Review my Logs(5.3) balance druid

so i know i made a post b4 but it being 5.3 and diff gear i felt the need to make a new post...

so ive been trying to go by the guide and given details by people ive talked to and people still seem to say my dps is to low. ive reforged what i can to crit ive changed many gems,and enchants and still trying to figure out what im falling off the Grid,

ive looked at logs and dont seem to think im doing horrible compared to other ranking balance druids granted there gear is alot better then mine as well as comparing to people with similar gear .

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/245260/ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckyfryd/simple

anyone with what id say have more exsperience then me wanna check out my kills for past few weeks in TOT,i do get rotated on certain fights for raids need of various classes and the need of there ability..

i personaly see it as every class has there fight to excell on and thats how i feel but dont think thats a very good excuse some say.. people keep comparing me to our hunter and mage and given there gear and exp i dont see why thats a very good view point but its w.e

so if anyone wants to check me out and give me some pointers id greatly appreciate it..thanks

#palmtree1963 < Rid
    Plan b-Korgath
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/korgath/Plan+B

8/12 Normal-as of 4-1-13
    Last edited by kordruid; 2013-04-02 at 01:20 AM. Reason: adding RID

go worgen there the best ally druid for pve thats a start.

also seems your dot up times is a little low also Heart of the wild does do a little better on most fights thats just at a quick glance

Quote Originally Posted by primalfears View Post
    go worgen there the best ally druid for pve thats a start.

also seems your dot up times is a little low also Heart of the wild does do a little better on most fights thats just at a quick glance

ah yeah ... yeah i dont usualy have dot uptime problem but il keep an eye on that and as for how and nv.. i need to get better at remembering to switch either or for certain fights

Jin'Rokh:
    - You didn't prepot but everything looks fine, maybe move faster in pools but you did a very decent damage
    Horridon
    - 46% Uptime on Nature's Grace, should be around 60-70%, maybe you've casted a wrath or a starfire after an eclipse
    - 50% Uptime on sunfire / moonfire on Horridon. Should be close to 100%, keep both your dots on him at all times
    - No pots
    Council of Elders
    - No prepot
    - You procced 81 starsurges, but only used 51. You won't be able to use them all but 30 missed seems quite high. I use a focus macro for this fight, I focus whoever needs to be DPSed then I just macro starsurge with focus and proceed to dot everybody and spam starsurge. This way you dont need to bother switching targets, just dot dot dot and hit starsurge when it procs. (target focus, cast starsurge, target last target )
    - Uptime on Nature's Grace is great.
    Tortos
    - It's hard to say from these logs, but watch your dot uptime on Tortos (75% Moonfire). Remember that it's not only for the dps it brings that you want a higher uptime, it's also because your starsurges proc from dot crits. The higher uptime you have on your dots, the more starsurges you get and this fight sucks for casters getting interupted all the time, needing to move etc etc, so instant cast --> win
    Magaera
    - Looks all good, except you're using Nature's Vigil. HoTW is better when there isn't any damage increase mechanics.
    - No prepot..

Overall notes:
    - You should prepot, every fight. No reason not to.
    - On fights with +dmg mechanics, use NV. For other fights, HoTW.
    - Watch the dot uptimes. Maybe grab an addon like tiddynameplates with is pretty cool.
    - You seem to be doing pretty well, Balance druids are one of those classes where gear makes a huge difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Oratio View Post
    Jin'Rokh:
    - You didn't prepot but everything looks fine, maybe move faster in pools but you did a very decent damage
    Horridon
    - 46% Uptime on Nature's Grace, should be around 60-70%, maybe you've casted a wrath or a starfire after an eclipse
    - 50% Uptime on sunfire / moonfire on Horridon. Should be close to 100%, keep both your dots on him at all times
    - No pots
    Council of Elders
    - No prepot
    - You procced 81 starsurges, but only used 51. You won't be able to use them all but 30 missed seems quite high. I use a focus macro for this fight, I focus whoever needs to be DPSed then I just macro starsurge with focus and proceed to dot everybody and spam starsurge. This way you dont need to bother switching targets, just dot dot dot and hit starsurge when it procs. (target focus, cast starsurge, target last target )
    - Uptime on Nature's Grace is great.
    Tortos
    - It's hard to say from these logs, but watch your dot uptime on Tortos (75% Moonfire). Remember that it's not only for the dps it brings that you want a higher uptime, it's also because your starsurges proc from dot crits. The higher uptime you have on your dots, the more starsurges you get and this fight sucks for casters getting interupted all the time, needing to move etc etc, so instant cast --> win
    Magaera
    - Looks all good, except you're using Nature's Vigil. HoTW is better when there isn't any damage increase mechanics.
    - No prepot..

Overall notes:
    - You should prepot, every fight. No reason not to.
    - On fights with +dmg mechanics, use NV. For other fights, HoTW.
    - Watch the dot uptimes. Maybe grab an addon like tiddynameplates with is pretty cool.
    - You seem to be doing pretty well, Balance druids are one of those classes where gear makes a huge difference...
    lemme add this.. last week people tend to F around on farm content so we kept pulling b4 people were ready hence the no prepot

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 11:01 AM ----------

but yes as i said we had some bad pulls last week where people were pulling like tards so i didnt pay attention to prepot bc i usualy wait till pull timer..

i need to work on dot uptime. il go thru logs after raids this week and see if i improved... thanks..
    if anyone else has any other opinions throw down!