Poll: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MoP - Leveling

So, while i liked the idea of having no flying for leveling at first, what do you think should happen now for the 85-90 experience.

Do you think we should have flying back? Experience needed reduced etc?

I make A LOT of alts, and every expansion i've at least leveled 6 alts to max level (from the previous max level), but in mists i just can't, i hate how long and tiresome the leveling is.

I personally think it's been a long enough time now that flying can be added and experience reduced, by lets say 25% at least.

I barely managed to level my first alt from 85-90, which for me is weird.

What do you think, stay the same or change it now?
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-04-02 at 05:31 PM.

no-flight leveling:

on my first toon, it was sort of neat. to appreciate the landscape, to see it all as a traveler would. it was a nice experience.

on my second toon, I barely noticed the scenery at all. I was just focused on leveling as fast as possible.

now I'm on my 8th toon and I can't stand being stuck on the ground anymore. I beg of blizzard to let alts fly.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Add flying to Pandaria when the next expansion comes out.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reduced XP is all I want, I stopped levelling after 4th toon and I would like 11 90s!

Leveling in MoP is boring, there are too many quests and too much experience needed. This is exacerbated by knowing that when you hit 90 you have - more quests :/ I guess some people don't care, and that's fine, but it's stopped me from leveling up my alts. I have a main that I play for the required stuff, then don't log in for another week. My choice, but it's how every person plays the game that keeps them there. I probably won't unsub for this reason, that would be silly of me, but it doesn't make me want to put any more time into the game than what's necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no-flight leveling:

on my first toon, it was sort of neat. to appreciate the landscape, to see it all as a traveler would. it was a nice experience.
    Exactly, when i leveled my first character it made the experience great, i explored and took in the scenery. But now i just want to level as fast as possible. Blizzards arguments are along the lines of 'We want people to experience the areas'...we have, multiple times for some people, it just doesn't matter to me anymore.

At least make it so you need at least one level 90 then you can buy flying for your alts, that way new comers have to stay on normal non-flying mounts.

Deleted
    I love the Pandaria leveling, got 4 chars and it wasn't boring at all. Don't think they should change anything at all.

I think that flying should be introduced in the same way they did in WOTLK where a level 90 can purchase a BOA flying manual. I, also, think that they should look at the whole MOP levelling experience I too have found it difficult stomach a second and third time and you only have to look at how many took advantage of the pet levelling bug to see that when people are prepared to spend several hours in a city fighting low level pets in order to avoid the levelling process that there is a problem with it. Although I am not sure if reducing the exp needed to level is the right answer but I do think that other methods of levelling such as dungeons and PVP should see an increase in the exp they award.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    At least make it so you need at least one level 90 then you can buy flying, that way new comers have to stay on normal non-flying mounts.
    Exactly what I was thinking

I voted for reducing the amount of exp per level. I'll add that only 88 and 89 should be reduced. The amount of exp needed to get from 89 to 90 (27.5 million) is over twice the amount to get from 85 to 86 (13 million). This has the effect of making the last two levels a bit of a slog. It makes for the effect of the closer you get to 90 the further away you seem.

Flying should only be available at 90 for MoP until the next expansion comes out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having levelled numerous characters through Pandaria at this point, the only place I ever wanted flying was in Townlong Steppes during the Fire Camp Osul portion, and only when I die because of a bad respawn during those quests. Nowhere else on the continent have I ever felt a need, or a want, for flying before I actually had flying (which happens for me, generally, very late in Townlong or very early in Dread Wastes, depending on how many dungeons I've done). About half way through Valley of the Four Winds on my first play through, I actually started to realize the dozen or so mobs I was fighting getting to a quest objective actually added up to another quest worth (or more) of experience and weren't taking me a lot of time to clear through. Had I had flying while levelling, it would have actually taken me longer to finish my levelling, or to have had to rely on sources other than questing (such as excessive grinding) for experience.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the change up with how many quests you're able to pick up and complete then turn in; nothing more annoying than going to a quest hub and only able to pick up one quest, run across the entire local map, turn it in for 2k exp and pick up that quest to go back to the original quest giver and receive another 2k exp and 90 silver. or even just 3-4 quests being able to be completed at once. the days of grabbing up a dozen or more quests seem to be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancro View Post
    I love the Pandaria leveling, got 4 chars and it wasn't boring at all. Don't think they should change anything at all.
    If you don't want to fly, then don't. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just introduce another Tome of Flying in 5.3 (or 5.4) for alts. Just like Wrath. Then folks can finally get over it. Personally, I have both of my toons at 90 and bringing up a 3rd one now. Doesn't bother me either way and I don't mind it the way it is now.

The EXP required is what gets me most. Flying, eh, I can deal without it for the most part, I think. But seriously, I have so many toons, and I want to get them to 90, but... Goddamn does it take a long time. Cata was so easy. And it's just kinda shitty now. Idk. May also be me burning out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was cool on my first 85-90. It was boring on my 2nd 85-90. And by my 3rd character I just couldn't do it anymore. They need to unlock flight for your alts once you've leveled 85-90 without it on a main. Similar to WOTLK, the way you were able to buy that BOA tome that you could send to your alt to learn flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    Cata was so easy. May also be me burning out.
    Might be time to take a break. Most altoholics experience this kind of burnout.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I just couldn't stand townlong steppes and dread wastes, ugh how I've hated those areas... So I guess they could add a flying tome for lvl 87+ or 86, not to spoil the whole continent for newcomers etc or they could make it from 85 but require a 90 char on the realm/account. And if they remove some xp from 88-90 then that'd be great... But one could always wish :P

I like the idea of not flying until 90. It allows you to experiance the world better, and makes you feel your playing, not just dinging a healer.
    I like the big amount of exp required. Leveling is a part of the game, and it would be wasted if it lasted for less than a week.

But I hate one thing. Dread Wastes.
    This is pretty much the Dread I feel while leveling. That the last level will be dinged there. On a dark, unpleasant area. In a place where there is pretty much one quest hub. In a clusterfuck where you have to ride your ass off every time you wanna do a quest - oh, sorry, "free a paragon". This place is a madmans dream, and compared to smooth experiance of Valley or Steppes it feels like somebody else programmed this one zone.

Reduced XP. It takes way too damn long to level up in Panda Land. 87-88 is the worst.