DARK ANIMUS
    1. Tank swap for fire ball ring
    2. If debuffed, move from people
    3. At 75 energy, watch for interrupts
    AVOIDANCE
    1. Move from explosive slam
    2. Dispel [Matter Swap] debuff

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 09:33 AM ----------

Posted in wrong forum. Can I ask an admin to please move this to Raids & Dungeons, as I can't move or delete this now that it's posted.
    Last edited by TheDDGuides; 2013-04-10 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well done.

If everybody reads that, it should make this part of LFR not quite as painful as the encounters make you expect them to be.

IMHO, this is probably the most complicated part of ToT that your average LFR-raid will have more trouble mastering than the previous parts of LFR. The stuff that comes afterwards is easier again, mechanics-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for Maze of Lolol on the LFR on my alt tomorrow.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Cant wait for Maze of Lolol on the LFR on my alt tomorrow.
    We'll see, maybe it'll hit like a wet noodle, like the difference between Tortos breath on normal/LFR

15+ Year Old Account
    full of lawls~~~~~~

Actually, according to the dungeon journal, you need to reveal and kill one of each color fog beast for LFR, including an amber one, instead of just killing reds.

The eye sore maze appears to do about half the damage as normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Actually, according to the dungeon journal, you need to reveal and kill one of each color fog beast for LFR, including an amber one, instead of just killing reds.

The eye sore maze appears to do about half the damage as normal mode.
    Sure hope the yellow beam actually follows the person it targets as opposed to just slowly rotating on it's own, then....

Though of course, the DJ has been known to be off, I don't see why they'd make LFR so much different. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Sure hope the yellow beam actually follows the person it targets as opposed to just slowly rotating on it's own, then....

Though of course, the DJ has been known to be off, I don't see why they'd make LFR so much different. But who knows.
    I was under the impression the strat is the same as it's always been. If there are three beams revealing adds then there's simply no way people will kill them all before Disin Beam.

Grouping and aoe-ing Dark Animus adds is absolutely hilarious.

It's like Blizzard looked at the encounter in normal and went "WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW RAID FINDER PLAYERS COULD EVER DO THIS TO HELL WITH IT NO MECHANICS AT ALL"

Dungeon journal also says the boss activates itself after 1 minute who knows if that's true. There's also no FULL POWER buff so why even bother with massives at all?

Any trash tips? (hopefully not of the same quality as "hug the snails, they're friendly!")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Any trash tips? (hopefully not of the same quality as "hug the snails, they're friendly!")
    Durumu trash: People get ported into a circular maze thingy with an eye in the middle. You can't get out of the circle until the eye dies, and it's mostly covered in black crap that deals damage. A safe zone will rotate around the eye that you need to follow. The black crap looks the same as the boss maze so you can get used to it.

Primordius trash: Gather small adds until you reach a big one, then focus it down. AoE on small adds can get you killed in normal, no idea about LFR.

Dark Animus: Yeah I've no idea what they'll do with this. It's basically 6 named mobs with long and short range nukes. Our tactic on normal is to spread out in a circle closely around them all and interrupt/stun the short range nukers. Most likely the damage they deal will tickle in LFR.

This is lfr you can just stand cast and blast.

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    Durumu trash: People get ported into a circular maze thingy with an eye in the middle. You can't get out of the circle until the eye dies, and it's mostly covered in black crap that deals damage. A safe zone will rotate around the eye that you need to follow. The black crap looks the same as the boss maze so you can get used to it.

Primordius trash: Gather small adds until you reach a big one, then focus it down. AoE on small adds can get you killed in normal, no idea about LFR.

Dark Animus: Yeah I've no idea what they'll do with this. It's basically 6 named mobs with long and short range nukes. Our tactic on normal is to spread out in a circle closely around them all and interrupt/stun the short range nukers. Most likely the damage they deal will tickle in LFR.
    We have everyone stack up and nuke the long range while a tank tanks the short range about 40 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is lfr you can just stand cast and blast.
    If the eye sores really do do half the damage of normal, good luck with that...

They are extremely damaging on normal - you die in 2-3 seconds without heals. Half of that is still a tremendous amount of damage for LFR (or even the 50-70k DPS I'm seeing on wowhead). I would've thought it would do more like 10k damage per second with the beam itself being the only real threat - and even THEN I was doubtful people could do it. I'm honestly probably going to avoid this wing like the plague on my alts for at least 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is lfr you can just stand cast and blast
    Thats not very helpful. I've been in plenty of groups where we wiped because of fails. If this stops some of that then I'm all for it. Lfr is surprisingly unforgiving at the moment.

Durumu might be annoying since you'll probably be losing half your raid to the beam. Looks like they removed every important mechanic from Dark Animus, just kill the little adds then kill the boss.

Wow, just did Dark Animus. Totally different than normal, killing anima golems transfers the anima to a random golem not the nearest one. So you get ALL the large golems and massives at once if you aoe the little adds down at the same time.

For Durumu you need to kill a fog of each color.

Also the yellow beam starts on a person then slowly moves on its own in a random direction. So, it is possible to have that phase still going on during the maze phase.
    Last edited by Lockula; 2013-04-02 at 08:04 PM.

I just want to say i love guides like this, dungeon journal is a laundry-list of abilities that's quite confusing if you just want to know what to do (And what skills i can ignore as DPS, like tank switches), especially with the more counter-intuitive things like pools you DO want to stand in at Jin'Rokh and debuffs you don't want to dispel ASAP at Megaera it's nice to have a simple guide to what you have to do.

I think I can already picture the healers dispelling everyone on Primordius...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for putting this together.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn