Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    dungeons/heroic dungeons - yes
    challenge modes - no
    raids - no(a team that is experienced on working together yes)
    heroic raids - no way

I would like to ask you the same about wow if you think you can do the content without talking to each other.

There used to be a top 10 wow guild around that raided without voicecom, they said multiple times they don't want to use it and they did get several world firsts in tbc, think it was vodka?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaty View Post
    Since the game is has a low difficulty ceiling...
    Every MMO these days has a low difficulty ceiling (at least in regard to PvE).

Take your more typical MMOs like WoW or Rift, the alleged "difficult" content of end game raids are not really very difficult, because the skill ceiling has been lowered and lowered and lowered in these types of games over the years. This is down to things like addons that have removed (or greatly reduced) aspects that used to seperate bad/average/good/awesome players and resulted in a higher skill ceiling, things like multitasking and awareness, which have gradually been nullified by addons that make healing easier, warn you about your buffs/debuffs, tell you when skills are off cooldown, tell you about boss attacks, warn you when you are low on mana/HP, etc.

The only "difficulty" in raids these days is getting 20 (or however many it is for your particular game) together on time and all rolling their face across the keyboard in unison to achieve the sort of unskilled consistancy that is the piss poor excuse that passes for difficulty these days, playing Simon Says is not difficult.

Deleted
    I know it sounds trivial but something that got me was the lack of guild community. I been playing MMORPGs since DAoC, what i mean from guild community is that guilds are nothing in guild wars 2. When i first joined a guild when the game first launched, it had no effect on my gameplay. You aren't tied down to one guild since you can joined multiple guilds and with this you don't really form ties to the people who are in your guild. When i started playing wow and i raided with my first guild, i had friendships with the ppl who are in the guild since we actually played together and pass time by talking in /g. But with Guild Wars 2, you don't need to make friends within your guild since you can be multiple guilds and all the public events are open to the public so a solo player can just hop into a public event without being in a group. When i was playing SWtoR, WoW, WAR, when i went to do a public quest or to do world pvp or rvr i was in a group of people and i can learn their names and the person behind the computer while guild wars 2 is just so anonymous. Did anyone else get this feeling?
    no, because the rest of us don't need to go online for "friendship" and "community"... get a life man

Infracted. -- Fencers.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-03 at 01:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    There used to be a top 10 wow guild around that raided without voicecom, they said multiple times they don't want to use it and they did get several world firsts in tbc, think it was vodka?

raids - no(a team that is experienced on working together yes)
    A pug is not going to be able to raid without voice. A team of people experienced on working with each other can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you are saying, but thats just the impression i received of guild wars 2. Since there is nothing that really set you apart from other players. Since the game is has a low difficulty ceiling so that the solo player can just hop into a random Public event and defeat the boss, receive loot, and just move on. I want to know who i am playing with, i want the fights to be difficult where you actually need coordination via "skype, vent, team speak, mumble" to defeat the boss.And that not just some random player can join and do it. But sadly that is what the foundation of the game is built off of
    You definitely need voice coordination to do High level Guild Missions. The timer is just too strict.
    Valar morghulis

A pug is not going to be able to raid without voice. A team of people experienced on working with each other can do it.
    In ICC we used to pug without voice. Chat was sufficient. Same with Dragon Soul. I did a few pugs without any voice. It was the exception and not the rule but it's still possible.

Most guilds still use VOIP programs because they're used to it. Another added bonus is that you can quickly explain things in comparison to typing it out.

If you think VOIP is still needed with the plethora of mods warning you left right and center that you need to stack or spread out I advise you to go play tetris.

Nearly always in raids, it's just the raid leader saying what needs to happen but since the raid leader can see it, everyone should be able to see it. If you don't believe me check the live-streams of PTR's, it's always: Taunt soon, Taunt, Stack on star, Spread, target the big guy,... all those things can and should be known by everyone regardless of hearing it on VOIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be loyalty, out of all the gripes I have with this game this one it's clearly a player issue. I have been representing one guild only and made friends with all of them. If you are switching guilds constantly or not representing then that is your fault, we are a 10 player active small guild. The only thing guilds are missing is alliances from GW1.

i just don't like the lore, the game is great, but i can't get into it

just biding my time until TESO hits, love that lore and everything i've heard about the gameplay so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i just don't like the lore, the game is great, but i can't get into it

just biding my time until TESO hits, love that lore and everything i've heard about the gameplay so far
    The lore is good but it is represented horribly, GW1 pretty much forced you into the lore by just doing missions you understood the back and future story. Doing personal story in GW2 tells you almost nothing until lvl 40 or so when trahearne finally mentions the guild wars (BRIEFLY) and then it's back to the same lame ass zhaitan battle. They should have known people are bored of overpowered dragons by now... I had a more enjoyable time fighting Glint in GW1 and in comparison she is tiny, she also had a more interesting story.

