Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hack or something?

I keep seeing ppl that kick at 0.1 sec cast, they kick me while im thinking to cast lol

I've seen today one dk running around in frost nova too, not just me but my other teammate too, so its not my lag

Wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed spell effects linger on my DK after using Desecrated Ground. That kick thing is an exploit, or possibly just a slow player.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Actually was a dk after he ressed -> mount running for orb -> rooted him -> he dimounted on root running for the orb-> taked the orb and then the effect of root was ended he was still running lol (temple of kotomogu)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSADTFZ9Gk
    Looks like there's a working 5.2 version of the interrupt hack then....

Could be a couple things. Interrupt bots are certainly a possibility, but I don't think there's any reason to jump to that explanation unless the same player did it to you repeatedly. Even then, it's always possible (though less likely) that the guy was actually a really good player and prekicking you. Occasionally it happens as a fluke, too. It's not all that uncommon to randomly cast into what was supposed to be a blanket silence. There's even the possibility the guy was terrible and lucked out--I've seen melee in random BGs that used their kick off the end of their opening stun every time, and I'm sure that works out for them on occasion.

As for the nova, it's because that player has high latency or a junk computer. Movement is completely dictated client-side, so even after you've novad him and the game server has accepted it, he'll still be able to move until the server communicates to his client that he is now rooted. I'm playing a rogue alt and finding it pretty tough to reliably ambush or backstab when people keep sliding around for the entire duration of one of my stuns, but it's still more of a disadvantage to the guy with a crap setup.

Deleted
    Ive ran into a couple of players using the interrupt hack a couple of times.
    Always interrupts on the exact same time on my casts. 100% same pattern.
    Ive reported the users but i doubt anything will happen since it hasnt happened
    anything to other people using these kinds of programs the last couple of seasons.

Just live with it and try to outplay it im afraid :/

As a Death Knight, I often find myself interrupting people before the cast animation/cast bar is even visible. If I know they are about to cast and I can predict it (and/or get lucky), because of the delay on Mind Freeze, it will interrupt them.

I can't speak for your specific situation, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was a monk he could have just tried to silence you can got lucky.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Met what seemed to be an interrupt hacker in 2s today, looks like it's back on the grid I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good thing about interrupt hacks is that they are predictable.
    "Oh, you wasted that automatic interrupt on incinerate? Have a chaos bolt "

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a hack. It's a bind you do with your keyboard and mouse, not really sure how though. Some guy explained it in an earlier thread. That takes me to the next point, dont post posts that already have been answered.

And yea, shouldnt really be a problem with it anyway. Cast a spell from another school, then /golfclap the enemy player.

Interrupt hack. Just abuse it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSADTFZ9Gk
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    It's not a hack. It's a bind you do with your keyboard and mouse, not really sure how though. Some guy explained it in an earlier thread. That takes me to the next point, dont post posts that already have been answered.

And yea, shouldnt really be a problem with it anyway. Cast a spell from another school, then /golfclap the enemy player.
    When you've 3 dps on you is a problem fakecast another school since you will die anyway, but that isnt the problem, just asking for opinion.

Btw chill man is a forum.... there arent 50 post asking for the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not a hack, it is a bot. Two different things.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It is not a hack, it is a bot. Two different things.
    Looking at the video...who is the retard that bots in arena?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Looking at the video...who is the retard that bots in arena?
    A hack is like the people who were insta killining everyone, a bot is something that does something for you that you could do normally. People can just leave this running and have it interrupt whenever someone tries to cast something while they can just try to dps someone down and not even have to worry about trying to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    A hack is like the people who were insta killining everyone, a bot is something that does something for you that you could do normally. People can just leave this running and have it interrupt whenever someone tries to cast something while they can just try to dps someone down and not even have to worry about trying to interrupt.
    I think you're in the minority with that thought. Most people refer to a bot as being fully A.I..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I think you're in the minority with that thought. Most people refer to a bot as being fully A.I..
    But the 'majority' does not really have an understanding how bots work:}.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The good thing about interrupt hacks is that they are predictable.
    "Oh, you wasted that automatic interrupt on incinerate? Have a chaos bolt "
    you still have to eat 3 secs of dmg because some tool is using an exploit tho.

try using hearthstone instead ^^..used to do the trick nicely.. havent had to try lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    you still have to eat 3 secs of dmg because some tool is using an exploit tho.

try using hearthstone instead ^^..used to do the trick nicely.. havent had to try lately.
    Todays bots can be programmed to interrupt specific attacks during any given % of the cast.
    That means you can stand and spam shitty spells all you want but when you cast that specific ability
    it will interrupt you.