Dalaran Arena Change?

From the 5.3 EU PTR notes -

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dalaran Arena: Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.

dunno guess we will have to waita nd see unless a pTR player has a screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    nice , good change with all those annoying knockbacks added to the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    nice , good change with all those annoying knockbacks added to the game
    I agree. It's a change I'm very much looking forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much needed change. Explosive trap ruined the map this expansion.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A huge help for melee on this map.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Much needed change. Explosive trap ruined the map this expansion.
    Hunters used to be free kills in this arena if you had half a brain and now we've ruined this map. Gotta love WoW players...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Hunters used to be free kills in this arena if you had half a brain and now we've ruined this map. Gotta love WoW players...
    Because removal of deadzone wasn't enough help in that regard? You needed something to make melee utterly useless on the map?

All we really need now is to address Blade's Edge and Demonic Portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    All we really need now is to address Blade's Edge and Demonic Portal.
    That will be one of the things that will never change. Making demonic circle require LoS would turn it into a really shitty version of blink.

Exactly removal of deadzone is not enough because I still can't compete with a warrior in melee range. MM damage at least was seriously hurt from last expansion to this one to compensate the removal of the deadzone. If you don't know shit about hunters don't talk about them honestly.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    That will be one of the things that will never change. Making demonic circle require LoS would turn it into a really shitty version of blink.
    Im thinking the solution is to make more melee like rogues and ferals that just lol jump to the top. Like for warriors get rid of either double time or warbringer and add in a talent that makes charge leap vertically like shadow step. For DKs a talent or glyph that makes Deathgrip teleport the target to them, no longer requiring a path. For Enhance Spirit Walker's Grace lets you jump through the air. For Rets, Divine Ascent, blinding light lifts them into the air and drops them on their target.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Aren't they working on changing blades edge too? I could've sworn I'd seen a screenshot of a revision featuring new ramps up to the shadowsight pillars recently. Seems like it would be a lot easier and less gamechanging to just make the problem maps more melee-friendly than giving every class a shadowstep.

There are videos of the changes and the new arena. I wonder what they will do with the shadow sight since it is right behind the boxes and they usually have people run into the open away from pillars to get shadow sights.

Deleted

Changes to the Arena Maps

So in 5.3 Dalaran Sewer's Is going to have steps leading up to the platform in all four corners, so there will be steps up behind the boxes, making knock offs way less effective and a fantastic quality of life upgrade for melees, and similarly all the healers just groaned. What do you guys think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible change imo. Having those 2 LoS items there was iffy- for melee, you could use it to LoS the target. You also took a risk of being blown off and pretty much a sitting duck for any range sitting up top. I've won many battles by typhooning a dps off, and then slaughtering his opponent as a kitty, or just being able to "reset" the fight.

Terrible change. Now its just a 2 pillar fight with a elevated area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Terrible change imo. Having those 2 LoS items there was iffy- for melee, you could use it to LoS the target. You also took a risk of being blown off and pretty much a sitting duck for any range sitting up top. I've won many battles by typhooning a dps off, and then slaughtering his opponent as a kitty, or just being able to "reset" the fight.

Terrible change. Now its just a 2 pillar fight with a elevated area.
    What? This is a buff to melee. Guess you've not been explosive trapped/typhooned off and raped by ranged without being able to even fight back? I play a hunter as one of my toons right now and all you have to do is box hug and drop a trap and suddenly you get like 10 secs of unhindered DPS on the melee who has to run across the arena to get back to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    What? This is a buff to melee. Guess you've not been explosive trapped/typhooned off and raped by ranged without being able to even fight back? I play a hunter as one of my toons right now and all you have to do is box hug and drop a trap and suddenly you get like 10 secs of unhindered DPS on the melee who has to run across the arena to get back to you.
    like he said his feral and thus doesnt suffer from the mobility issues like some melee and feels like he should be rewarded for his masterful typhoons. good change imo. ^^

Deleted
    For all the derpers in this thread who dont know how to youtube something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0sGH_p6QjM

Also, the changes to Dalaran/Blade's edge arena are brilliant. Spellcleaves has had an advantage on Blades edge for ages, and pretty much the same goes for Dalaran.

as a resto druid, using wild charge shrooms macro i am not happy with those changes. If u play as melee learn to freaking position yourself. Now those 2 arenas are turning into good old tunnel-fest. /facepalm blizz

Aesthetically the changes to Blade's Edge arena look terrible. They look like an novice got hold of the map editor lol.