In every outpost before a mission you could talk to a person to get the full scope on things and even tips on how to beat it, GW2 gives you nothing. Just go in and kill stuff so I can understand why you don't like the lore, although I think if you read a lot of it on the wiki you would love it and see how badly it's represented in the game.

#alsowaiting4ESO

Deleted
    I'm curious why so many feel the need to tell others why guild wars didn't suit them, I've never ever encountered this before, is it just me that's been totally oblivious to this and it's the same in all games? personally if I dislike a game for whatever reason I just leave it and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I'm curious why so many feel the need to tell others why guild wars didn't suit them, I've never ever encountered this before, is it just me that's been totally oblivious to this and it's the same in all games? personally if I dislike a game for whatever reason I just leave it and never look back.
    It's the same in all games.

People like to share their experiences/opinions. Forums are an outlet for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    In ICC we used to pug without voice. Chat was sufficient. Same with Dragon Soul. I did a few pugs without any voice. It was the exception and not the rule but it's still possible.
    I notice you pick the 2 raids that got the huge 30% buffs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's the same in all games.

People like to share their experiences/opinions. Forums are an outlet for that.
    Indeed. Although what I don't get are the people who continue to post on the game forum for a game that they clearly don't like. Posting a couple of times, sure, but to post day after day going on and on about it? Why? There should be a college course for gaming psychology, or maybe there is one I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I notice you pick the 2 raids that got the huge 30% buffs on them.

You can point at things in both games that need little or no coordination.
    You can point at things in both games that require active voice coordination to succeed.

Nothing has been proven. Both games offer content for various degrees of coordination.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can point at things in both games that need little or no coordination.
    You can point at things in both games that require active voice coordination to succeed.

Nothing has been proven. Both games offer content for various degrees of coordination.
    I'm pretty sure I'm in agreement with you here. I never said you had to have voice for EVERYthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The lore is good but it is represented horribly, GW1 pretty much forced you into the lore by just doing missions you understood the back and future story. Doing personal story in GW2 tells you almost nothing until lvl 40 or so when trahearne finally mentions the guild wars (BRIEFLY) and then it's back to the same lame ass zhaitan battle. They should have known people are bored of overpowered dragons by now... I had a more enjoyable time fighting Glint in GW1 and in comparison she is tiny, she also had a more interesting story.

In every outpost before a mission you could talk to a person to get the full scope on things and even tips on how to beat it, GW2 gives you nothing. Just go in and kill stuff so I can understand why you don't like the lore, although I think if you read a lot of it on the wiki you would love it and see how badly it's represented in the game.

#alsowaiting4ESO
    honestly i'm a huge TES lore nerd, liked wow's lore a few years ago before it became the butchered shit it is now, an i was just too lazy to get into GW's lore. i tried, but i guess i just never really felt like diving that far into it. i played GW a little but not a lot, tried to grind the HOM out pre-GW2 and that was a fucking headache

i think wow just made me lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I Agree, liked Guild Wars 1 guild system better personally, and generally more as well

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Although what I don't get are the people who continue to post on the game forum for a game that they clearly don't like.
    Maybe they really wanted to like it, couldn't get into it for whatever reason, and are looking for input to sway them into giving it another go? I usually do that with classes though, not so much games in general. Sometimes other points of view can help someone revisit their initial reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Maybe they really wanted to like it, couldn't get into it for whatever reason, and are looking for input to sway them into giving it another go? I usually do that with classes though, not so much games in general. Sometimes other points of view can help someone revisit their initial reservations.
    That's giving them way too much credit.

If there is a game I don't like, I leave and never return to any of the forums. It's just a colossal waste of my time to remain, and for what?