Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Tl;dr Lore wise nothing stops undeads or trolls from being paladins ... Blizz just has to come up with order for them and ready to go.
    Basically yes, glad it made sense, I wasn't 100% sure of it myself honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think orcs know what the light is :/

Would love a worgen shaman/ monk though -.-

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't think orcs know what the light is :/

Would love a worgen shaman/ monk though -.-
    Of course they do. They've seen Humans, Tauren, Blood Elves, Dwarves and Draenei talk about it, they seen it used, they've been healed and hurt by it. Besides, there are a lot of orc members of the Argent Crusade (all of them wearing paladin tiers fyi).

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Sure they do, and anyone can wield the Light. Orcs working in the Argent Crusade are arguably learning about the Light and how to wield it. As for Worgen Shaman (or Human shaman for that matter, as a worgen is still partly a human) while it's not impossible, they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the Elements or their Ancestors, though I guess a Dwarf or Draenei could teach them a thing or two. As for the Monks, lorewise sure, I'm fairly sure the only reason as to why Goblin and Worgen can't be monks is because of their rather time-locked starter zones.
    Indeed, it's very likely that Eitrigg knows a thing or two about wielding the Light, being best buds with Tirion Fordring. It's in fact even likely that Eitrigg could set up an order of Orc Paladins solely based on this.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-04-04 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Any assembly" - this forum is an assembly of people on the internet. And whether or not you deem it a serious discussion, it is still a discussion.
    Hardly an assembly... barely a gathering. More like a grouping since there are 5 of us here discussing this. Though you are correct. It is a discussion, but nowhere near being a debate. One person arguing with everyone else because they have their own opinion on the matter is not a debate. It is a fight being picked by someone who wants others to fall in line and agree with his ideals only. So, I will leave you to your fight and hope those remaining understand their opinion is their opinion and they are absolutely entitled to it.

I my personal opinion, as I stated before, I think Orcs are just fine where they stand and have no business being Paladins or Priests and should continue to be naturalists just as they have been for thousands of years. No need to go making up some believable lore just because someone who loves orcs refuses to roll a Blood Elf or a Tauren.

Have a nice day.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Hardly an assembly... barely a gathering. More like a grouping since there are 5 of us here discussing this. Though you are correct. It is a discussion, but nowhere near being a debate. One person arguing with everyone else because they have their own opinion on the matter is not a debate. It is a fight being picked by someone who wants others to fall in line and agree with his ideals only. So, I will leave you to your fight and hope those remaining understand their opinion is their opinion and they are absolutely entitled to it.

I my personal opinion, as I stated before, I think Orcs are just fine where they stand and have no business being Paladins or Priests and should continue to be naturalists just as they have been for thousands of years. No need to go making up some believable lore just because someone who loves orcs refuses to roll a Blood Elf or a Tauren.

Have a nice day.
    It has nothing to do with "falling in line" or "fighting", it's got to do with - again - sound arguments and giving out information and facts, something a lot of people seems to be in dire needs of - yourself included.

And obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when bits of their opinion either involves false data or is entirely based upon it - there's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that bits of their hypotheses is flawed, allowing them to learn and perhaps even adapt or come up with a new hypothesis now that they have learned something new.

For example, take The Theory of Evolution - before Darwin presented it, everyone's personal opinion was that we were created by God, but when he presented these new facts, people took that into consideration and allowed it to affect their opinion - Obviously I'm not comparing myself to Darwin or trying to make this a religious debate - it's merely an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with "falling in line" or "fighting", it's got to do with - again - sound arguments and giving out information and facts, something a lot of people seems to be in dire needs of - yourself included.
    Again - I am not looking for someone to change my mind, or convince me otherwise. Why are you so threatened by me having my own opinion on the matter? Why am I not just allowed to dislike an idea?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    If he survives Garrosh anyways. If he does the entire idea behind an order of Orcish Paladins would be a lawful good moral authority to keep Orcs in check from within.
    Yes, surviving would be the requirement hah. And I agree, his reasons would indeed be the ones you mentioned. Honestly, I'd love it if it happened, it would even serve to give the young orcs that bit of spirituality and peace they so seem to lack, being "drunk" on war stories of old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Gnomes but Blizzard should add Gnomes hunters... why? cause they are the race with less races combinations and they are the only race with no mail class

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Again - I am not looking for someone to change my mind, or convince me otherwise. Why are you so threatened by me having my own opinion on the matter? Why am I not just allowed to dislike an idea?
    You don't get it. And honestly, trust me, I'm not threatened. Annoyed yes, threatened no. And my annoyance has nothing to do with you disliking an idea, it's got to do with your narrow mindset and lack of knowledge.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I hate Gnomes but Blizzard should add Gnomes hunters... why? cause they are the race with less races combinations and they are the only race with no mail class
    They have as many class options as tauren. Though it's true, they are the only race with no mail class option. Kinda like how Draenei were the only race with no leather class option prior to MoP.

