Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR Durumu way overtuned

Can't even attack the boss
    http://i.imgur.com/s0wiIni.jpg

Deleted
    Did you kill the trash mobs hiding in the sewers?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is waaaay undertuned in LFR (I'm progressing on normal in it) until you get to the maze phase and 90% of the raid gets killed. If 10-15 people survive the phase you get to kill him so easily (it was the case in our 6th try).

It's extremely easy in LFR, you just have to get people to avoid the beam of death and you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    It is waaaay undertuned in LFR (I'm progressing on normal in it) until you get to the maze phase and 90% of the raid gets killed. If 10-15 people survive the phase you get to kill him so easily (it was the case in our 6th try).
    Remember you had a 25% buff by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    It's extremely easy in LFR, you just have to get people to avoid the beam of death and you win.
    Or, to put it another way, it's an overtuned wipefest in LFR.

Deleted
    He only does disintegration beam once from what i could tell, sure people fail at the maze first time but i just put a marker on my head, about 12 people survived and we one shot it.

Dark Animus was interesting though, i was expecting the change on anima going to random golems.

Probably a joke thread though, but w/e =)

LFR fog in maze = 10-20k~/sec
    Normal fog in maze = 100k+/sec

If ppl in LFR just avoid the beam it would be an easy tank and spank boss.

He can do disintegration beam more than once. We had an attempt last night where 9 of us lived through the first maze but it was all tanks and healers so we didn't have the deeps to keep him from disintegrating again. Then we lost half the healers in the second maze and yay another stack of determination.

It's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipersteve View Post

when my lfr invite popped and accepted it, I entered at lei shen's platform.

Give it a week or 2, just some bugs that needs fixing

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    when my lfr invite popped and accepted it, I entered at lei shen's platform.

Give it a week or 2, just some bugs that needs fixing
    Same thing happened to me. I got a loading screen, then some nice ocean view where I fell down, loading screen then I was in Lei Shen's room up on a platform. Had to teleport out of the dungeon and in again to get to where my subjects were.

Deleted
    Its a joke how easy it is, get any dps and a tank + 1 healer through maze and its a kill, dunno how you can class that as overtuned, if you cant do the maze in melee, wait till the purple fills the room then move out to the "ranged" path.

It's neither overtuned nor undertuned, it's somewhere inbetween. I think people won't have any issues with it in the future, it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Yeah, give it time and people will learn it and one day it too will be one-shot. I don't mind having some wipes though, it's about time we get an actually challenging LFR boss.

I kinda wonder how Durumu git himself stuck up there though.

Sorry OP, like 99% of the people here didn't get that this is a joke.

It's ok, jokes are hard to decipher on the webs :\

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Sorry OP, like 99% of the people here didn't get that this is a joke.

It's ok, jokes are hard to decipher on the webs :\
    I think the problem lies with clicking the image.

OT: good one OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

Apparently there was a hotfix tuesday before I ever tried him, so I'm not sure before that, but here's what I saw happen.

Attempt 1: Long time in colorblind phase because the yellow fog add was at the opposite end of the platform from where the yellow beam started. Lots of damage in that phase and he started disintigration beam before the yellow add was killed. Several people died immediately because they were still on the add and most died to the maze or the beam within the first few seconds of the beam phase. About 5-7 of us were alive only to wipe shortly after.

Attempt 2: People with beams all found their adds right away, including yellow. Colorblind phase ends in something like 15 seconds. Beam phase starts around 55% boss health. Roughly 1/3 of the raid dies to maze or beams. After the beam, the remaining 15ish people kill him with no real trouble.

On a somewhat related note, that LFR group ended up 1-shotting Primordius and 2-shotting Animus.

Honestly, at least give it a week for people to see the fight and get used to it before you start crying 'overtuned'. There's a big difference between an overtuned fight and a fight that requires some learning. No raid fight, regardless of difficulty level should ever be a one-shot when half the group goes into the fight completely blind. And believe me, most LFR players go into the encounters blind other than *maybe* looking at the dungeon journal.

I'm not saying the fights are easy. I'm not saying they're overtuned for LFR. I'm just saying give it some time for players to learn the fights instead of jumping up and down right away, flailing your arms and crying to blizzard because you didn't get a kill on your first try.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 09:57 AM ----------

Ceiling raid boss is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got one whack at him late last night then people left (because 1 wipe on a boss that's new to people is ZOMG FAIL) and the group never refilled so I've not killed him but...

Mazes are a new mechanic to most players. I can't think of a boss from TBC to now that did the maze thing.

Camera perspective is key here and if you don't know that the maze is outlined not by stuff on the floor but by a dark fog and have your camera at a shallow angle, it's not a Good Thing.

Dark stuff on dark backgrounds is a poor choice for the encounter. This isn't really a design flaw but everything is effing DARK and if someone's monitor is mistuned or uses a darker gamma I imagine it could be hard to see things.

If you're caught out of position, you're screwed and hey, week one of a boss encounter, many people are going to be not precisely where they should be the first couple of tries and will get caught in eyesore.

I wish we'd gotten more shots at him. He breaks the "many adds handle them" BS that other encounters in there have (Horridon, Primordius). ANd no, those aren't HARD, I just don't really like fights where most of the fight is add management. This fight looks fun.

PS: Kudos to OP.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-04 at 03:14 PM.