Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When will the Durumu Maze be nerfed?

I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?

It's pretty easy with the right strat. Out at range you'll just be on the move the entire time but there's a large clearcut path, you can't miss in. In melee you need to not move until the beam is right on top of you basically, just gotta stay calm and know that a path will open.

Also, turn Particle Density down to Low.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    Argument 1 is clearly false, you always have a path in both melee and range. There are no dead ends in the maze.

Argument 2 is the fault of your raid. Move out when you have pools targeting you so you don't drop any where you've agreed to run.

Deleted
    I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    Theres always a way out and you have a long timer before you set up the pool, so collect them and dont put them in your planned way for the maze (you dont shit where you eat and you dont collect voidzones where you want to walk)

We had that thought the first week, but after some practice we've found there's always a way out. You don't need to use the more annoying melee path on normal mode, just use the farther paths and use healer cooldowns at the start.

Re: Void pools you have 100% control over where they are in the room.

There is always a path to go, 2 even (range have a path they can take on the outer ring).

Your group is probably panic when the beam gets close to and try to get out. Number one rule of durumu maze DO NOT PANIC. It will be close on the beam but you will always have time to move and there will always be somewhere to go.

Edit: you can control where you drop the puddles to an extent. Drop them on the far outside as much as possible as it is easier for range to avoid then melee in the maze
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Send the bad people to ranged, the lane to run is 10 yards wide.

Why do people call for nerf when as you can see 23.3% of guilds kill it already?

this maze gives us cancer on heroic
    one hour it's perfect traveling through
    next we just get screwed by sitting mid and the maze taking a year to form after an ice wall

Turn down spell detail. If you die to it now theres no hope for you.

What they should nerf is the trash that does the maze ability, that's 10x harder than the one from the boss lol.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    What they should nerf is the trash that does the maze ability, that's 10x harder than the one from the boss lol.
    ^ this times a million.

Trash harder than the boss ftw.

Why would they nerf something that's perfectly fine? There will ALWAYS be an area to run. Your problem likely comes from people panicking and running ahead too soon if they're in the melee portion. It's also important to note the melee portion of the maze can be almost directly under the boss.

Also this. The trash maze is completely stupid lol.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to nerf this and like what timoseewho stated, the trash with the maze ability needs to be nerfed or be taken out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they already nerfed it, it seems far easier than it used to be

Even tho I dont raid 25man, the way i see it if ure struggling for luck here is that u start by keeping some distance from the beam. Be prepared that the path may start going forward or backwards and use the ranged path(I think its easier to go in this one) aswell rather than all going in melee

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked incredibly complicated before I pulled it, but we managed to kill it in less than 20 pulls on normal. The maze isn't really hard, just use defensives to get out of difficult positions and once you get it down, it's actually really simple. One of my favorite boss mechanics to date.

With that said, I hope they don't nerf it. It's really fun.

You don't even need heal CDs. It's really simple to do it correctly. First if the beam spawns and the crackles on the floor appear move as far as possible to right or the left on the crackles. Then the maze starts to close. After a little time you will see the way in the direction of the beam. So move a little bit into the direction of the beam and into the free space. After that the maze closes completely and a new way opens. We found at least the maze part pretty easy yesterday.

What annoys me more is the trash mobs' maze makes me lag even with low settings but boss's maze doesnt with any settings.