Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    My LFR team 1 shot him. About 4 people died but we still did it.
    They've hotfixed it already, so, assuming you just did it within the past... two hours or so, that should be a good sign that they're tuned it down quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I'll work for them, but I don't want to work for them. Ok.

People are accustomed to it being so easy that you cannot fathom doing anything remotely challenging. Why do the bosses even have mechanics? Serious question. As soon as they do anything that could harm you, it's too tough, and it needs to be nerfed. What is the point? If you can't fail, then where is the excitement or accomplishment? They LITERALLY could just put a boss in a room that just melees, and ticks for 10k raid damage every 5 seconds, and it would be as challenging as the content people are expecting.

Everyone can have fun with their free loot, clearly that's what this generation of players desire.
    Not even remotely what's being said, but then you're in a high ranking guild so your view is skewed. The fact is that LFR tosses you in with 24 other people who meet a gear requirement but otherwise might range from very good players who know the encounter to decent players for whom the encounter is new to outright bad players. Coordination is hard and people come in with an entitlement mentality a lot ("I can do anything I want, you can't tell me..."). Sure you can votekick griefers, AFK etc but even if you have all decent and above players it's not really a recipe for success on high mechanics or coordination fights.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I'll work for them, but I don't want to work for them. Ok.

People are accustomed to it being so easy that you cannot fathom doing anything remotely challenging. Why do the bosses even have mechanics? Serious question. As soon as they do anything that could harm you, it's too tough, and it needs to be nerfed. What is the point? If you can't fail, then where is the excitement or accomplishment? They LITERALLY could just put a boss in a room that just melees, and ticks for 10k raid damage every 5 seconds, and it would be as challenging as the content people are expecting.

Everyone can have fun with their free loot, clearly that's what this generation of players desire.
    I think you misunderstand. I will work for them. However, no matter how hard I try to explain how to do the fight to LFR, my effort and work will not get a group through this fight if they do not want to work or to listen. That is the problem with LFR. I enjoy LFR more when I do not have to hope that everyone has the same willingness to "work" that I do.

If I am in a guild raid, I can trust that everyone in that raid is willing to cooperate and work together to complete the objective. That is the inherent difference between LFR and organized raiding-- not the quality of loot, not the difficulty. The social differences.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-04-02 at 09:03 PM.

This is stupid. Who makes a LFR encounter more difficult than the normal mode equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    There is NO YELLOW fog on LFR and normal, Yellow is heroic only.
    So very wrong you have to kill a blue fog, red fog, and a yellow fog. As well, Yellow is in all difficulties.

There is no yellow add in normal. There is a yellow beam, but no add. There is a yellow add in heroic, but most of the strats involve keeping the yellow beam as far away from the yellow add as possible (spawning it opposite side of the room if there's no ice walls, IE). In normal/heroic, the add phase ends by killing 3 red adds. Are people suggesting LFR add phase ends in a different manner, by killing one of each color?

Whats the major difference between normal and reg? I've watched some vids on regular etc, (my raid is way behind this tier go go rebuild on a small server).

Also, claiming that lfr epics are too easy and giving it away is just normal mode people complaining and the old additive stands true. "I'm in here killing everything on heroic, but fuck I hate this game because someone somewhere is getting lesser loot without wiping endlessly. Fuck stop ruining my game." Who gives a shit how easy lfr loots are to get if you raid normal and heroic. You want prestige and challenge...do it in normal and heroic. LFR is a replacement for easy access to point/badge loot from fives mans that existed in BC (born there), Wrath and then slowly phased away in Cata to become the LFR. There was no challenge in running 5 mans endlessly to purchase "epic Lootz" and there should be just as little challenge to running the LFR. If LFR bothers you, you either don't raid normal or are too busy worrying about what other players who have no relevance to your part of the game are doing. You are still a snowflake in your fancy better than LFR gear. You can still stand in the major city and gloat, but shut up about LFR being "free" epics and too easy. The game has had free epics and easy gears since BC, live with it it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There is no yellow add in normal. There is a yellow beam, but no add. There is a yellow add in heroic, but most of the strats involve keeping the yellow beam as far away from the yellow add as possible (spawning it opposite side of the room if there's no ice walls, IE). In normal/heroic, the add phase ends by killing 3 red adds. Are people suggesting LFR add phase ends in a different manner, by killing one of each color?
    I just did it in LFR. You kill one blue, one red, one yellow.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

