Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I highly suggest you read the short story 'Of Blood and Honor', where (Spoilers) Tirion upon saving Eitrigg from capture by humans drags him outside the city, and uses the holy light to heal him, which eitrigg regards as an amazing feeling. So, orcs are not fel corrupted creatures that burn up from holy magics.

It is only forsaken in lore who are effected by it. Also, blood elves, who were touched by fel magics, now have learned to channel the light though them without the stolen power of a narru, they do it themselves.

So, if blood elves can, and if holy light heals orcs like anyone else, then it isn't beyond possibility. The only reason they couldn't would come down to peoples prejudice
    That Naaru became the new Sunwell. So technically, they're still using his power.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    After Tauren Paladins, i'm not sure anymore what could be and what not.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NarnBloodyknuckles View Post
    That Naaru became the new Sunwell. So technically, they're still using his power.
    And people back then didn't even begin to speculate tauren being able to summon holy magics, so nothing it beyond possibility.

I am 99% sure that if the Tauren had been member's of the Alliance they would've learned to channel the light and become members of the Silver Hand on their own. It's just part of their personality and culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly suggest you read the short story 'Of Blood and Honor', where (Spoilers) Tirion upon saving Eitrigg from capture by humans drags him outside the city, and uses the holy light to heal him, which eitrigg regards as an amazing feeling. So, orcs are not fel corrupted creatures that burn up from holy magics.

It is only forsaken in lore who are effected by it. Also, blood elves, who were touched by fel magics, now have learned to channel the light though them without the stolen power of a narru, they do it themselves.

So, if blood elves can, and if holy light heals orcs like anyone else, then it isn't beyond possibility. The only reason they couldn't would come down to peoples prejudice

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 10:21 PM ----------

And if I might add, holy magic is just a form of magic, nothing more. It can be tapped into, and yet the more religious races believe it comes from there divine faith.
    Never said they would burn from it, just said they are from darker stock I have nothing against orcs, but being a paladin is, to a degree, about harnessing the Light and wielding it with great honor and purpose. Tauren were explained as SunWalkers, and as for Blood Elves, they "bend" the light to their will as they are dependent on Arcane Magics, not Fel Energies.

I understand everyone would be excited to log in, create character, Pick Race, Pick Class, Pick Faction, and begin. But, some of us think there are already enough Race/Class combos that are a stretch and really don't want any more homogenization to the classes. I tell people the same thing about pallies that we all do (and same for druids), if you want one, roll one. There are already class/race combos available. If we got Orc Pallies, the UD fans would bark. If UD got paladins, gnomes would want hunters. When gnomes get hunters, Belfs will want Druids. It has to stop somewhere. Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how the ORC's come out of the 4th war i guess and who is leading them.
    Aye mate

And people back then didn't even begin to speculate tauren being able to summon holy magics, so nothing it beyond possibility.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Claiming_the_Light

"Well done, <name>. The powers granted by the Light will never come 'naturally' to the Blood Knights, but we are not so naive as to be thwarted by the will of a single being, however powerful.
    Our mastery of the arcane has unlocked this path and these powers for you, initiate. Few have the stomach or the aptitude to wield them, but I know you will not disappoint the order."

http://www.wowpedia.org/Sunwell_Plateau_epilogue

"Prophet Velen says: Gaze now, mortals - upon the HEART OF M'URU! Unblemished. Bathed by the light of Creation - just as it was at the Dawn.
    The heart of M'uru disintegrates and flows into the Sunwell. The Sunwell reignites in a fount of blinding light.
    Prophet Velen says: In time, the light and hope held within - will rebirth more than this mere fount of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation."

Not saying "Never"... but more that it would be a HUGE undertaking, and one highly unlikely of the orcs. The orcs are just as, if not more, fel corrupted than the elves, and the elves still don't wield these powers "naturally". Yes, the Tauren call on the power of An'she, the Earth Mother in the form of the sun (the other aspect being the moon), but it stands to reason that the power of the Light is still the same (much as the Night Elves call on similar powers, and ended up shooting down Velen's reasoned opinion that Elune's power is much the same as that of a Naaru).

Deleted
    Goblin paladins, now that would be something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Goblin paladins, now that would be something.
    I would have to unsub. I love the game WAY too much to see that happen. I have a goblin, but could not abide blowing Race/Class believability out the window just to appease some fans.

we might as well have tauren rogues at this point >.>

Lorewise; For sure. Ingame; never. It's just not very flavorful, would create an awkward tint within the game.

