Poll: Do you think that Minecraft should have non-gridded building?

Non-block grid building

Hey all,

In your opinion, do you think Minecraft will "evolve" beyond block-gridded building, and utilize hexagons, pyramids, etc, allowing for builder to create very interesting structures without being limited to a block grid? Or should minecraft just stay the way it is: a block game.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft as it is now? no. The use of blocks as a fundamental building unit in Minecraft is at the core of the game. Changing that wouldn't be possible without re-writing most of the game.

There are many mods that add what you're asking about though, allthough the components still occupy the space of a standard block. It's really just textured to look like other shapes.

Should it? I don't know. They have a good thing going. There are other sandbox games out there that already have it anyways.

The blockyness is what gives Minecraft it's charm. I would just like for them to continue to add different types of blocks so that more things are possible.

What id really like to see is for them to add more dynamic scripted world events. Terreria has some fun ones that minecraft could use for inspiration. Most of this is probably already available with mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    The blockyness is what gives Minecraft it's charm. I would just like for them to continue to add different types of blocks so that more things are possible.

What id really like to see is for them to add more dynamic scripted world events. Terreria has some fun ones that minecraft could use for inspiration. Most of this is probably already available with mods.
    This, I ave not even played the game and I know this. If it was not blockly it might be harder on graphics? Not sure.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The game is built, on its absolute core, in 1 meter by 1 meter squares. That doesn't have to define it though, as we've seen with the gradually more detailed and varied blocks. It's not just a bunch of cubes anymore, it's pressure plates, redstone, music, monsters, stairs, slabs, ores, enchanting, bosses, and infinitely more potential when utilized with mods. You want a rideable non-blocky car? You mod in a rideable non-blocky car!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'd just like to have micro blocks that the mod "Redpower" gives be implemented into the vanilla version of the game. You can add so much more detail to everything.