Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed by it. They're making him into a completely different character, which we've seen happen to Karma.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Disappointed by it. They're making him into a completely different character, which we've seen happen to Karma.
    I think the idea behind what they are doing with trundle is that if they make him prettier, they'll see an increase in players playing him.

That being said, this could have been accomplished with a simple skin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    I think the idea behind what they are doing with trundle is that if they make him prettier, they'll see an increase in players playing him.

That being said, this could have been accomplished with a simple skin...
    Which is what they did with Urgot, and that's exactly what they SHOULD have done, keeping the QoL fixes in, but not tampering with the character itself.

The reds also mentioned something about "fixing up" Urgot some day, which erks me.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Personally the new Ice Troll theme, for me, works better for the character. Kinda funny really, I've just finished a Lore series on the characters of League of Legends and suddenly everyone is getting revamps.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a pretty nice thread on the topic: http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtrac...-a-lore-change

Not saying I suddenly agree with gutting his personality, but that does make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the changes to Trundle overall, and to Sejuani as well. It would be good to see both of those champs played more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    This is actually a pretty nice thread on the topic: http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtrac...-a-lore-change

Not saying I suddenly agree with gutting his personality, but that does make sense.
    This post sums up my feelings right here. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post36397654

I understand his lore left him with no where to go, but changing everything that is Trundle did not need to happen. They could of easily tweaked his lore to give him a greater purpose, or they could of incorporated his old lore to fit this new Trundle. I wouldn't be as mad if he was still Trundle, and not Random Ice Troll 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I don't mind the lore revamp per se, but I wish he was still a "noble" troll instead of a jerk who sold his people for power. It was rare to find a "good" troll character in games like this. Karma is still "good" after her revamp, WW still evil and Soraka still good + share a sordid history, and so on. It's when their entire personality changes that I start to be sad, and likely what makes a lot of people "upset" and why I can understand the "just make an entirely new character" sentiment in that regard. For example, he could have been part of the more "noble intentions but still kinda vicious" Sejauni/Volibear team as a frost troll and a new character could have been put in for the ice queen's servants. OR, they could have done like Anivia and made "corrupted" versions of the ice-based characters as skins.

Aesthetically though, he does look way better compared to his old design. I wasn't interested in buying him before the remake announcement because he is so unappealing in that regard, but I kinda like him now (and his new "evil" self will be kinda weird with his traditional skin/voiceover). There's a helluva lot of characters that are displaced or barely relevant to the "main" conflicts, people might be worried if those characters are on the "gonna be totally different" list too. I mean, Taric for example is likely getting a "makeover" soon too (one of the last really outdated models still), and threatening his fabulous history would be shameful. Some other characters with little to no connection are Zyra, Shaco, Rammus, Vlad, Fiddle, Ahri, Lulu, Nocturne, Orianna, Skarner, Sona...
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-04-06 at 06:04 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't noble. He was complete. There's a huge difference there.

He accepted the curse in the hopes to be seen as saviour of his tribe. He kept the curse to see his tribe die off. Forever an outcast.

Deleted
    Dont like the new Lore... Boring Ice Themed Stuff, Pillar of Filth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ice Pillar, was fun to watch that Thing erupted from the ground gooing on everyone. To me it felt they didnt adress the problems for his spell kit at the current meta. I like trundle, the problem just seems to be that he only has two single target damage spells, that also require close range to do something. And its not easy getting tanky enough fast to stay in team fights to deal some damage, currently in 5v5 teamfights you cant just run in the enemy team or you will get killed you need hard initiate by your side, he is to team dependend now, which make many other jungler more viable because of the hard cc, strong ults or aoe damage. His MR/Armor Steal is not deal much cause its low percentage steal, heck i guess even Kog Maw will reduce more Stats with his Q.

Now they gave his Q a slow, unnecessary cause he already got strong slow. Removed CC Reduction, which will make it very easy to kite him cause he still needs to get close to deal any damage, gave is ult percentage damage which is ok i guess but still will make his impact on the teamfight very small especially without communication. What they should have changed a) give Pillar a short root or b) make ult a aoe effect like a cone of puke (whatever), to reward for good position and give a you strong steroid to stay in team fight, maybe reduce the values ofc.

I'll miss his lore, where his regenerative powers were so good he originally kept the curse at bay, until he offered to take on the curse for his entire race.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of want a skin the transforms his pillar into a giant middle finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He wasn't noble. He was complete. There's a huge difference there.
    They aren't mutually exclusive. I think it is pretty noble to take all the suffering of your entire tribe into your body just because you can. If his story was also complete, fine, but he's a totally different guy now so why still call him Trundle? Where's the guy who gave up everything for his tribe's sake? He's the opposite now, he sold them out for an ice club and a pact with a legitimately evil sorceress.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't take that onto him out of the kindness of his heart is where the disconnect with him being noble comes from. He took it in the hopes that his tribe would finally look up to him, instead of down on him.

Other than that, I agree. They just pulled a bait-n-switch on Trundle.

Dislike it, despite never having played him. They said the frost theme fits more with his abilities and his CC: which is ironic considering the fact that his kit wasn't a traditional boring frost theme is what I liked about him. Frost based champs are dime a dozen, Trundle was somewhat unique.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Runaan discusses why Trundle was changed in these ways. I find most of that reasoning to be bullshit.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I like it, but I liked the old pillar lol =/ and iono about the frost theme. kind of makes him not really trundle anymore =[

10+ Year Old Account
    basically looks like a blue human

where's his hunch? his hopping around?

dont like that they got rid of the tenacity on Contaminate, dont like that they got rid of the AD steal on his Bite
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    AD steal is there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:37 PM ----------

Runaan discusses why Trundle was changed in these ways. I find most of that reasoning to be bullshit.
    None of that reasoning actually addresses the complaints and arguments. It just lays down the same thing we already heard IronStylus say. I think ItemGuy's response pretty much covers it all.

Deleted
    The reply hasn't touched on any of the discussion with the multiple problems that Trundle fans have with the remake and how the original could have been continued. It's nice that you're explaining your process, but it addresses no immediate concerns about overall theme and theme degeneration.

I understand you're exited, but I still find the rationale very weak. I'll address it in greater detail once I have access to a computer provided they are not already by then. I was hoping for a dialogue rather than just a Q&A rationale. We got an abridged outline of that in his initial launch post.
    The reply is really appreciated, but based on that response, it really doesn't look like you've taken a very careful look at the thread.

Trundle's story wasn't finished, his involvement with his tribe wasn't over. That's the whole point of most of the counterarguments in the thread.

Wouldn't some members of the tribe be suspicious at Trundle's complete disappearance? Wouldn't some members of the tribe die out earlier than the others, causing them to realize what's happening and attempt to bring Trundle back to undo the curse transfer to save the tribe? There were so many directions you could have taken it, why didn't you pursue those options? I just don't see why it was necessary to turn him into an ice troll, even if it was exciting. Great writers take what they have already and build on it, an ice troll could have been a new champion if it seemed like an exciting addition to the league, it could flesh out some of the lore of Freljord and he could have some interaction with Trundle, either furious at his betrayal of their species or whatnot. Essentially deleting an old character's story because what might seem like a "better" idea comes up 2 years later just seems like such a strange move.
    Couldn't have said it better than these fine gents.