more elemental survival buffs? :o

Glyph of Unleashed Lightning (Your Lightning Bolt takes 5% longer to cast, but may be cast while moving.) Major Glyph. Shield also reduces all damage you take by 10%. Major Glyph.

( ) = old.

finally realising that shield does nothing vs raid damage and spriest/boomkin take much much less raid damage than us.

i guess it will be a new glyph i cannot imagine unleashed lightning will be removed elemental would be broken and last on dps.

edit : merge this with existing posts about the glyph, i didn't put it in 5.2 shaman changes because its 5.3.

Deleted
    finally realising that shield does nothing vs raid damage and spriest/boomkin take much much less raid damage than us.
    Why would it do nothing? It's a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Why would it do nothing? It's a passive.
    i missed the a.

a shield does nothing vs raid damage.

If they really are removing our LB cast while moving, its a good thing I'm leveling a Rogue alt.

It's actually for PvP reasons. Both enhancement and ele shamans are very vulnerable atm. Hopefully this change will go through.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems kind of weird that they would cut down the mobility of this class since it seems it's not exactly a beast when it comes to medium or heavy-movement fights with the exception of Fulminate and Lava Surge procs.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this though.

I'm sure they forgot to mention the lb while moving. If not well I guess I'll switch main to fire mage...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    It's actually for PvP reasons. Both enhancement and ele shamans are very vulnerable atm. Hopefully this change will go through.
    its good that they want to change something i dont feel like 10% pasive reduction will be enough tho, i would give it anytime for somehing like iceblock or dispersion

ohh and proper cc to make us not completly shit on arenas
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-04-02 at 01:30 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    If they really are removing our LB cast while moving, its a good thing I'm leveling a Rogue alt.
    I think you can still cast while moving, but it also gives you a shield to protect you a bit. Though I think it's a pvp thing more than anything as it seems pretty much useless in a raid. But, it's still cool to have.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I think you can still cast while moving, but it also gives you a shield to protect you a bit. Though I think it's a pvp thing more than anything as it seems pretty much useless in a raid. But, it's still cool to have.
    No, now the only effect is : " Your Lightning Shield also reduces all damage you take by 10%."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    No, now the only effect is : " Your Lightning Shield also reduces all damage you take by 10%."
    You can still cast LB while moving. GC confirmed via Twitter that this is being made baseline, freeing up the glyph for another use, like this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can still cast LB while moving. GC confirmed via Twitter that this is being made baseline, freeing up the glyph for another use, like this.
    And most importantly what Endus forgets to mention, the 5% cast time reduction is gone with that. Not only does this make a survival buff, but another buff, although small, to elemental.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    What shamans has always needed it an ice block type ability. Something to reset the fight and discourage attackers or make them switch focus.

It could be something like: Encase in stone and function exactly like ice block. Or maybe even some kind of pet sacrifice absorb, like warlocks. And it need to be a major one.

People were saying this change back before 5.2...

Oh well, long overdue but at least they're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    People were saying this change back before 5.2...

Oh well, long overdue but at least they're doing it.
    Just like the 10% shaman hp totems. Maybe we'll see more of these kind of changes. Would be nice.

Also it kinda pains me to hear that even enh seems to be doing bad this tier in pve :-/. I just cant understand any spec doing so bad in pve. I mean, it is just about lowering/raising numbers, right?.

On the dispersion/iceblock thing: I remember bringing up elemental shields (lightning/water/earth shield) as more active than passive abilities, utility cooldowns.

-Rockshell: The shaman gets surrounded with a massive spiked rockshell which makes him immune to dmg while active, and heal the caster OR reflects any damage back for its duration, but makes him unable to move or cast
    -Frozen Barrier: The ground around the caster gets frozen and becomes slippery. Enemies get their movement, casting and attack speed reduced while on the frozen area, and have a chance to slip and fall down, silencing and disarming them for up to 3 seconds
    -Storm Sphere: The caster gets charged with the power of lightning, unloading it for nature damage whenever the caster hits his target with melee or spell attack.
    -Fire Wall ( :P ): The caster is surrounded with a burning ring of fire ( :P again), damaging everything it touches for fire damage during its duration (WC II spell revival) (i know, bad references ^^ )
    thread in question. I now realise that a huge part of it could still be used for improving our class.
    If only .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

There has already been a response from GC stating that LB is now always castable while moving, with no cast speed penalty.

Read before whining.

so is anyone else mad that spriest and moonkin get 15% reduction and shammies get 10%? or is that just because mail armor?
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    so is anyone else mad that spriest and moonkin get 15% reduction and shammies get 10%? or is that just because mail armor?
    Mail armor and the ability to use a shield more than makes up that gap, against physical damage sources, even before the 10% passive. Mail plus shield meant we took about 25% less physical damage than cloth or leather casters, and their passives didn't make up that difference. They had an advantage against casters, but the Shaman kit is meant to provide active defenses against casters; a low-CD interrupt, Grounding Totem, etc.

You can't just look at one particular thing and expect that every class should have the same. If that were the ideal of design, there wouldn't be any point to having classes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Mail armor and the ability to use a shield more than makes up that gap, against physical damage sources, even before the 10% passive. Mail plus shield meant we took about 25% less physical damage than cloth or leather casters, and their passives didn't make up that difference. They had an advantage against casters, but the Shaman kit is meant to provide active defenses against casters; a low-CD interrupt, Grounding Totem, etc.

You can't just look at one particular thing and expect that every class should have the same. If that were the ideal of design, there wouldn't be any point to having classes in the first place.
    and the fact before elemental had the -12% magic damage talent. but in pve at the moment a shield is as good as an off-hand and we take considerably way more raid damage than our caster counterparts because raid damage is not reduced by armor it is a fixed amount.

so say for horridon heroic dire call after war god has died it hits 460,000 damage

boomkins and spriests are taking only 391,000 damage
    warlocks are taking 414,000 damage
    but elemental shamans with their lovely 19000 armor shield are still taking a full 460,000 damage

yes we have SR/SBT but boomkins have barkskin spriests dispersion...i'm not going to compare them all.

just without using any cooldowns elemental shaman is passively taking much more raid damage than other casters and i believe blizzard wanted to balance this out a little more, pvp is just a bonus because we're also pretty squishy there as well.