3 stacks of buff, had 10 guildies do it, only the 10 of us survived the maze phase and killed it before the next 1 lol

if you can get past durumu, the next 2 are such joke fights
    Last edited by kaamila; 2013-04-02 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is stupid. Who makes a LFR encounter more difficult than the normal mode equivalent?
    Dark Animus would also like a word. Considering you need to activate every golem for some unforseen reason in LFR when in normal its just 1 massive + boss. No clue why.

I was lucky enough to have a few people that had done the fight already in my group so they were able to guide us through the Maze. We do have to remember though that a lot of people probably have not seen this fight and therefore will be bad at it.

If you know what you are doing on that fight you need to step up and explain mechanics and so on to everyone else. I know LFR is supposed to be this relaxing, but for the 1st couple weeks while people are learning these encounters you gotta expect to wipe. =(

Yeah the LFR Dark animus might be harder then normal. Due to the random placing of the animus when a golem dies. Granted the boss can't get to max power so no insto wipe.

I was in a premade of 18 people in LFR and we one shot it. everyone including a few of the raiders died instantly to eye sores, ugh lol it's hilarious.

Just did it a few time for ranged weapon upgrade. First time I think we were at 5 stacks of the buff and everyone finally followed someone through the maze. Second time it was less stacks and people got the adds after a few tries but the maze also did less damage. Last time which was after the nerf the group just went full retard and forgot all about the adds, eye sores just stayed away from the eye beam and burned him down in 1 shot.

The easy fix would have just been to have the yellow beam controllable or have it always go the same direction. You can see where the adds are going to be so its not hard to get them down quickly. If the beams are gone the maze is easy because you can actually see.

Or they could have made it "Kill any 3 adds" to despawn beams and only 1 person with a beam would need to know what they are doing or actually listen during the fight. So many people with the red beam running around aimlessly while people are calling out and marking where the add is.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I just did it in LFR. You kill one blue, one red, one yellow.
    Fantastic, but there still is no yellow add on normal. That's a heroic mechanic. There are, however, 3 red adds on normal, whereas on LFR (as I understand it) there is only 1.

I guess they just wanted to make it as little confusing as they can. Three beams, three adds - makes more sense to a LFR crowd than 3 beams, 1 add of one beam colour, 3 adds of another beam colour, and no add for the last beam colour.

Deleted
    Its weird Blizz is still trying to make lfr people know some tactics. Everything should be able to just nuke down in lfrs.

eye sore dmg will be hotfixed to do like 5k a tick tonight, 15 wipes so far and counting due to folks not able to dodge the eye sores,

Will someone tell me the strat for LFR and how it is different than the normal mode one?

Want to know so I can help folks out in LFR later when I get to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Will someone tell me the strat for LFR and how it is different than the normal mode one?

Want to know so I can help folks out in LFR later when I get to run.
    Well for starters his stuck in the roof for every lfr group

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Its weird Blizz is still trying to make lfr people know some tactics. Everything should be able to just nuke down in lfrs.
    Not sure what blizzards idea is as well. Most people in lfr can't even handle a fight where you have to switch targets let alone a maze. IMO the whole maze phase should just be removed from lfr.
    Aye mate

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have trouble with the colour blind phase, but the maze part was jokes. Literally the entire LFR I was in just stood there as the beam slowly went around the room killing people. Got it a few attempts later with half the raid dead from the maze.