Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Durumu seems fine considering that it's in the later half of the instance. The pools might be bit more unforgiving on 25-man, but if dps is not a problem then an alternative is to use the ranged lane.

I love the maze, but I see how it could be a problem on 25 man. I hope it stays challenging.

It has nothing to do with luck, stop looking for excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    OMG 2 days. Ye this clearly needs a nerf. Basically nerf everything you cannot kill in 5 tries.
    I'm sorry about the Troll post, but I'm tired of seing people who deem content too hard when it in reality is easier than earlier content.
    My 25 man guild also wiped for 2 nights before killing Durumu. I don't mind if we had to wipe for 5 nights or 10 nights.

Do people really not want a challenge anymore?

I remember wiping 5 days a week, and farming firepots for those raids for one full month before we killed Vaelstraz
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

My guild is currently rising up to about 55-60 wipes on this fight, mostly because of the maze, with some derps on color-blind. I personally find being the red beam harder than the trash maze, which is already insanely difficult. Anyway, the maze is easy mode for an individual once you figure out where the safe path is going to go. Look underneath the top cloud in the eye-sores coming toward you, it might change up before it appears under you so you gotta move in to it a bit. It seems that people just panic because of the cutter beam thing and mess up with the maze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use a personal cooldown when the maze is about to spawn so you live through the initial damage when you find the safe area. After that it's really easy really, especially the ranged lane. The first 10 seconds of the maze are the hardest. Don't panic and wait, the Disintegration Beam moves really slowly, a path will open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Use a personal cooldown when the maze is about to spawn so you live through the initial damage when you find the safe area. After that it's really easy really, especially the ranged lane. The first 10 seconds of the maze are the hardest. Don't panic and wait, the Disintegration Beam moves really slowly, a path will open.
    I know this is the thread for the maze, so excuse me for allowing myself to ask a question about the Life Drain:
    We got Durumu to 37% within an hour so we've only briefly experienced the Life Drain.

How to best handle it? Especially during the lightshow beam phase.
    What happens if the first target uses an immunity effect? I used human racial as the 2nd interceptor and it worked (I just tried it out) but I wonder what happens if you use it or an immunity effect if you are the first target.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petesakan View Post
    Why do people call for nerf when as you can see 23.3% of guilds kill it already?
    id say that number shuld be higher to be normal..

I raid 25m and our raid was stuck on Durumu for 2 nights because of bad luck in the maze, sometimes there's just no way out, sometimes many void pools are in the way. Anyone agree to nerf the luck factor?
    2 nights? lol Are you kidding? You're asking for nerfs after 2 nights? That's pathetic.

Tbh, the maze on heroic was much easier to the one compared to normal imo.

The maze has nothing to do with luck. You can sort of predict (not completely but some patterns aren't possible) where the eyesore is going to spawn at the start when you see it coming from the right and if it does spawn under you just get out of it quickly. I usually pop rallying cry just in case someone is slow but it's not really needed.

To be fair, I do recall one pull a few weeks ago where the maze bugged out and never gave us a melee path. But not seen that happen on later kills.

The maze is one of the mechanics that looks hard to begin with, but after a few pulls turn out to be really easy. We mark up a player and just have everyone follow him around. Remember there will always be 2 paths. You may end up getting close to the beam, but the path will be there.

As others have said: purple pools are 100% controllable in terms of placement. No excuse there.

Deleted
    Make sure the people who place the puddles put them within the "center ring", in other words not in melee range and not by the outer edges, but somewhere between those two. That was you will never have to run through the puddles during maze, as the maze openings will always be right in melee range and pretty much near the outer circle.

Gather up for the beam and check where the maze starts forming and run to the edge of the "mist". Our range run to the outer edge, our melee stay in melee. After that you sit put until the whole area is covered with the maze, after which it starts to reveal the actual openings in front of you, which you then follow.

Our puddles are pretty messy here, but it's to give you an illustration on how the maze forms, and how it's really not hard to see where the opening is further revealed

Edit: As this stupid thing doesn't allow me to link from the actual maze point, scroll to 2mins 10s

Hope this helps at all.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-04-02 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    I know this is the thread for the maze, so excuse me for allowing myself to ask a question about the Life Drain:
    We got Durumu to 37% within an hour so we've only briefly experienced the Life Drain.

How to best handle it? Especially during the lightshow beam phase.
    What happens if the first target uses an immunity effect? I used human racial as the 2nd interceptor and it worked (I just tried it out) but I wonder what happens if you use it or an immunity effect if you are the first target.
    You can lower the drain by using personal cooldowns, and you should take over at about 3 stacks. It's the hardest during light spectrum as you gotta sort the life drains on the fly. I'm not sure about immunities, I've personal never tried it as I usually always use Divine Protection, and I'm normally not part of the Life Drain rotation unless it's during Light Spectrum in my beam or when I'm the first target.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    I think they already nerfed it, it seems far easier than it used to be
    Yeah, last week on our kill it seemed like the path about 2x as big as the weeks before. Maybe that's just the rng of the maze, but it seemed way easier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I'd like to see fixed is making the melee path more obvious. Sometimes it goes almost directly under the boss - except you can't see anything there, so your reaction isn't "oh, this is where I'm supposed to go" but "can't see shit - it's probably under the boss". Make the damn thing more visible already.

Trash maze being terrible was mentioned already, but I'll repeat it just in case.

Either way, while the mechanic itself is interesting, they should really work on it's graphical presentation.

The term "luck" has no place at all within this statement as the mechanic is no way luck based nor are the solutions to the problems you outline.

10+ Year Old Account
    o.0 why does it need nerf? If your maze is getting screwed over by void pools then the people you raid with need to wake the hell up and move to the edge of the platform. If your raiders are jumping the gun before a path clears then again they need to wake the hell up and watch as the maze unfolds.

Personally when we were 1st learning the mechanic we had 29 total wipes for the boss before we killed it. Some were due to stupidity of others (i derped my self a few times on lasers not gonna lie) either on lasers due to people not marking spots properly or jumping the gun maze. Most were due to either our healer and OT laggin out...that maze does wonders to people with crappy PC's :P we got it killed on the 2nd night.

Tilt camera down and wait, pop personals if you need to run through void pools. This fight is tuned fine. If you are having issues might wanna look at HPS/DPS to see who needs to step up. Keep trukin and don't cry for nerfs for things that do not need it.

The mechanic itself in theory makes for an interesting mechanic, however I think we should be beyond the point where you need to modify your graphical settings for mechanics to be functionally visible. This is perhaps the worst graphic we have seen in a very long time, it seems like they were going for some sort of semi-3d maze effect but when they didn't get it right they just decided to leave it in. I don't get how they were able to do a pretty competent job with the Venoxis maze then a full expansion later we get this.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

the only problem with the maze is that its often hard to see the purple maze on the dark gray floor in the dark room.

put your camera right above your head and look down.

separate the room into three rings. only drop void puddles in one ring, run in the other two paths.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"