I could actually see Orc priests but not Orc paladins. Priests could be explained along the same lines as the Forsaken priests are. They use some sort of dark energy or something.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could have undead paladins, like Sir Zeliek:

Maybe those that got resurrected and didn't left the light, and believe the undead can co-exist with the living

They could also help the undeads find peace in the new "life" and balance in it, like a new religion for the forsaken that goes agains the cult of shadows

Remenber that the undeads were once humans, and the human respected the paladins and treated them as heroes, there could be some undeads that still belive in the light.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-04-03 at 04:26 AM.

orc paladins would just ruin the paladin theme. not savages

Paladins where "created" during the second war to fight the old Death Knights (Teron Gorefiend among others) and their undead minions. They were a combination of Warriors and Priests.
    Since Paladins are created to fight the unholy undead; Forsaken Paladins can not happen. They would have to fight themselves...

The Blood Elves (or the Blood Knights) did steal the light from the Naaru, but now they worship the Sunwell. As do the rest of the High Elves/Blood Elves.

The Tauren worship the Sun (witch could be seen as some kind of "light" that the Humans worship) and since they are great warriors, Paladins have merit within their culture.

Orcs were in nature Hunters, Warriors and Shaman. With the corruption of the Burning Legion the Shaman became Warlocks. The Orcs can use sinister powers (Warlock, Rogues) but they have never worshipped a deity such as the Tauren, Elves, Human, Dwarfs, Dranei or Gnomes do. Therefor they have no priests and thus as well no Paladins.
    Since physical force and appearance is revered within the Orc culture, it seems highly unlikely to ever see an Orc priest.

Just my opinion though.

That would be neat.

As to lore? The Tauren explanation would just as easily work on Orcs or Trolls for that matter.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    we could have undead paladins, like sir zeliek:

maybe those that got resurrected and didn't left the light, and believe the undead can co-exist with the living

they could also help the undeads find peace in the new "life" and balance in it, like a new religion for the forsaken that goes agains the cult of shadows

remenber that the undeads were once humans, and the human respected the paladins and treated them as heroes, there could be some undeads that still belive in the light.
    cool!

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Lorewise; For sure. Ingame; never. It's just not very flavorful, would create an awkward tint within the game.
    And in English this would mean? Please explain.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    we might as well have tauren rogues at this point >.>
    Oh yes. Cannot wait.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    Paladins where "created" during the second war to fight the old Death Knights (Teron Gorefiend among others) and their undead minions. They were a combination of Warriors and Priests.
    Since Paladins are created to fight the unholy undead; Forsaken Paladins can not happen. They would have to fight themselves...

The Blood Elves (or the Blood Knights) did steal the light from the Naaru, but now they worship the Sunwell. As do the rest of the High Elves/Blood Elves.

The Tauren worship the Sun (witch could be seen as some kind of "light" that the Humans worship) and since they are great warriors, Paladins have merit within their culture.

Orcs were in nature Hunters, Warriors and Shaman. With the corruption of the Burning Legion the Shaman became Warlocks. The Orcs can use sinister powers (Warlock, Rogues) but they have never worshipped a deity such as the Tauren, Elves, Human, Dwarfs, Dranei or Gnomes do. Therefor they have no priests and thus as well no Paladins.
    Since physical force and appearance is revered within the Orc culture, it seems highly unlikely to ever see an Orc priest.

Just my opinion though.
    Actualy you're wrong, the BE did steal the light from the Naaru, also is true that the Paladins were created to fight the undead AND THE BURNING LEGION, but they could fight against the Burning Legion, and also they could try to fight the curse that have fallen upon them

Deleted
    Honestly? Lol no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    It's actually from the elementals.
    Nope. The blessed waters of Oshu'gun - which were filled with the essence of the Naaru inside is what allowed the orcs to commune with both Elements and Ancestor alike.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actualy you're wrong, the BE did steal the light from the Naaru, also is true that the Paladins were created to fight the undead AND THE BURNING LEGION, but they could fight against the Burning Legion, and also they could try to fight the curse that have fallen upon them
    The Knights of the Silver Hand (ergo the first human, dwarf and possibly elf paladins) were craete to combat the Horde, not the Legion as they'd never heard of the Legion until the Third War.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    orc paladins would just ruin the paladin theme. not savages
    Tauren are a savage race, and the way the Blood Knights drained a naaru can be considered quite savage too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann