Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    For Durumu you need to kill a fog of each color.

Also the yellow beam starts on a person then slowly moves on its own in a random direction. So, it is possible to have that phase still going on during the maze phase.
    Having the beams still on during the maze really just depends on the yellow beam. If its more than 270 deg away from the fog it wont make it. The other beams have enough time for the people to wake up and run to an add but sometimes people dont listen or panic or are just bad and cant do it right. If you see the yellow fog before the yellow beam drops the best strat is probably to drop it on the other side of the room 180 deg away. The direction it goes is random so if its dropped opposite there is no luck, it will always take a half rotation to reveal the yellow fog.

Been hearing reports everyone is getting killed by Durumu's death beam. Glad they haven't changed it from the PTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    I think I can already picture the healers dispelling everyone on Primordius...
    I was hoping I could screw around with people using Mass Dispel, but apparently blizz made it anti-grief. You can only dispell the negative debuffs, positive ones are undispellable.

Durumu maze was special, I think we had 10 people alive 5 seconds into it, boss has such little health though that it doesn't matter, remaining people just finished him off. It will definitely be a lot tougher when you get groups pulling LFR dps instead of normal-mode raiders face-rolling him.

Also ohgod, Animus is horrible, dps in our group refused to kill adds slowly, ended up being a complete clusterfuck with everything getting empowered at once

Quote Originally Posted by Copulatingduck View Post
    I was hoping I could screw around with people using Mass Dispel, but apparently blizz made it anti-grief. You can only dispell the negative debuffs, positive ones are undispellable.

Durumu maze was special, I think we had 10 people alive 5 seconds into it, boss has such little health though that it doesn't matter, remaining people just finished him off. It will definitely be a lot tougher when you get groups pulling LFR dps instead of normal-mode raiders face-rolling him.

Also ohgod, Animus is horrible, dps in our group refused to kill adds slowly, ended up being a complete clusterfuck with everything getting empowered at once
    It's probably for the best (ie. dispel nerf) since monk healers were almost entirely useless in that fight before.

I think the guide should be rewritten, based on my experiences today:

Durumu: Wipe ~5 times so the 8 people who live thru Death Beam phase can finish the boss
    Primordius: Wipe ~3 times and run around the room in circles dpsing stuff. Eventually he'll just die
    Dark Animus: Wipe ~3 times. Just try to AOE everything and just watch stuff die without having any real clue whats going on.

Yeah, dispelling of the positive buff has been disabled.

We definitely had to use this DA strat in our LFR, people were AoEing the small ones down and activately like all 8 large and botyh massively at the same time. It was pretty chaotic. I ended up tanking on one side, and having the OT pull a small one off one at a time, have the raid kill it. Whatever it activated, they killed. When a massively spawned, I basically just killed all my small anima into it, most of it went into the massively, I picked up the large which got activated, we burned the large ones down, and then GG once DA spawned.

OP's guides really dont apply to LFR at all.

Durumu
    kill 1 of each fogbeast not 3 red.
    Try and get people to follow a marked player for the maze.

Dark Animus
    Form 2 groups in each corner.
    AoE everything down.
    Ignore massives at the end and just burn boss.

Deleted
    How I queue for that???

Sais: "You may not queue for that. You to not meet the requirements for this dungeon"
    But were I meet then???

Cheater way
    Durumu: Sit in beam phase and only kill adds when the non manual beams pass through an add. The damage is negligible and easy to heal through. Also you won't die to eye beam this way.

Primordius: Nothing difficult, just burn adds and kill boss.

Animus, raid stacks, burns all adds down, DPS Large Golems, OT holds massives when up, MT holds Dark Animus.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just did this in lfr... It took about two hours. We wiped 6 times on Durumu, but I get that maze phase(kinda, once I am in the safe zone things are good. It is finding it that is the issue). Other than the disin deam the fight is pretty easy. Primordis is really easy(at least in my opinion) but most of the raid did not stop at 5 or was not getting the buffs at all. Dark Animus I have no idea what we did to be honest. I dpsed the adds and then the boss. I am guessing in normal mode there are mechanics? I like the mechanics of of Durumu and Primordis but being in lfr for two hours was not fun... I hope people(including me) get the mechanics.

Yeah they totally changed some mechanics in LFR. I made a guide earlier since it confused me because they changed the mechanics too much.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Durumu you just have to find the beasts to kill them, even if the beam moves off them, so people can just do a lap around him in melee range quickly to find them so they can be killed.

When I did Durumu on LFR, the only thing killing our group was the death beam and whether or not people could navigate through the maze. In the end, after having like 10 people scream that we were dying because "we weren't killing adds", I chucked a mark on my head and showed people how to navigate through the death beam/maze and we one-shot it.

Possibly the same deal happening here?

Your guide is great...for normals but these fights are drasticly different in lfr.

Durumu, has 3 adds that need to be killed 1 red 1 blue 1 yellow, which appear when you move the beam over them to reveal them. I wouldnt bother having people rotate for drain life unless they actually know whats going on. The light spectrum phase is confusing enough as it is for people. The maze is exactly the same as normal however its very forgiving to be in the purple haze. Remember there will always be 2 paths and 0 dead ends so don't panic!

Primordius is pretty much same as normal except the puddles have 3 buff charges (idk if this is how it is in normal 25m but in 10m its only 1 buff per puddle) so get transformed and burn.

Animus was actually a joke. When you start the fight have everyone stack in middle and aoe everything that comes till Dark animus is up then nuke him down. You don't need any special strats or tactics like normal its literally a zergfest as he cannot reach 100 anima (lfr only has 75-80 anima total)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    How I queue for that???

Sais: "You may not queue for that. You to not meet the requirements for this dungeon"
    But were I meet then???
    You need to finish the previous ToT LFRs before you can queue. I'm currently running Forgotten Depths on my alt because I didn't realise you needed to progress one-at-a-time.

Deleted
    my lfr run wasnt to bad with 1 wipe at durumu and 1 on primordius (with 1 million to go).

Durumu: When the death beam phase was over there were about 7-8 people left with about 25% to go so just zerged him the rest.
    Primordius was faceroll
    Dark animus i had a feeling and pulled without an explanation everythin on top of each other until just the 2 massive and the boss were here an then had to yell in order to get the raid to dps the boss and stop caring about the massive ones

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Been hearing reports everyone is getting killed by Durumu's death beam. Glad they haven't changed it from the PTR!
    Wut? I now have to pay attention? These are outrageous terms! I want no.. actually I do, I do want.

Quote Originally Posted by Supahfraai View Post
    Wut? I now have to pay attention? These are outrageous terms! I want no.. actually I do, I do want.
    Except for Dark Animus.
    "Can you AOE? [Y]/[N]"
    y
    "Congratulations, here's your loot!"

Except for Dark Animus.
    "Can you AOE? [Y]/[N]"
    y
    my group couldnt aoe

Except for Dark Animus.
    "Can you AOE? [Y]/[N]"
    y
    Totally dude. We one shotted that one. It was really really simple.

Now. Durumu. People fell prey to the eye sore and beam every single time. No strats except "Follow the orange nipple" and still it went downhill. QQ
    Primordius. "OK deeps, please fully mutate and then nuke the boss, lather rince repeat".. we tried that 5-6 times and got wiped at the enrage timer. Finally with literally 2 seconds to spare, we did it.

Welcome to LFR; may I take your order?