EDIT: That's not right, my bad, Gnomes do indeed seem to have less class combos than anyone else, poor little guys.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-04-04 at 07:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    This seems more likely to me as well. After all, the Zandalari Prophets (ToT trash) are basically Troll Paladins.
    although for some reason, Wowhead isnt listing their Seal of the Loa as one of their spells.
    Precisely, and they were defined as heretics when doing the original ZG quests. So its not impossible for trolls to have a reason for paladins.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's got to do with your narrow mindset and lack of knowledge.
    It would seem neither of us "get it". My opinion is not based on a narrow mindset and lack of knowledge. My opinion is based on my personal belief that orcs are a very savage and nature based race. They are primarily Warriors, Shaman, and Hunters. Do they have additional classes? Yes. Do they really need to have lore "enhanced" for the benefit of giving them Paladins? I don't think so. Again. Personal opinion. It is not steeped in facts, or knowledge, or die hard fansite lore. This is just me... one guy... on a fan forum site saying:

--SNIP--
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-04 at 08:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would seem neither of us "get it". My opinion is not based on a narrow mindset and lack of knowledge. My opinion is based on my personal belief that orcs are a very savage and nature based race. They are primarily Warriors, Shaman, and Hunters. Do they have additional classes? Yes. Do they really need to have lore "enhanced" for the benefit of giving them Paladins? I don't think so. [B]Again. Personal opinion. It is not steeped in facts, or knowledge, or die hard fansite lore. This is just me... one guy... on a fan forum site saying:
    And that's where we clash. My opinion is indeed steeped in facts and knowledge, where yours isn't.

Oh and I've always hated Al... I find him very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I could only see Orc Priests. Paladins wouldn't fit Orcs, but Forsaken on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's where we clash. My opinion is indeed steeped in facts and knowledge, where yours isn't.

Oh and I've always hated Al... I find him very annoying.
    Well then. It is settled. I will retain my personal opinion, and you will retain yours. Sorry to hear about Al. But, if you hate it too much you can always write to:

Laters!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well then. It is settled. I will retain my personal opinion, and you will retain yours. Sorry to hear about Al. But, if you hate it too much you can always write to:

Laters!
    I hate to admit it, but that did make me smirk.

They have as many class options as tauren. Though it's true, they are the only race with no mail class option. Kinda like how Draenei were the only race with no leather class option prior to MoP.

EDIT: That's not right, my bad, Gnomes do indeed seem to have less class combos than anyone else, poor little guys.
    I always thought the lack of gnome hunters was odd.

1. Gnomish engineering--engineers specialized in making arrows and guns. A gnomish engineer could be a gnome but a gnome can't use a good deal of the stuff they craft since they can't be hunters? Not as much of a big deal now that hunters don't need engineers to craft them arrows anymore but I used to think of the lack of gnome hunters as extremely weird, back in the day.

2. Gnomes have been living with dwarves in Ironforge for how long now-dwarves arguably being the iconic hunter race besides night elves--and they never learned the ability to pick up a gun and shoot?

Might be that they just have no interest being technologically-minded and all but I think gnome hunters makes much more sense than gnome warriors or rogues.

Deleted
    Blizzard could also add tauren rogues and make up some lore for it. Would it make sense from the perspective of the new lore? Yes, would it be silly as hell? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to admit it, but that did make me smirk.
    Awesome I'm glad to get a smirk from ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Blizzard could also add tauren rogues and make up some lore for it. Would it make sense from the perspective of the new lore? Yes, would it be silly as hell? Yes.
    This is the animation I think of when I think of tauren rogues in stealth form:

Imagine that animation on a tauren model...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Imagine that animation on a tauren model...

You're welcome Pick pocketed a Tauren. This is what a stealthed Tauren Rogue would look like.