing far too many people just sit in one spot and mash smite the entire fight, 'steal' heals (which would have come in from other sources-- ie. druid HoTs)

Disc played well is more than just smite smite smite solace, penance smite smite smite... its building Evangelism, using AA, and Spirit Shell timed around fight mechanics--- AND using Smite, and offensive/defensive Penance, Prayer of Mending, and prayer of healing.

80% isnt the end of the world either.

To expand a bit more as well... and to get the discussion off of the QQ of the official forums; Disc is in a great place with our whole toolkit. Are there areas where, if I were to have my druthers, would I want a buff? Of course... but post nerf, this really isnt the end of the world. It just means you cant just sit there and act as a DPS and be just as good of a healer as everyone else.

TLDR: Use your whole toolkit, and this nerf is really of little consequence.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...82740?page=1#9
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3491

How do you heal now and how will you heal after if not with atonement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualJunkie View Post
    How do you heal now and how will you heal after if not with atonement?
    You'll still use atonement. It's mana neutral or mana positive in almost all circumstances with 515+ gearing.