Card Buying(Question)

Will players of the new Hearthstone:Heroes of Warcraft have to buy actual cards in real life to use them in the game? Or are we able to just choose cards in the Forge and use those. Answers are greatly appreciated!

-Kairon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
    Will players of the new Hearthstone:Heroes of Warcraft have to buy actual cards in real life to use them in the game? Or are we able to just choose cards in the Forge and use those. Answers are greatly appreciated!

-Kairon
    Nope this is a purely digital game. It lends nothing from the existing TCG and won't introduce physical cards in any way.

The way it will work is that you'll be able to buy digital card packs that you open in a special user interface, with nice effects and such. The price of those packs, and how exactly you will be able to buy them is still unknown, though Blizzard has said to have a price of 1$ per pack of 5 cards in mind. Each such pack of 5 cards comes with a guarenteed 1 card of Rare or better quality.

These same packs can also be won by simply playing the game, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nope this is a purely digital game. It lends nothing from the existing TCG and won't introduce physical cards in any way.

The way it will work is that you'll be able to buy digital card packs that you open in a special user interface, with nice effects and such. The price of those packs, and how exactly you will be able to buy them is still unknown, though Blizzard has said to have a price of 1$ per pack of 5 cards in mind. Each such pack of 5 cards comes with a guarenteed 1 card of Rare or better quality.

These same packs can also be won by simply playing the game, for free.

it is possible tho that they will have codes in the current TCG that can be used to claim a card for the DTCG... wouldn't doubt it since they do that now with WoW, it would make it to where they make more money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    it is possible tho that they will have codes in the current TCG that can be used to claim a card for the DTCG... wouldn't doubt it since they do that now with WoW, it would make it to where they make more money
    I highly doubt they will, but they might at some point with cross promotion, but it's not an announced feature at the moment, or even mentioned as a possibility. For now the only thing they have said is that all cards will be available through playing the game, for free. Since this has been repeated a few times I don't think they'll stray from this path any time soon.