Deleted

RBG tactics and strategies.

Hey guys,

Can anyone direct me to somewhere with good information about tactics and strategies for RBGs?

Im thinking everything from different map tactics to group compositions etc.

I've been doing quite a few RBGs now so I got a decent general idea and some basic tactics but considering starting a group in my guild and feel that I could use some more reading up.

I got a hard time finding updated info so im guessing most people are just practicing and developing their own ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to lead RBG's back in 4.3. I just got back into leading again this season, been doing a lot of lower rated play (~1600 MMR) and already I've learned & improved more in the last couple of weeks than I have during the entirety of Season 12 when I kept up with streams/guides/strats/etc.

If you think you can lead, start out with with Low MMR groups. Have somebody more experienced "shadow" you and have your back while doing this. Make sure you know your maps and your classes. Know what each class/spec is capable of. Be able to predict an opponent's strat solely by looking at their comp (Boomy, DK, Hunter, and Ele Shammy in an AB? You know they've already got a hardon for LM).

People do indeed make up their own strats. A lot of my strats for this season that have been working are completely different from those that worked in 4.3 (duh) or even the start of this season. The game is constantly evolving. The best way to learn how to lead is to start leading.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    ................A lot of my strats for this season that have been working are completely different from those that worked in 4.3 (duh) or even the start of this season. The game is constantly evolving. ................

Yeah, thats what I ment with outdated or old info. I guess you are right. There's nothing that can beat experience and routine. I'll just give it a shot

Having a solid targetcaller seem to be a real game breaker, especially with healers feeling really strong atm, getting a good switch is imporant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varila View Post
    Yeah, thats what I ment with outdated or old info. I guess you are right. There's nothing that can beat experience and routine. I'll just give it a shot
    Do it man. I was super scared the first time I lead a group. Seems I was in a similar position as you are now. You know your stuff, you've done your homework, and you have enough experience to consider starting. Just gotta take the plunge..

Keep in mind that your attitude will drive the tone of the group. Leading RBG's is 90% leadership and 10% knowledge. A good leader who can rally his players & take the blame after a tough loss, fix the mistakes of the previous game, and then give all the credit for the next victory in his fellow players is the ultimate force to be reckoned with. Being able to motivate your group members to genuinely wanting to play to their utmost ability is infinitely more valuable than the most foolproof of strats.

Never forget that, and best of luck to you
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

#1 Resto Tree Slap DPS