Poll: How should the 85-90 experience be changed?

Thread: MoP - Leveling

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    In Cata, everyone said "No more flying at lower levels! Keep it at max level! Ruins the feel of the game!"

Now, all we hear is "Give flying! Moar flying! Must have flying nao!"

Why Blizzard even bothers giving people anything is beyond me. You whine about one thing, then they do what you wanted, and you still whine. Enough already. This ain't Burger King, people. You can't have it your way all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    League of Legends has 5 million F2P players. World of Warcraft has 9.6 million P2P players. Where are you seeing anything that says League of Legends is larger?
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasoneva...-call-of-duty/

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I'm afraid your link didn't come up with anything for me, but here's there latest count.

http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20...ummit-new-peak

Oh, it did just now. That was taken in 2012. And I don't see any sources. I remember something saying that League of Legends had 12m total accounts. But inactive accounts don't matter.

I'm afraid your link didn't come up with anything for me, but here's there latest count.

It's 'concurrent' players. Wow subscription doesn't mean 9.6 million players play at the same time.

Also just scratch from link above

To cast aside your doubt, consider this: It has more daily players than Instagram has daily visitors. At its peak, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft had 12 million subscribers; League of Legends has 32 million players monthly. Last Friday, 650,000 gamers were concurrently playing the top 100 games on Steam. Meanwhile, there were 3 million playing League of Legends at any given time on a typical day in July.

At its most popular point, Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 had an impressive 3.3 million daily players. League of Legends sees 12 million.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 08:17 AM ----------

Oh, it did just now. That was taken in 2012. And I don't see any sources. I remember something saying that League of Legends had 12m total accounts. But inactive accounts don't matter.
    Source? it was provided by Riot... Are you claiming that the company is faking the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It's 'concurrent' players. Wow subscription doesn't mean 9.6 million players play at the same time.

Also just scratch from link above

To cast aside your doubt, consider this: It has more daily players than Instagram has daily visitors. At its peak, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft had 12 million subscribers; League of Legends has 32 million players monthly. Last Friday, 650,000 gamers were concurrently playing the top 100 games on Steam. Meanwhile, there were 3 million playing League of Legends at any given time on a typical day in July.

At its most popular point, Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 had an impressive 3.3 million daily players. League of Legends sees 12 million.
    What's your point? That F2P games attract more players? That's obviously true. It's also true that a good portion of League of Legends players have alternate accounts. That's not as true for subscription based games.

And what company even measures their success by people who aren't buying their product?

It was too easy to level 85-90.

Keep the no flying mounts and double the xp needed to level. That'll fix it.

I would be ok with either flying for alts or less exp required for 85-90. If I can fly it faster to do quests + less dieing so you level faster. Less exp required means you will either level faster while still questing or it may actually be possible to use dungeons(which they need to raise the xp for also).

I wish I had speed leveled more of my 85-87 alts with pet battles while it was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I run into so many people that can't play their class because of raf yor the lack of time required to max level. Being max level should be something you strive for, not something rewarded because you feel like you have "earned" it. Think of leveling as training to play your class proficiently at 90. How many bad players do you see a day? I for one think leveling maybe shouldn't be longer, but there should be a competency test before you expose your ignorance to everyone else in lfr,dungeons,bgs etc. that is one aspect I miss about vanilla. Shitty players didn't get into groups.
    I learned how to play my class at max level every exp because I went on the internet and looked it up. Leveling never really taught me much about this game. You can basically reach max level just spamming scorch but that is not how u play a Mage at 90.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-04-04 at 12:52 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I don't think the levelling experience would be too bad if automatic flight paths were reintroduced for alts. Pandaland is a very massive continent and having to use landmounts until you're 90 just isn't fun when you've already seen what it has to offer. I don't think reducing the exp is necessary. I didn't have any trouble levelling my alt while doing dailies on my main. However, I wouldn't complain if the exp needed was reduced.

I recently leveled an alt from 1-90 and I was having a blast all the way up to 85 when they took flying away from me again. Initially in MoP I enjoyed the idea, but I do think that a flying tome for alts should be in the game at this point, as it kills my desire to level through those zones.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    It was too easy to level 85-90.
    Easy, but slow. Much slower than Wrath or Cata. This is partly because of the XP requirement and partly because the mobs have way more health. At 85 my DK was chewing through mobs and reached 86 quickly. By 88 he hit like a wet noodle and took ages to complete each quest. Same deal with my Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can live without flying in Pandaria until I hit 90, but getting my alts to 90 is pretty time consuming considering that I have like 5 alts waiting in line to hit 90. Not to mention leveling in Dread Wastes is, well, a dread. Curse you Cataclysm for making me an altoholic ):
    That said, I hope they reduce the exp needed to level up.

I feel like add flying will totally ruin the leveling experience but nerfing the experience needed for each level will help BIG time for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The problem is that even without heirlooms, leveling is quite quick owing to the XP reduction across the board. This punishes people that want to take their time and do the quests, and finish zone storylines.

I'm all in favor of a paid XP suppression which makes you gain XP at a slower rate. More choice is a good thing.
    this happen because blizzard applied a flat reduction in the xp needed to level mostly for new players, because peoples that level alts have already access to heirlooms and guild bonus; i'm totally against this kinda of fix cause they are not optional and force peoples to one path, there are tonload of method to give xp buff and let the player decide to use them or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    leave it how it is, it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each expansion has their way, like MoP has no flying and has high amount of experience.

Keep how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?