Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    EU player. Very rarely experience bots, it's usually quite funny when I encounter one on either side.

My lucky subjective experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    No they didn't fix bots at all. The /follow change did virtually nothing, now the bots just follow enemy players instead. Bots as rampant as ever.
    That's the same bot as before, it's just broken and acting retarded now

what noob bots is people using that suck so much lol, everyone should use *snip*

mod edit: please don't name bots.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-08 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    what noob bots is people using that suck so much lol, everyone should use *snip*.
    yea and pay xx a day/month/year?
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-08 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Its quite funny. First, Blizzard removes /follow, the next day, the bots follows the ENEMY team too just to mock Blizzard!

I came back this week after a 2-3 month break and i havent seen any bots, at last they did something good for the players. Although i think farming bots and leveling bots are still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I did IoC a few days ago at about 2am, there were about 30 bots (no joke) all clumped up who didn't move out of our keep. Unfortunately, the opposing faction had better luck, and we got destroyed. :/

tl;dr - Nope. People are still botting.

/Hopes for the removal of PvP gear-grind.
    Yeah, because people need to employ a bot to go afk at the keep.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Yeah, because people need to employ a bot to go afk at the keep.
    Try going close to them if they're from the opposite faction, they'll all charge at you and run after you till you eventually die and go right back to idle. The problem here is that they don't have a real player they could imitate so they just stand there getting "stuck".

Those aren't afk players, they're bots plain and simple. During the day you never ever have such an situation when the human population is far higher and the bots get dilluted in the masses.

I almost never see bots, only once or twice have I seen the horror stories of nearly the entire team being bots, and we still did better than when I get into bad bg teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Try going close to them if they're from the opposite faction, they'll all charge at you and run after you till you eventually die and go right back to idle. The problem here is that they don't have a real player they could imitate so they just stand there getting "stuck".

Those aren't afk players, they're bots plain and simple. During the day you never ever have such an situation when the human population is far higher and the bots get dilluted in the masses.
    you are so clueless it makes me smile.

This is why theres so many bots in bg, if you cant spot em, how will you report em.

I suggest you google a bit more on how bots work, esp *snip*, and then try again.

Bg's are infested with em, and for those thinking RBG isnt, theres a thing called *snip, all you
    have to do is move, rest is done for you.

Read up more.

mod edit: lets not name all the bots
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-08 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    you are so clueless it makes me smile.

This is why theres so many bots in bg, if you cant spot em, how will you report em.

I suggest you google a bit more on how bots work, esp honorbuddy, and then try again.

Bg's are infested with em, and for those thinking RBG isnt, theres a thing called lazyraider, all you
    have to do is move, rest is done for you.

Read up more.
    The only one that should be reading up more is you. Because what Deleth said is completely correct. The most used bot today (*snip* by far) uses a system that moves the bot to the largest group of allies it can find in search of a massive fight where it's generally harder to differentiate bots. Therefore, if there are more bots than actual players the bots will all stand at the starting point of the bg (the keep or cave normally) since that is the largest group. Also they will still attack enemies when they find them (40 yards range normally), but once they have killed/been killed the bots will then again clump up in very large groups and stand still.

Reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong side at all. Deleth didn't say there were no bots during the day, only that the situation where there are more bots than players (causing the situation described above) doesn't occur in the day, which is true.

Go read up yourself, and be less hostile next time you decide to write something.

mod edit: let's not name the bots
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-08 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old version follow bots are out of business - the botton program shit that some uses aren't.

off-note: If you are returning to PvP, you can always buy armor from Tailor/Leatherworker/Blacksmith - gives you a good starting kit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Without bots we would have horrible BG queues, besides, bots play better than most real players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    The very basic follow-bots have likely been diminished since Blizzard disabled the /follow command in BGs in 5.2.
    My bot was basic... it was free and all it did was record my mouse movements... so i'd have it run in circles or just run straight until someone killed me. so if you think that just because they remove one emote it's wiping a lot out... you're wrong... most people who get bots are scared so they get the paid ones which are on circuits... they have your character run to certain spots and then pat back. No one is going to get caught unless a blizzard employee is watching a game precisely and then does other tasks to prove whether it's a bot... it's a slippery slope... you either get it right and ban the guy or you ban an innocent person and risk pissing him off and his/her friends who might potentially quit. With the game being this old, they're not just trying to ban anyone they think doesn't fit.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    botters are paying subscribers too.

blizzard likes money.
    This is exactly why bots are very low on the blizzard priority list.

Still reporting them all

I never understood the "Blizz likes money" argument. Do you really think (that Blizz thinks) that allowing bots will increase profits?

Taken from a recent forum post on a major botting forum.

http://imgur.com/E9UTJsx

shows 120k individual hits. Botters are very much still alive.

The "enemy following bots" is due to an install error on a single bot. Make sure you are very specific in the reports you send to the GMs, as this will help ban the botters.

I'd suggest you look up what CTM (Click to move) is, as a lot of the botbases use it and its very easy to spot once you know what you are looking for. And just because they are talking to you doesn't mean that a bot isn't controlling the character.

Blizzard bans botters on a daily basis, all you have to do is look at the ban report forums on these bots to know that (especially BG bots, everyone I know is weary using them)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    from my personal Experience I think that the Bots amount has been reduced as Blizzard has indeed removed some Bots. The question now is will even more Bots be removed or will the Botters catch up to the banning and rise again. Time will tell.
    I have to disagree with this. Blizzard hasn't been stopping any of the major bots lately, breaking the follow command didn't stop the most common bots as they use Click-To-Move and not /follow. I just don't see why there would have been a decrease in the amount of botted characters at this time, a change of mentality amongst players? I think not. I don't think the amount of bots has noticably changed at all, you have probably just been lucky.

Ah well that's just my opinion anyway.