Deleted

Basic quick question: Truegold.

Is there a cooldown on truegold these days. I cant seem to find a definitive answer. Ta

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there is, and it's shared with the Living Steel one. Same goes for the old Elemental transmutes from Wrath, they're still on the cooldown as well.

All Alchemy transmutes that have a daily cooldown share that cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pretty sure there is, and it's shared with the Living Steel one. Same goes for the old Elemental transmutes from Wrath, they're still on the cooldown as well.
    If there is a cooldown it isn't shared with Living Steel. My LS is on cooldown and not a word on the Truegold transmute indicating it is on cooldown. There is a cooldown on Pyrium transmute and the Wrath & Cata elements. Wowhead says no cooldown as of 5.0.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcphx View Post
    If there is a cooldown it isn't shared with Living Steel. My LS is on cooldown and not a word on the Truegold transmute indicating it is on cooldown. There is a cooldown on Pyrium transmute and the Wrath & Cata elements. Wowhead says no cooldown as of 5.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahi View Post
    No, Truegold does not have a cooldown. It was removed in very late Cataclysm.
    Yes, prepatch to Mists 5.0.4 it seems. I was unaware of this untill now. Bit strange that some of the old transmute's cooldowns have remained but others have not.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, prepatch to Mists 5.0.4 it seems. I was unaware of this untill now. Bit strange that some of the old transmute's cooldowns have remained but others have not.
    People would be transmuting gold from iron nonstop and the economy would be in shambles.

It is kind of annoying that you cant transmute elementals around for low level stuff since some are really easy to get(like primal earth) and others arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    People would be transmuting gold from iron nonstop and the economy would be in shambles.

It is kind of annoying that you cant transmute elementals around for low level stuff since some are really easy to get(like primal earth) and others arent.
    But if you could do the elementals with no cooldown, a transmute master(like me) with all the recipes(like me) could generate an infinite number of all of them from one of any of them, just passing them around the circle and accumulating procs. Or even just back and forth for like water to undeath and whatnot. Even after everyone stopped buying them off the AH because of the small market being glutted very quickly, they vendor for cash, so infinite gold from nearly 0 effort. Sure it'd take you a few days to make enough to gold cap, but considering that all you'd have to do is queue up a transmute stack every once in a while, and as long as you keep at least one you can get back to the cap every time you buy something, they'll never remove the cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirge View Post
    But if you could do the elementals with no cooldown, a transmute master(like me) with all the recipes(like me) could generate an infinite number of all of them from one of any of them, just passing them around the circle and accumulating procs. Or even just back and forth for like water to undeath and whatnot. Even after everyone stopped buying them off the AH because of the small market being glutted very quickly, they vendor for cash, so infinite gold from nearly 0 effort. Sure it'd take you a few days to make enough to gold cap, but considering that all you'd have to do is queue up a transmute stack every once in a while, and as long as you keep at least one you can get back to the cap every time you buy something, they'll never remove the cooldown.
    Haha that was somewhat funny too read for some reason.

+1 for thinking skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Stirge View Post
    I didnt even think of that. There are ways they could prevent people from doing that and still allow no cd on elementals. They could either remove any circular recipies(and make people who had them angry) or put a cd on any transmute that goes back to the original material. So if you transmute water to air any transmute that makes water is put on cd. You could go down the line until everything is on cd but it would take a very long time to make vendor gold.

another solution to prevent those would be to change the xmute costs so that there is a loss like there is when shuffling around in enchanting. so it takes like 2 earth and transmutes to 1-2 air or whatever and just make that chance avg less than 2.