Page 1 of 2
LastLast

After almost 2 years of being gone i have noticed something..

I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/

Deleted
    It will be the same old thing in 2 years time too, can't stop the whingers, that applies to every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I haven't been playing the game in close to 2 years now. I dropped back on the forums last night because i was curious as to what the April fools jokes were this year. Something i have noticed though is that in the 2 years ive been gone nothing has changed. I see the same whining about "This is OP that's OP, nurf this nurf that" the same crying over loot, the same crying over content ect. I would had really though something would had changed after all this time =/
    Why would you think that? The players that have grown past that don't comment anymore, while those that haven't do, and new players join in.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

it won't change. people find something to complain about. they will nitpick the crap out of anything to whine about something somewhere with this game. sad as it is :/

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is ever satisfied in WOW no matter how the game goes; there will always be whiners and complainers who hate something.

Same game, same problems, why would it change? You should've stayed in the Gen OT with the other ex-WoWers.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Who cares about people and their whining. The game itself has changed, in a lot of cases for the better, and that's what should matter.

Deleted
    After this many years we still have people making threads QQing about QQ. Really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why would you think that? The players that have grown past that don't comment anymore, while those that haven't do, and new players join in.
    Wise words right there.

maybe community-wise from the outside. balancing + pvp has become a lot worse though. (okay to be fair I quit half a year ago so not sure if anything changed after I quit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people love to complain. Although there are a few issues with the game it doesn't matter what changes Blizzard do, people will always complain.

theres more whiners than ever cos they made wow into a kids ame so little 5yr olds play now

15+ Year Old Account
    you expected the millennial generation to change their ways?

Whiners will always whine;

No matter where they go or what they do.
    They will whine.

And we will have to put up with them or ignore them.
    Or in some cases just lose our patience and attempt to argue with them before realizing arguing on the internet is pointless.

But always keep this in mind:
    when you have fun with the game, you don't post on forums saying so. (Or just very rarely)
    Newspapers and so on also usually don't post positive things, just the negative ones because they usually matter more.

And so, when all you do is read forums, you might think WoW is the most imbalanced, most ridiculous, most terrible game ever.
    But that's not the majority. That's just a very vocal minority. There's millions of players out there having fun with it.
    I'm not saying though that the game is perfect in all aspects, or that criticism isn't justified sometimes. There's valid problems and concerns. But more often than not on forums, it's not very well-founded criticism, or just plain wrong.

Forums didn't change for the 2 years before you left. What made you think it would change 2 years after you left?

You mistake these forums for something relevant to the game.

They aren't.

Yes thank you for the update, let us get another in... 2 years time

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    No one is ever satisfied in WOW no matter how the game goes; there will always be whiners and complainers who hate something.
    Yes it is important to note, that if you dislike anything, anywhere and you speak up about it, you're just a whiner and complaininer. Steak burnt ? Waitress hasn't been by in 20 mins, Roofers left a pile of debris in your yard ? Blizzard sold all your personal info to anonymous ? Don't say anything, else you're just a whiner and complainer.

I just don't get why 10 million people can't all perfectly on how the game should be (which is however Blizzard gives it to us). We all have the exact same tastes and styles! And of course, nothing Blizzard every does is wrong or needs fixing! Blizzard doesn't need our feedback, their game is perfect as is.

Oh and dear OP before you claim you've been away for 2 years, might want to reconsider and check your post history